28g milk powder
28g vanilla
2g kosher or sea salt

optional: vegetable glycerin

start by weighing out your sugars

Prepare our milk mixture

weigh out
>350g whole milk
>4g stabilizer, pictured is cremodan 30 but if you have xanthan gum its 1/4tsp per quart of mix.
>28g milk powder, pictured is just micellar casein as thats the bulk protein of milk powder.

Blend it together to homogenize and hydrate our solids

Continue heating the caramel until it reaches this color or about, don't go too further than this though or you risk burning

you're about to get a lot of hate for that corn syrup from idiots that know nothing about health or cooking

hurr shitty auto post
>Add some water and heat to dissolve, stop stirring after it boils to prevent crystalization
True, for anybody curious the syrup helps prevent the sucrose from forming crystals while heating so you don't get a weird crunchy caramel.

Pour your heavy cream into the caramel, be careful as it will bubble up. Do not worry if your caramel looks ruined like the picture, just continue to heat and stir to re-dissolve

You'll eventually get to this stage and that means its time for the milk mixture and final heating

Whisk in the milk mixture and heat final mixture until 175-180F while scraping the bottom of pot with a silicone spatula.

Let mixture rest overnight, or at least 4 hours, then whisk to loosen and add your salt and vanilla. If you have vegetable glycerin add it now, the glycerin lowers freezing temp so you get a smoother product with smaller ice crystals.
Churn the mix per maker's instructions until volume increases quite a bit and the churner starts to struggle a bit.

Put mixture into a cold container and freeze or...

Mix in a variegate, I did a simple caramel sauce to get a nice ribbon effect.

>corn syrup
>(((water)))

You realize the water is boiled out right?

I'm more twisted in the panties about the unspecified amount of water

Faggot.

looks great friend

nice OC OP ty

adding corn syrup makes a superior caramel, stupid.

it doesn't matter in the end how much you use, just enough to dissolve the granulated sugar easily. More water just means it takes longer to reach

one bump then i'll let it die.

double cream
sweetened condensed milk
vanilla extract
whisk
freeze
done
makes seriously good ice cream

Some people swear by throwing the sugar in a pan bit by bit and letting it decompose on it's own. I prefer the more foolproof water method too.

I use the oven thermometer for temperature though.

if i'm making a large batch of caramel that needs to be a certain consistency i'll use a candy thermometer i've got but for the ice cream or basic caramel sauce i'll just eyeball it.

OP this looks great! I think Ill use this recipie and pipe in some smoke while spinning.

Couple questions: We have a container of "Glycerine" at work. Its an extremely thick and clear syrup. Is this vegetable glycerine?

Also do you have a primer on constructing icecream flavors? Pastry chef at work left 2 weeks ago, Im working on creating a new dessert menu, and my icecreams are....not great. This is also my first pastry job so I need all the help i can get. cheers

>OC
>without a maximum amount of shitposting
You get this shit outta here. Next thing you know, people may actually talk about food with some civility!

> Couple questions: We have a container of "Glycerine" at work. Its an extremely thick and clear syrup. Is this vegetable glycerine?

Not OP, but as long as it's food grade it only really matters if you want to serve it to vegetarians and muslims and you want to be honest.