What are the best pots and pans, and why?

What are the best pots and pans, and why?

Talking make/brand here, not type.

I assume we're talking about stainless lined for general use?

All Clad MC2 if poor
Demeyere Proline or Falk if not

Note: if you can't even afford all clad, you might as well just eat at macdonalds

Second note: You should have a variety of special purpose pans (nonstick, tinned, enameled iron, etc). But despite what neckbeards will insist the best general purpose pan will have a tin lining, regardless of whether the main body of the pan is made of aluminum or copper (and those are the only two legitimate options)

>I assume we're talking about stainless lined for general use?
Just the best quality pans for everyday use. You tell me what material, just whatever's the most durable and easiest to cook with. Price vs. performance.

>I don't want to think about this at all, just feed me something Veeky Forums pls no bully
Tell you what, just send me your credit card info and I'll see what I can do to help

Different materials generally have different purposes for cooking.

Durability-wise, properly cared for stainless steel, carbon steel, and raw or enamel cast iron will last a lifetime. Any type of cookware can be damaged by negligence.

Non-stick coated pans will wear out regardless of how gentle you try to be with them. That doesn't mean they don't serve a purpose, but it means you have to expect to replace them over time.

Came here to say pretty much exactly this.

Get a decent set of stainless, and then supplement your kitchen with other specialized tools as you can afford them.

> the best general purpose pan will have a tin lining
Actually meant to type "steel" but in retrospect, I stand by this

If you're not using tinned copper for 80% of your cooking tasks, you very obviously don't know SHIT about food and cooking and are probably just eating muh hamboigahs 3 meals a day because you'll fuck up anything even slightly more complicated

You sound like a liberal cuck.

Are you a cuck?

I like to think of myself as more of a nu-male

Cuck :^)

Cuck

Pressure cooker, especially one with a valve that has 2-3 settings.

Extremely good and efficient for all sorts of vegetables, rice and general plants.

mauviel m'cook line
sitram professorie
le creuset

Get a carbon steel pan 12" for your everyday pan.
carbon steel 8" for your eggs
A 12" stainless steel fry pan (sitram)
A couple of stainless steel saucepans
A le creuset dutch oven
A 12 quart stock pot.

They stopped making the all-clad mc2 line.

I love enamel on steel pans, although they are a bit hard to find. Almost everything is enamel on cast iron.

Steel enamel pans can be made much lighter, it's a little like carbon steel skillets vs. cast iron skillets. Better in all ways.

>Steel enamel pans can be made much lighter

Lighter is a bad thing, not a good thing.

>sitram professorie
egullet pls go

I bought a load of Falk pans and I do love cooking with them, but I now really dislike the cast iron handles, as I feel I have to thoroughly dry them immediately after washing and put them over a flame to evaporate any water trapped between the handle and body of the pan. Kinda wishing I'd bought Mauviel, but I like steel lining of the Falk. Falk pans with Mauviel handles would be great.

I've got mauviel with the brass handle and some old tin wiped pans with the iron

The iron is definitely better, brass is insta-burn. Looks nice but for actual usage iron is way better

Yeah you have to keep it dry but it's not like it's that hard

all clad

all day

err day

All-Clad
Cuisinart for the budget conscious
Tramontina for the really budget conscious

>he doesn't have Calphalon Signature pans with a lifetime warranty