The Poorfag Cooking Show

Hi there Veeky Forums
I'm Chef Poorfag and I am here today how to have a grandiose meal, worthy of a King on a poverty budget.

Today I have a very generous budget of 3€
So we're gonna cook us a meal that not only tastes amazing , but can fill your stomach a 2nd time without going shopping twice.

I call this one , Hashbrown Stew

Stay tuned for the primary ingredients!

And here they are

Milk (0,49€) , a pack of instant curry sauce (0,99€) , and some frozen Hashbrowns (1,10€).

But before we can cook, we're gonna need something to cook them in.

I chose this microwave bowl as both our primary cooking tool , as well as our plate for this upcoming meal!

Milk?

Now , for our first step, we need to open up those hashbrowns and put as many as you need in the microwave bowl
the ideal amount for this one is 6 for maximum stewness , but any number will do.

Now put them in your microwave on maximum setting , for about 3-5 minutes depending on how strong yours is.

>3€
>for one meal
>poor
lol

>packaged rösti
>poor
lol

You're not poor. Just stupid.

It's a meal you can cook 3 times though, that's the whole point.

Please continue.

Now, while our Hashbrowns are cooking, we need to heat up some water.
You can do that in any way you want, I went with the kettle in the background.

Then we also need something to make the sauce in.
I went with this glass pitcher.

Now you open up that curry sauce package and take out 1 of them.

Open it and put it the pitcher.
Once the water is done, pour it in there.

Now the package recommends about 250ml or about 9oz, but we're gonna put in a little less than that, about 200ml or 7oz.

At this point, you can already pour in about 20/30ml or 1oz of milk to make up for the lack of liquid, but I personally wait until the end.

About now our Hashbrowns should be done as well.

Mhhh these are some sexy hasbrowns I'm telling you.

Here you can also see the already the stirred sauce
and the Milk we're gonna need.

Now pour the Sauce and about 1oz of Milk all over these sexy Hashbrowns.

Once you've done that, take a spoon and begin mashing the ever living shit out of it.
Make the destroyed hashbrowns soak up as much of the fluid as possible.

When you've mashed that shit real good, it should look something like pic related.

Since we've only used up 1 sauce and about 6 out of a total of 15 hashbrowns , you can cook this a second or, if you're stingy enough with the sauce, even a third time!

Now we are technically done here, but it should be said, you can add anything to this, I've tried a bunch of times, there's nothing that doesn't go well with this.

So if you're feeling generous and somehow got more than these already luxurious 3 bucks the rest of us spent on this meal , you can probably add something healthy too.

For instance, I found some remnants of cream cheese in my fridge.
Obviously, you can never have enough dairy in your food, so I took the whole thing and put it in there.
Can't let that shit go to waste when there's no bread around, now can I?

Enjoy your meal Veeky Forums and until next time to cooking with Chef Poorfag.

Huh?

Milk is explained here

hah, i lived of these röstis & eggs for a while.

stuff is cheap and comes in a huge ass bag.

Fucking gross

Chef Shitfag more like. Hope you choke on that garbage

Go back to eating caviar burgeoifag, this is a working class thread.

Not him (I'm ), but that is really, really awful. Just terrible. It's one of the more horrific things I've ever been witness to. Simply ghastly.

I understand it's 1€ for the meal and all that, but couldn't you have made... I dunno... a better meal?

How much does pasta cost? In CH, you can get a pack of Barilla for 2,19CHF. That's about 2,05€. Three packs (because 75g doesn't divide evenly into 1kg) make 40 servings, so each serving will cost 0,16€.
Now, to go with your curry theme, say you want curry noodles.
Making a curry sauce from stock cube, curry powder, flour, veg and a little pork mince would cost only about 0,75CHF per serving, so about 0,69€. That's 0,15€ less than the horrors you have unleashed upon the world (0,93CHF per serving).

And this is going by Switzerland's horribly inflated prices compared to those abroad, so I'm fairly sure it would cost even less for you.

For the US, to cook up a meal of minced pork curry noodles would only cost them about 55¢.

If it was shit, I wouldn't recommend it to you guys. I mean, where the hell is the problem?

Just go ahead and try it m8

90% of my cuisine is Microwave and instant shit based, because anything else is too expensive over here and most of the time some asshole is hogging the stove.

Not him, but I think the point was to make something besides pasta.
I think we all know how much variety there is in pasta and how cheap it is, but everyone who lived with little to know money knows how sick of it you get after a while.
Also what kind of pasta are you buying that is so fucking expensive? I buy 500g for about 0,60€

Pizza would have also been a pretty good alternative, since most people, especially on here have flour and olive oil at home and even if not, it's pretty cheap, so you would just need yeast (0,50€), canned tomatos (0,60€) and cheese which is a bit expensive depending what you buy, but you can make enough Pizza for a week from that dough and the sauce is enough for at least 2 days.

I'll be honest here, I never considered making Pizza before, just not a huge fan of baking in general.
Though I could try that, after all this show is all about huge meals on minimal budget, so baking a plain pizza might fit the deal, though I'm telling you right away, canned tomatoes are bad, I can get myself about 2-3 fresh tomatoes for the same price and get a way better taste out of it.

Oh and also Onigiri, shortgrain rice is like 2,50 for a Kilo, and you can fill it how you like.
veggies are cheap, tuna and mayo is nice if you want to treat yourself and since it's rice it fills you up pretty good. That's also easily enough rice for a week.

If you wanna talk cheap food ask me, I lived that shit!

you still need flour for pizza

Sounds great, I never even considered fresh tomatos for the sauce to be honest, call me autistic, but how would I make tomatos into, well, puree? And what tomatos should I use?

>most people, especially on here have flour and olive oil at home and even if not, it's pretty cheap
:^}

just mash your peeled tomatoes(you need to boil them in order to peel them) and add some generic italian spices if you got any. but any tomatoes will really do, even though some are generally considered sauce potatoes.

I don't even know what they're called, but they have a bit of an egg shape, they're the cheapest in my local supermarket.

yeah, but they still add to the price, also, olive oil is expansive as shit

roma tomatoes?

yeah those, couldn't find the name in the dictionary though.

>sauce potatoes.
Kek

Thanks tho, makes sense, the boiling part is what I never consodered so my brain never really got how tomatos turn into canned tomatos

Considering a bottle easily lasts half a year if you aren't wasteful it's actually quite cheap and you don't even need it for the dough, it's just a little bit of luxury.
Flour is not even 1€ per Kilo

jesus christ that looks awful

Actually good poorfag meal:
>Bunch of veggies
>whole chicken legs
>rice
roast the legs in the oven until done, separate the meat from the bones, freeze the bones to make stock later
chop up the veggies, get pan hot as fuck, throw some oil in and throw the veggies in, stir like a motherfucker
after few minutes of cooking throw the chicken in as well and whatever seasoning you have in hand
serve with rice
this is usually around 2 euros per meal, depends what vegetables you use, and I live in expensive as shit country
generally being able to cook vegetables is smart cause you get whatever is in season for cheap as fuck and shit like onions, carrots potatoes are cheap all year around