Hey Veeky Forums

hey Veeky Forums

What do you guys like to add to fried rice?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2130471/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mushrooms, chopped kale stem, green onions, brown onions, and broccoli.

Hot dogs and ketchup

seafood- small scallops, shrimp, crab meat
meat- beef, chicken, pork
vegetables- diced bell pepper, green onions, bean sprouts, thinly sliced bamboo shoots, mushrooms

eggs are always good too. I don't care much for peas though.

CHICKAN
CARROT
CHILI
SOY
SPRING ONYON

Check em and oniom

cabbage, onion, garlic, tofu, soy sauce, curry powder

No, check these.

Bok choy, scallion, a bit of seasoned vinegar, soy sauce, egg and fried pork belly.

frozen peas and scallion

Fried rice is a nu-male food.

I like to fry rice in the drippings I get from roasted chicken.

Do you call things numale to hide your insecurity as a male?

Because odds are you're a usual 4channer who's ugly, outcast and downright weird, or if you browse homosexual

fish sauce eggs sweet peas diced carrots onions sour cream

Please have sex.

Please have sex with me.

Do you think the majority or even half of males are virgins or something? Stop projecting cuckle

nein kameradin

I want your salami

Inside me

I was thinking about picking up salami from the deli recently, any suggestions on what type or brand?

Homemade.

oh god yeah i want to milk a badger BUT NOT BEFORE IT GETS ENOUGH VITAMIN C DO THEY TAKE CITRUS I DONT KNOW

Eggs, green onion, mushrooms, bean sprouts, cabbage, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sometimes sriracha.

Kecap manis, seasame oil, oyster sauce

My recipe:

3-4 dl white jasmine rice
150 g meat (bacon, pork, beef, chicken, shrimp)
150 g vegetables (cubed carrots, peas)
3 eggs
Soy sauce to taste
Fish sauce to taste (optional)
Sesame oil (crucial!)
3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp white pepper

Boil the rice. I use 1.5 times as much water as rice with great success. After boiling for 17-18 minutes your rice is ready. Spread it out on a baking sheet or something similar to let it cool down.

Fry the meat, add garlic. When meat is done, add vegetables. Now is a great time to add soy sauce and some fish sauce. Move all contents of the pan over to one side, leaving room for your eggs to scramble. When scrambled, mix everything well together. Now add the rice over high heat, mabye some more oil. Fry it untill it starts to change colour just a little bit.

You may need to add more soy and fish sauce now. Add pepper. Add sesame oil, but not too much. Mix well together.

Shallots
Garlic
Fried egg
Mushroom soy sauce
Oyster sauce! Very important.

eggs
cut fried tofu
cut mushrooms
cut potatoes
cut broccoli
grated cheese
soy sauce
sriracha/ranch mix (80/20 mix)

Chunk pineapple with the juice drained. Toasted unsweetened coconut shreds on top.

Close, but no fazoli's

what the fuck dude, plain rice is nu-male.... fried rice is like regular rice but even more calories for real men

sounds like shit.
I detect a faggot vegan or veggie.

Stop recommending recipes if you don't even know to use day old rice.

human meat chunks

>cook meat until it's done
>now cook it for atleast 5 minutes more :^)
>Don't use a wok because fuck slants :^)
>No sugar because i don't actually know how to cook :^)
>shovel it into your face with chopsticks like animu :^)

>fresh rice
>cook meat until it's done
>now cook it for atleast 5 minutes more :^)
>Don't use a wok because fuck slants :^)
>No sugar because i don't actually know how to cook :^)
>shovel it into your face with chopsticks like animu :^)

>cut fried tofu
this nigga knows what's up
>potatoes
>cheese
>ranch

Neither.

Because I mostly buy poultry, I like to make a separate meat stir fry (with bigger cuts of vegetables).

Stock from chicken and turkey often turn the rice soggy if I throw it in with it. With or without corn starch.

Your frying process is way too long. it should be high heat all the time, five minutes tops.

>Add pepper.
>Add sesame oil.

Sesame oil is not a garnish. It should be added right before the rice (to coat it).

Diced carrot, mushroom, bean sprouts, chilis, fish sauce ...

