Is the Sam Adams beer glass bullshit?

Is the Sam Adams beer glass bullshit?

>craft

fucking disgusting

Yeah, but it's still nice looking.

"...elevates the craft of the beer drinking experience." is kinda cringey. But custom glassware for specific drinks is nothing new, especially when those drinks also happen to be drugs.

>not just drinking to get drunk

I drink beer out of a Coca Cola glass. It's perfect.

just get a cheap tulip glass and you're good to go

For people that shit on "hipster" glass, try the same beer in differents kind of glass.

The taste will change because taste is related to your smell and each glass deliver the aroma differently.

Even the same kind of glass but with one thinner will change the taste.

>Do it faggots.

Seems an interesting design.

I can verify this. My best friend's brother is a beer glass designer at Libbey. Sitting in his basement bar, he demonstrated to me that the glass can alter the flavor of the beer due to the rate of oxidation. The shape of the glass can also drastically affect the head on a beer poured from a bottle.

I thought it was bullshit before doing a tasting as well. I've been having him get me samples of all of his new glasses since.

Each type of beer gets its own type of glass. Weißbier is served in large half-liter glasses with a narrow bottom, wide top and slightly smaller opening. Pils is to be drunk from a bottle or a round third-liter glass. Kölsch is served in straight fifth-liter glasses.

yes

I know different glass shapes for wines and sparkling wines isn't bullshit, so there's probably some validity to it. A similar, but not identical beer glass probably won't make it taste different though. I have a pretty good palate. I can taste the difference between two drastically different glasses, but not between really similar ones.

I've always enjoyed this ceramic mug Hoff Brau put out.

>that round shape that collects the last sip of beer
fuck you

also, do you still buy glassed beer and pour it into another glass, or just buy cans and pour it in a glass. Can you tell the difference?

You can do both. Personally i think all beers taste and smell better in a glass, but that's just me.

Obviously. I have no idea about the beer itself, Ive even been to their distillery but I wasn't old enough to drink beer in the US so I can't comment on their products but the "perfect glass" gimmick is just bullshit you don't need a perfect glass proportions to enjoy beer.

Well there's a paper out there somewhere where they measured the density of the vapors and how and where they were trapped in wine glasses with different types of wine and glass types, and they determined that sommeliers actually do know what they're talking about, but for beer who the fuck knows. I'd say maybe

I call bullshit And autism on this one.

>not just drinking straight out of the bottle
Fucking bourgeoisie man

>thinner walls keep beer cooler
WEW LAD

>laser etching creates bubbles

What is this even? I'm assuming the claim is that an uneven surface makes more bubbles? I guess that is true because of surface area, but seems negligible?

Going to post this to Veeky Forums. see what the EXPERTS think.

>not just eating to get full

This is the only way to make bubbles. If the container was perfectly smooth zero bubbles would be produced. Mass manufacturing can't do this right now.

Any way the etched bottom has been picked up by most manufacturers.

Forgot to say even if the container was perfect minute pieces of dust would facilitate bubble formation

plebs

Tfw have 50 or so if these from working at dennys

Why? Teach me elementary chemistry sensei

mug master race

methinks someone does not watch enough MythBusters...