are these things worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

techrepublic.com/article/air-gapped-computers-are-no-longer-secure/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

If you're a soy boy yeah

>"cold storage"
>anyone on the internet can access it

how will you panic sell with those user?

>he doesnt memorize his 24 word private key
>he doesnt practice pain-enduring meditation techniques
you're not gonna make it user

wHAT IF I WANNA hold

I just use Exodus desktop wallet and Metamask to be honest

woah, the nano ledger is so small, I always imagined it 3-4x the size

I have a ledger but never use it.
you currently can't use them with your own node (don't tell me you can, the feature never worked), it's really just a bunch of circlejerk garbage at the moment.

I don't trust them. I want to be able to physically back up my private key not trust some stupid 24 word phase that might not restore correctly when you need it to.

Airgapped laptop just for crypto, used with bootable Ubuntu Linux USB stick in guest mode.

Well then you dont know the fucking fundamentals of technology you dumb mother fucker kys

You can get your private key from the words but that defeats the whole point of a hardware wallet

I bought 2 nanos but don't want to use them because I've read of people resetting their nanos and the device restoring their words to a different address.

Aren't as worth it as a piece of paper and a fireproof safe.

Overpriced hipster crap for showing off puny holdings at starbucks

>2MM+ in crypto, still use pen and paper

techrepublic.com/article/air-gapped-computers-are-no-longer-secure/

>he thinks linux is safe

biz called me a fag for not getting one months ago

it arrives tomorrow :(

Honestly, I think they're worthless. Just download KeePass and make GOOD passwords in it and use those. My crypto PWds are at least ~100 char long, totally random PWds comprised of random ASCII characters.

Have fun cracking that, NSA/government/anyone. KeePass has been tested by pentesters, and it is provably unbreakable.

Electrum wallets with their seeds are GOAT. Trezor and the likes are for technologically impaired people.

I use trezor, fucking love it.
Can transfer my coins without sweating now as it protects you from phishing and middle man attacks

>not buying direct from factory

>he thinks anybody will care enough to covertly slip that shit into your laptop and wait to pick up what might or might not be your password

If you need to type it to access your coins, you can be compromised.

>not using a piece of paper or the patrician version, a stamped sheet of metal

>"cold storage"
>cannot operate below 10C

definitely. i don't understand why anyone in crypto wouldn't use one. you can use paper as well as trezor if you want. trezor is just the only i can have piece of mind

>get a ransomware
>your entire hd gets encrypted along with your password manager
you missed the point anil

I tattooed my private key on my butt and a roastie stole my funds while I was sleeping in her bed.