en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_scripts)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I bet you ate it anyways

dumb toad post

>Go to Burger King
>Order a Whopper meal plain without cheese
>Get the meal
>Have fucking double of everything

This happened several years ago, and I've since learned to appreciate burgers with stuff on them, but I was so fucking mad at the time. Now I can laugh at how ridiculous the whole situation was.

>hanging out with uncle
>he decides to go to mcdonalds for breakfast
>order food
>get home
>check the order
>they completely forgot the pie
>hash browns are rock-hard and look like they were left in the fryer a half hour too long
>uncle gets fucking livid and we drive back up
>sit at one of the nearby tables while my uncle asks half the employees if they'd eat those fucking hashbrowns, all of them saying no
>manager comes
>uncle asks him the same thing while slamming every food item on the counter one at a time
>manager offers him a refund
>uncle tells him to go fuck himself and he storms out, slamming the door open on the way

>be kid
>eat at restaurant with family
>parents order a side of fries for each kid's meal
>we were four kids
>they bring four servings of fries on three plates
>???
Fucking idiots.

>order from local Chinese place
>HERRO WAT I GET FOHH YUUUU
>Ordered the chicken fried rice and veggie eggrolls
>put heavy emphasis on no seafood because I am allergic
>repeated "No seafood please" almost 6 times
>bite into my eggroll
>in the ER for the remainder of the night

Fucking shrimp eggrolls.

Should've sued senpai

>local döner place
>whenever we eat there, it is a pain in the ass to communicate our orders
>vegan friend orders large fries with no mayo
>"Mayo on the fries?"
>"No, no mayo please"
>"Okay so one döner plate, one fries with mayo and one large fries with mayo?"
>"No, mayo on the small fries and no mayo on the large fries"
>"Okay, got it"
>they put mayo on all the fries
Great friendly people, but they can be so moronic at times
He should have accepted the refund and then told him to fuck off.
I hope you sued their asses. They put your health in danger.

>THIS IS WHAT I ORDERED
Then I fail to see the problem, OP. Maybe you're retarded?

I fucking hate when restaurants do that. If we ordered two servings of fries, put them on two plates unless we clearly indicate theyre for sharing. Now it's unclear how much goes to each person

>>uncle tells him to go fuck himself and he storms out, slamming the door open on the way

Wat.

Does your uncle suffer from diabetes?

nope, I was getting biscuits for the tendies at CFA next door and i hate sprite

Was this at the Savi Ranch location in like Yorba Linda/Anaheim Hills

isn't*

nope.

isn't what?

>be american
>fast food

>be fast
>american food

Wait, is this actually a common thing for restaurant stuff to do? It's atrocious. I thought it was only that terrible restaurant that did it. The single other time we went there, my schnitzel came half an hour after everyone else at the huge table had gotten their food.

You don't like cfa biscuits? I hear they're pretty good.

>Want a big Mac but the gig size
Great what soda do you want?
>No, I want the big mac, the big size big mac
Yes but what soda do you want?
>I want the big size Burger
What soda...
>I DONT WANT ANY SODA
Ok sir you number is blah blah blah
Here is the thing McDonalds if I ask for a big Mac burger I want a big Mac burger, I don't want fires, I don't want salad and i don't want fucking soda.
It pisses me off because I can tell they get told by management that unless they get written direction by the costumer of only selling them a burger they have to assume he wants fries and soda and I fell for it once and just paid for the whole thing because I was tired but now they pulled that shit on me so many times I make a real big deal about it and then I complain online

That's just because the vast, vast majority of people are ordering a Big Mac meal. The staff have probably heard "I'll have a Big Mac" and the retard at the other end meant "I'll have a Big Mac Meal" that they err. on the side of caution and assume you mean a meal.

afternoon breakfast. I sleep in hard on saturday

No, it is because the restaurant gets more money if they sell menus.

This is why you clearly state that you ONLY want the sandwich. Do you really think the person making 7.25 taking your order gives a fuck whether they are making the company money?

>With a group of 11 people in a restaurant abroad
>The drinks we ordered arrive, except for two
>After a while they ask if they can have their drinks
>"Sorry, we did not have that beer"
>"Can we order another then?" - they order Corona
>Waiter comes back with two bottles of Heineken, already opened
>"Excuse me, we ordered Corona, not Heineken"
>"We were out of Corona"
>"We don't want Heineken. If you had told us you didn't have Corona, we would've ordered Natakhtari"
>"We can't take it back, it's already opened"
This goes back and forth a couple of times, until the waiter finally takes away the Heinekens and brings Natakhtari. The Heinekens did end up on the bill.