I like to add hot dogs to mine
ketchup if I am drunk

You would have a faggot detector

Cubed spam.

Eggs, butter, chicken

oyster sauce, minced garlic, curry powder, and sambal oelek

Omit the rice, use shredded and cooked cauliflower instead.

All the texture, with practically no cauliflower taste. Plus lots of extra nutrition.

My fried rice is so lame:

>chicken
>frozen peas and corn
>onion
>onion and garlic power

Fry in canola oil then add soy sauce at the end. Meh.

How do you fry rice? Do you just make it and then add some oil and whisk it in a pan?

>CORN IN FRIED RICE
Pls no.

Is it wrong that I typically don't bother with any other ingredients in my fried rice other than meat, green onions, and egg?

I have added extra ingredients before, but I typically don't see them as necessary for good fried rice.

This is a much cheaper and simple way for me.

you're not supposed to use fresh rice but yes that's essentially how you do it.

It's a stir fry dish really.

How do you unfresh the rice?

Just put it in your fridge and cook it the next day

At the very least by leave it sitting at room temperature for at least three hours, ventilated.

But mostly by refrigerating it.

The toasted sesame oil that is used in east Asian cooking is a seasoning though. It has a very strong flavor and a low smoke point. It should be used sparsely at the end of cooking because it does not stand up to wok hei.

You are thinking of poo in loo sesame oil which no one cares about.

>leave rice sitting at room temperature for at least three hours

wwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thanks for your advice on getting food poisoning jack

...you can leave rice out overnight without having any real detriment to its quality. Do you not leave a loaf of bread out on the counter because of your germophobia?

You might want to look this shit up retard

The fact that I do it on a regular basis and have a healthy immune system?

I mean, not all of us are pregnant geriatrics. The entire eastern hemisphere says you're retarded.

Nasi goreng

My step-mom would put bacon in hers, while I found this addition a bit adventerous it did taste all right

How do you make fried rice crisp? Is that where the day old rice comes in?

all the Chinese restaurants leave rice sitting out overnight to dry it out, if that's true then i'm sure everyone would be diseased

I either do it with leftovers or egg + a vegetable, usually cabbage. I also use light soy sauce and a little vinegar.

If you leave rice in the fridge overnight, it partially dries out. When it's like that, frying it in oil makes it pop about and fry rather than getting a bit mushy like freshly cooked rice can.

The dangers of old rice are pretty overstated I think. As long as you properly reheat it by frying it in a very hot pan or in boiling water as a porridge, it's safe.

Do I need to do anything special if I want to use brown rice?

flavor with tomato broth, carrots and other veggies. corn and potato too. chicken and beef if possible

I don't know, sorry.

>adding broth
Are you making fried rice or risotto?

Chinese restaurants used to do this, so much so that food poisoning from it is called fried rice syndrome. In the 70s the health department went on a crusade to stop them doing it and now most are well informed and don't. You would fail a health certificate if caught doing it.

You know science is a thing right? You're anecdotal evidence doesn't mean anything. Seriously, look this shit up. It is universally accepted SCIENCE and i challenge you to find a source saying that bacillus cereus in rice isn't an issue and leaving rice out overnight is a good idea.

No.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2130471/

Here's some scientific research for you simpleton

reheating it doesn't always kill the bacteria though

If you don't properly reheat it, it's dangerous. If you do properly reheat it, it's safe. Visit an Asian country and see how little rice is wasted. The amount of rice wasted in western countries because of this hysteria is atrocious. No shit you'll get ill if you don't properly cook something.

>love fried rice from restaurants
>try to make fried rice at home with all the necessary ingredients
>comes out basically as vaguely tan-colored rice with virtually no flavor

What's the secret?

I agree that it's probably not completely safe to do, but I eat rice (and chicken/beef) that has sat out on the counter, in the bag it was delivered in, a few hours after it has been delivered.

Is it true that you can get a higher tolerance for bacteria if you do stuff like this? Oftentimes I leave a frozen pizza out on the counter overnight, and have it for breakfast

>corn
Please don't ever cook rice again

sugar

Probably a lot of nut oil
I think they use a lot of white pepper
Star anise
Some type of curry powder

High heat, low cook time.

It's stir frying, but with rice thrown in.

