Portland eats

Salutations fellow co/ck/s had a question for any Oregonians that inhabit this board,

I'm heading to Portland for a week vacation and I'm in need of restaurant suggestions to try.

I'm not picky and eat everything under the sun. My weakness is hot food and I would be seeking places with the hottest foods to offer.

Suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

thefishwife.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pok Pok. Order the Fish Sauce Wings. Real fucking tasty and spicy.

Only ok to like Pok Pok if you're white
If you're Asian you have to go to Panda Express because otherwise it's tryhard

Can do friend, I've heard some talk of Spicy mountain or some such restaurant too.

>My weakness is hot food

Well lucky for you, my friend. 90% of the food trucks/stands here are either Mexican, Mediterranean, or Asian-fusion. And we have a LOT of foodtrucks

Want a burger? Go to Foster Burger
Then get the fuck out of Portland, its full.

user, if you're not on a budget i would recommend House of Ramen. It's sooo good

I'm on kinda a budget but I will be sure to check it out, if this thread is still alive by then I will bump with some good photos

Por que no taqueria

Porque donde estoy viviendo tenemos muchas pinches taquerias, y quiero comida differente. Soy mexicano y la comida igual es aburrido.

Are you thinking of fire on the mountain? Their wings are pretty good, a bit on the pricier side though.

I think that was the place yeah, I'll be sure to check it.

Abyssinian kitchen is also pretty good for spicy food. They'll adjust the level of spice to your taste.

Hm, I'll look into that. Now it's one thing to turn up the heat but in your experience can they do heat while balancing flavor so it's palatable?

Nong's Khao Man Gai.

Literally the most amazing chicken/rice combination. Every time I visit Portland I eat there several times. Sometimes even twice in one day. It's chicken perfection. Pok Pok can fuck off.

Seriously, it's fucking amazing.

Yeah, at least with 3 dishes I have tried there, that's particularly why I like them.

This is pretty good too but I'd recommend bringing something of your own to make it spicy.

>Pok Pok can fuck off.

They're two different dishes, you fucking sperg.

Chicken perfection covers all chicken dishes, you fucking sperg

Andy is a very nice guy.

Get the wings at Whiskey Soda (across the street) without waiting in line.

Nong is a little doll too!

thefishwife.com/

pok pok is gross and overpriced for their tiny portions

Kukai and Noraneko for ramen - Kukai is better, but Noraneko has a really nice atmosphere and is still really good
Sushi Ichiban for sushi - inexpensive and delicious
Small Pharaoh's food carts, their gyros are the best in town

LISTEN TO ME:

look up Krua Bangkok. Order the pad kee Mao

It changes a man

>>Blue Star Doughnuts, not VooDoo Doughnuts
>>Smokehouse 21 in Nob Hill is good smoked meats.
>>Tamale House in Beaverton is worth the drive
>>Small Pharaoh for falafel

Stop into Hot Lips for a Marionberry soda.

Well with results like that I can't turn it down. But generally speaking for anyone in the know, what is the chest thumping spicy food challenge of portland? Surely there is one kicking around that is laurel worthy.

Not just for bragging rights, but my chilli pepper degeneracy has made it to where I can't taste much unless it's blistering hot and spicy. Such is the crux.

Pok Pok is hipster garbage.

The Tidbit food cart hub on 28th Division is pretty cool. They have a beer garden and you can also take your food to the bar across the street.

Hapa PDX Ramen is there and makes some good stuff. I'm about to go there right now and get some Donburi actually.

Oh that reminds me, I'm leaving this Wednesday and should arrive by 10pm, late night eats I just can't miss?

incorrect

As someone who worked for Pok Pok until recently, I would like to say that while it is some of the best thai food in town, the wait, price, service, and even soemtimes the food (depending on location and dish) can make the whole thing not work it.

Just go down 82nd street and stop nearly anywhere, or some of the other suggestions posted

>Pok Pok is hipster garbage.
Implying the entire city isn't and every one of their shitty meme resteraunts

My final straw is that God damn "gourmet hotdog" food truck that serves Bar-s boiled hotdogs (5 cents wholesale) on generic buns

Probably the el jefe challenge at fire on the mountain, gotta eat 9 wings in 3 minutes or whatever.

Very few places are open late in portland, two that I know of are biwa and noraneko

Reel M Inn Tavern is said to have the best fried chicken in town. It's delicious but takes 45 min or so to get it depending on the night. time to drink I guess.

OK.

Are there no little diners or delis serving dock and warehouse workers? I mean, it IS a port city.

First time I visited Portland, my friends who showed me around took me to these places and I was very impressed and very satisfied. Liked them so much I visited the same places on a return visit.

Tasty and Son's, and all their sister/brother restaurants and places. They also run an excellent place called Toro Bravo.

Also from the photo try Gravy, best fucking crisp hashbrowns I've ever had with an amazing soft center. Excellent breakfast menu.

3957 N Mississippi Ave, Portland, OR 97227

the Acropolis is a 24 hour strip club and no joke has the best ny strip steak

Next door to it is the second Vegan Strip club.

Acropolis steak is dank as fuck. I thought it was a joke, but damn good steak.

Also The People's Pig up in NoPo is great.