To be continued

isn't a problem

It's because the default order is a menu, since it's by far the most common order, and people who only want a burger ask for only a burger instead of being fucking autistic.

>Want a big Mac but the gig size
Great [...]
>No, I want the big mac, the big size big mac
Yes [...]
The burger part of the order was over here. You didn't have to start from beginning like a broken record, you had to go on after she asked about the drink :
>No drink please.
Or, to clarify about the menu, since she got that part wrong in her mind of hers :
>Only the burger please.

How fucking hard is that? And since when saying the same thing over and over again worked anywhere?

k

>go to mcdonald's years ago
>order 10mcnuggets
>girl says they only have 9 mcnuggets, is a select to replace the missing one okay?
>say yes

Best this isn't my order ever.

Same restaurant, same day:
>Waiter brings mussels
>Who ordered mussels?
>Silence
>We ask the waiter to point at the dish on the menu to identify who had ordered it
>She points to 'shrimps'
>The guy who ordered shrimps raises his finger but says: "these aren't shrimps, these are mussels, this is not what I ordered"
>Waiter asks him to point at the dish on the menu that he had ordered
>"Look, it says shrimp"
>"This is the dish you ordered, medium sized, like you asked"
>"No, I asked for shrimps, not mussels, the size isn't the isssue. It clearly says shrimps. Those are mussels"
>"This is the dish you ordered. I don't know about English, but in Georgian it says mussels"
He ended up accepting the mussels. They didn't taste bad, but he did vomit later that night.

Half an hour after the mussels, someone else's seafood pizza arrived. It had shrimps on it.

how the fuck does that happen? 9 nuggets?

No, it really isn't. Occam's razor; they can't *force* you to buy the meal so they can't just "accidentally" make more money.

A select?

The old chicken selects: McDonalds first attempt at chicken strips.

>Half an hour after the mussels, someone else's seafood pizza arrived.

As in Georgia, former member of the USSR? That "food comes one dish at a time when it's ready" thing drives me up the wall.

It was late at night.

>be me
>visit distant cousin in England
>go for lunch at an "pub"
>order biscuits and gravy
>get this
>wtf?!?!??!

How fucking hard is to understand that a burger doesn't involve fries or soda as ingredients?
If you order a hot dog in a hot dog stand do they give you a beer?
If I buy some donuts do I come out with cookies?
When you ask the butcher for beef do you walk out with chicken?
Unless I order a soda, unless I use the word meal or soda I don't want fucking soda.
Next time I will pay the price of the entire meal and when they bring me soda and fries I will make a huge deal about they charging me for soda I didn't order

The person making 7.25 is FORCED to care by the assistant manager making (maybe) 30k a year. If the AGM isn't getting their full bonus because you're dragging your feet they'll do everything to make your life fucking hell so you quit. (And you have to quit, they can't fire you because they have turnover rate quotas to meet.)

>How fucking hard is to understand that a burger doesn't involve fries or soda as ingredients?

But at no point did you say "burger". You just kept saying "Big Mac". The vast majority (of non-autists) mean "Big Mac meal" when they say that, like it or not.

>Unless I order a soda, unless I use the word meal or soda I don't want fucking soda.

But if you don't give the word "burger" you somehow magically mean a burger?

>As in Georgia, former member of the USSR?
Yes

>That "food comes one dish at a time when it's ready" thing drives me up the wall.
I didn't mind it that much. To me, it was only annoying when (in that same restaurant, that same night) they forgot half of my order and I only knew when everyone else had had their food.
More annoying to me is how you can order one beer in an empty restaurant and wait for 10 minutes to get it. That just reeks of incompetence and/or indifference.
Luckily, in most restaurants I visited in the region (except that one), most waiters were adorable and really tried to be helpful, and looked at me with big beautiful eyes as they tried to understand English.

No, this is why you are getting fucking replaced by machines.
Even if corporate tells you to assume soda and fries with each burger do not assume soda and fries with each burger because costumers are going to get really fucking pissed and when you get 50 complaints they wont have your back

I fucking said burger, I said I wamt a big Mac burger.
Next time I will ask to speak with the manager

>looked at me with big beautiful eyes as they tried to understand English.
You didn't even buy a goddamn phrasebook?

>That just reeks of incompetence and/or indifference.

From my own experience in Moldova it's indifference, mostly from the older staff. I guess shit grinds you down.

>I fucking said burger, I said I wamt a big Mac burger.