>oh no germs because its sitting out
>ignoring the fact that it will soon be frying in extreme heat that will sanitize it
Why are you so worried about germies?

you plebs dont even put kamaboko in your fired rice?
get on my level

Well this thread isn't about fired rice.

>no shit you get ill if you don't properly cook something.
I want you to understand that the bacteria grows after the rice is cooked.
You can't leave it out and let the bacteria grow, you should be putting it in a fridge.

Good soy sauce is the secret.
You should really be using day old rice that was kept in a fridge and put on the pan cold.

But as for your point, not many people can generate the heat of a wok. In fact I cook my meat and vegetables high, cook my rice medium, and my eggs on low heat, all in that order.

M S G

S

G

I don't understand this logic at all. If you left meat out overnight and it grew dangerous bacteria, could you fry it with some soy sauce and be all good?

t. left rice out a few times and got the shits

ive eaten 4 day old spam musubis and been fine.
maybe it's because youre a haole that you get sick

No one misunderstands that. I was talking about the second cooking. And honestly, even leaving it out of the fridge for a good part of the day isn't going to turn a bowl or two of rice into a festering pile of bacteria. The dangers are way overblown.

Meat rots quickly when left out at room temperature. Rice doesn't; instead, it can, under certain conditions, grow a dangerous bacteria. The problem is that those conditions are almost never met yet people throw away shitloads of rice in fear of it.

Meat isn't rice though
Also, grow a fucking immune system jesus christ. If rice left out for a few hours gives you the shits you must have an immune system made out of a coffee filter.

Well spam contains a lot of salt and other preservatives so it's not going to go off quickly.

The danger is a reasonable chance of getting the shits which isn't the end of the world, but it isn't great either. Some people probably just see that as an unavoidable normal part of life.

Why would you not refrigerate leftovers? I don't see the downside.

Obviously refrigeration is better. I was trying to make the point that some people worry way too much about cooked rice spoiling and this leads to excessive waste.

Why would you have to throw out rice? Why not just refrigerate it or keep it hot with the keep warm function on a rice cooker?

This is like you're proud of having poor sanitary conditions. I get it that they shit in the street in india and wipe their ass with their hand and you're just like that. Good for you, you ignore science, refrigeration and behave like someone from the dark ages. Congratulations.

Peas, bacon, spring onions, sometimes prawns/shrimp.

But obviously lots of people do waste rice, and a lot of it, and that is in part due to people taking extreme examples of things that can happen in certain conditions when storing rice in the wrong way for the wrong length time, and blowing them way out of proportion.

It's also not about being proud of being dirty or whatever you're saying, but this culture of trying to avoid all bacteria and keep everything absolutely 100% sanitary is actually harmful, both in terms of the waste caused and possibly to people's health.

Spam, pineapple, egg, and a little MSG. Something my mom used makes. Delicious.

you need to add Lap Cheong (Chinese sausage) to your fried rice.

Do you know what conditions you're talking about or is this coming out of your asshole?

You're right about our negative culture of cleanliness. Antibacterial soap shouldn't be used outside of hospitals. Kids should be allowed to get dirty.

However the orignal post was;
>At the very least by leave it sitting at room temperature for at least three hours
If you want to do that, fine, it's not a huge risk and the consequences aren't dire. It's terrible advice to give though.

In that same post the guy also mentions refrigeration as the normal way to store the rice, and since then it has repeatedly been recommended as the ideal way to store rice.

And what I can tell you is that it is absolutely, perfectly safe to leave rice unrefrigerated for a few hours. It will not become poisonous and give you the shits. It just won't. You can fry it up or boil it again and it will be perfectly fine. Go to any country where rice is regularly consumed and see for yourself how few shits are given about this hyper-sensitive western hygiene advice.

And speaking of bad advice, my point is that alarming people with over-the-top warnings and thus causing them to systematically waste rice (they do) that could've been the basis of meal after meal has gotta be far worse.

Ok well i linked a scientific study but i guess that is just western nonsense. Next time i want to know something i guess ill write some options on the ground, cut a chickens head off and see where the corpse comes to rest.

You can keep the rice in a container or pot to cool slowly.

No one said anything about exposing it to the elements.