Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums

I'm a hungry poorfag

any suggestions on how to improve instant beef ramen on a budget?

I already know to add frozen veggies, and maybe some soy sauce, but any other ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hLoA3QrRHhs
youtube.com/watch?v=ql7Ex4MXQsM
youtube.com/watch?v=WbkISAMwTzM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get a job you fucking loser

I have one, but rent & dog food > expensive stuff

I'ts usually not this bad, but I recently have some expenses that prevent food other then the cheapest of the cheap

Green pepper and onion. Some sort of cheap meat like chicken. You can just pan fry it.

If that dog isn't providing security or useful in some form of therapy I suggest you get rid of it to adjust your budget.

God forbid Veeky Forums would have a freaking sticky like any normal board for such FAQ
*sigh*
You can only make those things so good while staying cheap, that's one thing you people don't understand

But anyway, you've already figured out that you can put your own vegetables in it...
You can put extra noodles if that's what you actually like, you can put extra little peppers or other sauces according to taste (nd budget)
You can also boil an egg or two, peel them, and cut them in a few slices, use them as toppings kind of

>And if you can afford to put meat in them, you're retarded and you should learn to make an actual soup

frozen veggies or cheap bulk veggies like onions/carrots

eggs
a little bit of cream maybe

really cheap cuts of meat

>>And if you can afford to put meat in them, you're retarded and you should learn to make an actual soup
How do you know OP isn't some crazy son of a bitch who eats that salty slop for the taste? He could have bought rice instead.

This is probably such a newfag comment but w-what are these?

I did actually!

Which, I also am kind of clueless on how to cook.

Like, other then just eating it plain.

Veeky Forums Gold Account.

If you can use Veeky Forums you can use Google & YouTube.

>he doesn't know about stars

Yeah, but you guys > them.

Seriously, when ever I have money, I basically scour this board until I find a good recipe

youre welcome

I will finish v3 eventually

Yeah, it's seriously the first time i've seen it in the 6 or so years i've been here. Le epik lolz at me all you want haha. Looks cool is all

I used to do the same until I realized I really just like the noodles, so I learned how to make better noodles myself
Same goes for the soup part

The thing with instant ramen is that the second you want to improve on it, they become horribly inefficient. The whole point of them is that they should require 0 effort

>milk
>ramen

seriously though, thanks!!!

>Green pepper and onion.

Yeah. Add some cashews too, some water chestnuts and bamboo shoots. Fry the veggies up in some oil with garlic, ginger, anise, cayenne, black pepper and such.

Damn son!

mix a little heavy cream with some masa harina to make a paste and add it in towards the end to make it really thick and creamy

or

to mimic real broth: in the bowl you're going to eat out of, before you add the soup, pour in a tiny bit of vinegar, soy sauce, or a mix of both -- just enough to cover the bottom. sprinkle unflavored powdered gelatin over the surface. let it sit (this is called letting the gelatin bloom). when your soup is finished, pour it in slowly, mixing your gelatin/liquid in as you go.

other favorite add-ins:
pickled jalapenos
any leftovers (tex-mex and chinese takeout are great for this)
an egg (specifically, add it whole right at the end, turn the heat off, and let it sit for a few minutes so the white cooks and the yolk stays runny)
canned pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix, just regular ass pumpkin -- gives a really interesting depth of flavor, sometimes you can find this shit on sale for really cheap)

oh yeah also molasses, just not a lot holy shit it's powerful stuff. makes it super rich.

also you can do things according to what leftovers you have. think about flavor profiles or whatever.

>leftover leg of turkey, like the kind you get at fairs
>shred meat off of it
>tiny bit of brown sugar and molasses in ramen
>not too sweet, just enough to complement the turkey
it was killer

First of all, I seriously hope you're not doing beef flavor most of the time, because it is the bottom tier flavor

Eggs are cheap as fuck if you know where to shop.

Do chicken flavor, omelette mode, maybe throw a little of your favorite hot sauce on top.

>Oriental
Gets me every time

Maggi ramen noodles are banned in india.

Would you eat something that even a poo in loo wouldnt touch?

Stop thinking instant ramen is cheap.
Look at serving size and nutritional value, then realize rice or basic pasta is superior in every way.

Spend 40c more for Nongsheim
If you live in gookville, buy cheap kimchi to add.
If not gookville, onions, bamboo shoots, eggs, Seaweed, Cheap meat cuts (Buy bulk for another dinner, use leftovers for it) etc

Don't go preparing this stuff though, it's best if its just "leftover soup with eggs"

I'd you're legit poor and need good cheap food, make a batch of sauerkraut. All you need is a jar, a head of cabbage, and salt. Make sure your salt doesn't have iodine or anti caking agents. It's hella easy, super healthy and incredibly tasty. Make like a gallon of the stuff for less than a dollar.

That's actually a pretty good idea. If you're really commited to saving money you could make a batch of Kimchi (Spend a bit more money, but more flavorful then Sauerkraut), or you can make Sauerkraut as a filler for something like a Rouladen.

>mfw he does this, and then dies of Clostridium botulinum

That's how you know it's good, just on the edge where you start to lose sense in your arms and legs but still survive.

Drop a raw egg into the boiling water and stir it
Cut up green onion and toss it in
Chop up shitake mushroom and toss it in
Throw in a little extra garlic and/or onion powder
Throw in some bok choy, spinach, etc.
A pinch of chili powder or cayenne for heat
A pinch of turmeric/curry powder can be good too
Whatever meat is lying around, toss it in

Honestly if ramen didn't take 2 weeks to digest and contain 900 times your daily recommended sodium intake I'd eat it more often

Saute baby bok choi. Bewm. Real food.

I've got just the solution basically add the packet in before it boils and cook it normally pour out the broth and use some spaghetti sauce on it like Prego it should taste good if not hey you tried basically turn ramen into spaghetti

try canned chunky soup. turns it into a meal. i used to eat a lot of these when i was broke ass and garlic salt is the only thing that perks up the flavour.

Buy a block of tofu or tempeh, small cute, use soy sauce or whatever you like to spice it up, you can last a long time with a block and its cheap

i dump an egg in there

how do ramen shops flavor their eggs? does anyone know what im talking about? they dont sell them like that at japanese grocery stores

Fuck off you traitorous glutton. Not everybody puts their stomach before their heart, shame on you for suggesting that.

im a fucking nigger and i don't even put eggs in my ramon

>any leftovers (tex-mex and chinese takeout are great for this)

I cannot stress enough how delicious leftover Chinese takeout is for ramen. Short of breaded shit like sweet 'n sour chicken you can mix just about any leftover Chinese dish with your ramen and improve it drastically.

youtube.com/watch?v=hLoA3QrRHhs
youtube.com/watch?v=ql7Ex4MXQsM
youtube.com/watch?v=WbkISAMwTzM
these guys make real good budget series with good food, theyre hippies but make great food for budgeting

peanut butter is pretty okay. mushrooms.

You add them into the name field if you want to be a sick cunt like OP.

It's just special snowflake syndrome bullshit, it's just as disgusting as using a trip.

dog meat

It's Veeky Forums gold

eggs add protien, liquid smoke adds rich flavor, chicken hearts are cheap as fuck and taste good, that's all I got

I just dump a tablespoon of peanut butter in.

Quit fucking with regular beef ramen and get on that goddamn picante beef and pork train. Pork ramen with sriracha is pretty good. Beef and chicken sucks

And this is why the poor stay poor. Would you chose to raise a child while you can barely feed yourself? Pets are way more expensive then people think. Get your money problems sorted out before subjugating another to your poor financial decisions.