>>Want a big Mac but the gig size
>Great what soda do you want?
>>No, I want the big mac, the big size big mac
>Yes but what soda do you want?
>>I want the big size Burger

Yeah, on your 3rd fucking try Capt. Autismo.

Your inability to communicate clearly is nobodies fault but your own.

>an pub

lol, the worst I got was forgotten sauce on the nuggets.

>You didn't even buy a goddamn phrasebook?

lol like you'd even come close to getting the pronunciation right. Georgian has its own alphabet (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_scripts) so a phrase book with "Mussels" in it isn't going to help much, either.

but that is so true, and hilarious.

They wouldn't even begin to understand me if I stumbled and mumbled in a vain attempt to speak their language. They always understood what I wanted because I always pointed at the menu when I ordered. It's more a look of concentration rather than a look of bewilderment. "Tried to understand" was a bit of an overstatement.

It doesn't Matter because even after I used the word burger she still didn't fucking understand.
Honestly just put a big plastic board with drawing illustrating things like no ice on soda or no cheese on burger so I can point to these pot head drop out morons exactly what I want as if I was trying to communicate with a chimpanzee

>It doesn't Matter because even after I used the word burger she still didn't fucking understand.

That's because you fucked up on the 1st try and she'd already assumed you wanted a meal; by the time you even said the word "burger" she was way past you and trying to just get you to tell her what fucking drink you wanted with your not-burger. When you said "burger" she had to mentally reset to your autism level.

and don't try to squeeze any ketchup out of these guys, except maybe chick-filla.

underrated

>last month
>order a Chicken Big Mac menu
>get 2 Happy meals, quarter pounder menu and Big mac menu
>drive home the fastest I've ever driven in fear the family supposed to get it was after me

She gets paid to take fucking orders every day, how fucking hard is to learn to take fucking burger orders and do nothing else?
Is this person supposed to go to college and become a nurse or an teacher? She can't fucking take a fast food order

Congratulations you stole from children, I hope you had fun masturbating to the Barbie that came with the happy meal

The pronunciation should be pretty easy. The only challenges include uvular sounds, cononant clusters and ejectives. It's a gesture of respect to another culture to at least attempt to speak their language. I found that Anglos often assume that everyone caters to their language skills. My own language community also displays this arrogance to everyone except maybe Anglo-, Franco- and Hispanophone people.

>She gets paid to take fucking orders every day, how fucking hard is to learn to take fucking burger orders and do nothing else?

BECAUSE, YOU FUCKING SPASMOLOID AUTISTIC FUCK, WHEN THE VAST MAJORITY, THE NONE-AUTISTIC MAJORITY, ORDER "A BIG MAC" THEY ARE IN FACT ASKING FOR A BIG MAC MEAL. THE McDONALDS WORKER, HAVING WORKED THERE, KNOWS THIS, AND ASSUMES YOU ARE NOT A FUCKING MANDARIN OF AUTISM WHO CAN'T BE FUCKING BOTHERED TO SAY THE WORD "BURGER" AND THUS NATURALLY ASSUMES YOU WISH TO ORDER A BIG MAC MEAL.

>She can't fucking take a fast food order

You can't even order a fucking burger m8, I wouldn't cast aspersions.

>Chicken Big Mac menu
POO IN LOO

>It's a gesture of respect to another culture to at least attempt to speak their language.

>Travel to Australia
>Have a 24 hour layover in China
>HOW DARE YOU NOT LEARN BASIC MANDARIN!

>Went to taco bell for lunch through the drive thru.
>Ordered one of the box meals for $5 that is supposed to come with a doritoes taco, a normal taco, and a burrito that had rice and other stuff in it (forget the name).
>Everyone in the restaurant looked high as fuck, everyone was texting and not giving a fuck.
>Took 20 minutes to get my order on something that should take 3 minutes at most.
>Get home and they gave me three normal tacos with a small container of rice and no box. Drink was also wrong.

I normally don't complain, but I was so furious that I called up corporate to complain. Not only did the local manager call to apologize, but I got a $10 gift card that I still need to use.

Idk why your so angry over this
But every time a get a big Mac I just say I'll have a Big Mac and every time I get just the sandwich and not the meal

I'm not Anglo, in case you're assuming that.
I probably would've tried a bit harder with the language if Georgia had been the only country I visited. I am however bad with languages, and I would get confused pretty fast if I had "I'd like..." "thank you" "please" and "my pleasure" dancing around my head in three different languages.

I used to have German classes right after French classes. It got very confusing to me.

>Idk why your so angry over this

Because the message isn't getting through your crippling autism and social anxiety.

>Well you ordered chicken but everyone else in the line ordered beef so you get beef
Only in McDonalds

>Respect
>Georgia

What did they ever do worth of respect?

Nice strawman
Yeah, sorry for assuming that.
Don't bring in here.

>Heinekens ended up on the bill after already arguing and making it clear you never asked for or wanted them

I hope you walked out without paying. The mussel/shrimp thing sounds unfortunate.

>Nice strawman

Not really. Where's the cut-off for how long you have to be in a country that it becomes rude not to have a rudimentary understanding of the language? One day isn't enough, so...a week? Two weeks? A month?

What shithole do you guys live in? If I say Big Mac, they ask "meal or just the sandwich?" Same for any item at any chain.

In the end the group did pay, but not for the Heinekens. We were out of there before they could find out.

I wouldn't say time is the main factor. But if you're planning to have some interaction with the locals, it's cool if you at least learn to say hello and thanks. When I traveled to Poland, I learned how to say "Do you speak German or English" and "Sorry, but my Polish is ass". And I tried to say "Thank you" a few times, but the pronunciation is insane.

Not the person you're replying to, but most people you'll meet won't know whether you'll stay for a day or a month. So for them time isn't a consideration. In the vast majority of cases, they'll be at the very least pleasantly surprised if a tourists speaks a couple of words in their language, if the language is obscure. But very few people in such countries will take offence if you speak clear english with a friendly smile.
The smile bit is important. I always make an effort to smile to waiters, and as a result I get a much warmer reception that friends who don't.

>but most people you'll meet won't know whether you'll stay for a day or a month

No, that isn't the point: it takes effort and investment of time to learn a language, so what's the cut-off point for investing that effort?

Probably America where all the workers are stupid niggers.

I'm actually a different user and the only one who looks autistic here is you

>go with family to taco bell
>brother and I are allergic to beef so we get chicken tacos
>order $12 taco box beef and another in chicken
>guy acts flustered and tells us to pull around
>get to the window and pay. dont realize it at the time that the the guy charged us $12.99 for the beef taco box, $12.99 for ANOTHER beef taco box (just the box apparently) then the $1.99 or whatever each for the twelve chicken tacos to put in it
>get home and see the ~$60 receipt for 24 tacos and two cardboard boxes
>didnt even give us 24 hot sauce packs

kek

>go to taco bell
>allergic to beef

kekasuarus

the chicken tacos and cheesy chicken burritos are good tier amigo

you sound like an asshole. the worker thought you wanted the meal and you KNEW that but you decided to "test" her by just repeating over and over "i want the burger". do everybody a favor and learn how to convey yourself. or try being polite to people that misunderstand you for once in your life fatass

>be allergic to shellfish
>go to Red Lobster

this_makes_perfect_sense.bmp

>restaurant that specializes in one meat ONLY serves that meat

its more about a preservative in the beef than the actual beef I think. exposure doesn't bother us but eating it gives us the rancid greenie meanies

>be allergic to a thing
>let's go to a place that specializes in that thing!

>implying taco bell serves only beef

you should off yourself quickly my friend

>order coke
>is pepsi okay?

>both taste almost the same
>go full autismo if they don't have the brand you like

>go to McDonalds one day
>they have the self-serve machines in now
>automation.jpg
>enter that i want a double hamburger with just ketchup and light seasoning
>get to the pick up counter
>get a hamburger with everything on it
>ask them how they can fuck up a computerized order
>tell me I'm being rude and I need to leave before they call the police
Fuck McDonalds Canada.

>Go to McDonald's
>Order #2, "Two plain cheeseburgers with nothing on them"
>Get bag, unwrap burger wrappers.
>Two burger buns, plain, with nothing on them.

Careful, you might get arrested for hate speech.

No, Georgian as in America, which is why it has its own language, y'all.

Man fuck Trudeau too.
I bet the mantra now is "If we fuck up your order we win."

>go to mcdonald
>orders a double quater pounder meal with a large fries and sprite
>mcdonald ends up giving me 2 big macs, 20 piece mcnuggets, 1 side salad, and my double quater pounder meal
sometime their fuck up can be beneficial

>Go to mcdonalds
>Order 2 big macs a double quarter pounder meal, like 20 nuggets, and a salad.
>Cost me like $25
>Get my food and drive away
>Open it at home
>All I got was the double QP meal, literally everything else was missing.
>Eat my meal that cost a week's worth of groceries, friends end up pissed at me.

I'm never going to McDonalds again.

>almost
That's the key word here pleb. The subtleties make the difference.