/v/ here. What are some good foods to make for a gaming group...

/v/ here. What are some good foods to make for a gaming group? I'm sick of the constant chips and dip with the occasional Tyson's Boneless Chicken bites.

I'm mainly looking for finger foods and maybe some fun theme stuff. I would appreciate pictures of food mainly, but recipes and suggestions are also great.

I've lurked your board for a little while and I've found a common link:
youtube.com/watch?v=KGB9hvzbbK0

Thanks for any help you can give.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JigHW5p7Mbw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just use your imagination. One fun thing could be just cutting things to shape like pic related.

Thanks!

Is this really what Veeky Forums has to offer

Go to 1d4chan and look up what fa/tg/uys make their groups to eat. They know how eat. From chili to meatbread, they got the best.

>/v/ here. What are some good foods to make for a gaming group? I'm sick of the constant chips and dip with the occasional Tyson's Boneless Chicken bites.
Tea sandwiches. Make something yummy like deli roast beef, swiss, mayo-horseradish-cream cheese, bit of arugula. Slice into quarters, lay on a tray, cover in plastic wrap til a couple of hours. Chill it down. Use your imagination for smoked cheese, smoked turkey, one of those new boars head flavors like jerk or teriyaki ichiban (crazy hot), with some chutney, veggies, cream cheese, roll em up, toothpicks and slice in circles before serving.

I love some chilled edamame and cold beers. Add some broiled filet mignon wrapped asparagus with teriyaki glaze on there, slice into 2 inch pieces, toothpicks, mmhmm. Marinade some chicken wings in something good, heck even cook them ahead, and then glaze and run under the broiler a couple of minutes a side. Marinade some bacon wrapped dates, stuffed with an almond or blue cheese or water chestnut, or even rumaki, and you're way ahead of that Tyson crap. Simple skewers into a package of chicken tenderloins, keeps your meat together. Marinate in yogurt, citrus, or whatever. Dip it something you like, some curry dip, sweet n sour, peanut dressing. Cucumber salad.

Got a grill? Earlier in the day grill some argentinean or other ethnic sausage. Slice in nice chunks, pour over some warned up chimmichurri. Fresh cheese and garlic toast. Awesome. Bruschetta topping is great marinating a while, just like a fresh salsa. Serve some bread hot from the oven, with a spoonful of the tomatoes, garlic and basil topping.

Just look up Super Bowl recipes :P Theme your evening for the most fun, from Hawaiian night to Japanese to Mexican to British. Broilers are fast. I think for you, you need to have something predone, or only cooks 5 minutes and served fresh. I remember my raiding days. A nice grilled flank steak fills up 4 subs pretty easily.

you could always make your own chicken bites. it's really easy to cut up some chicken breasts into small finger food and fry it up or saute it with some nice seasoning. making a nice spread with various cheeses, crackers, vegetable slices, and small fruits with a few dips is great, too.

brie is GOAT

grill some shrimp. make some salsa. you can roast corn for the salsa on the grill too. tortillas and crema and some pico... you're squared away. plus food over a fire is a sort of themed, right?

Crab legs, my friend.

Cut up some fruit and serve with some yogurt. Big stuff like melons and pineapple work well. Maybe some berries since they require no prep.

Maybe cut up a summer sausage with some crackers and cheese.

Tea sandwiches with lunch meat or chicken/turkey/tuna salad is good. Put a little lettuce between the salad and bread if they're gonna be sitting long so they don't get soggy.

Why am I not surprised that manchildren who play video games eat chicken nuggets while gaming together?

Unfuck yourself, we have guests.

Careful. If you aren't on your best behavior mommy won't give you your chicken nuggets.

>gaming group

Fucko

Butter, Swiss or Gruyere cheese, and a tiny amount of vegemite or marmite or promite wrapped in puff pastry. Bake until golden brown.

I personally don't use an egg wash as I prefer a light flakey puff pastry, but that's up to you.

Have some cookie dough on hand and bake batches of cookies throughout the night. Some kind of pizza roll thing could be cool. I feel like you'll be in the company of some autistic picky eater types so don't be too unusual.

>v/ here

Instantly don't want to help you.

sammiches. a lot heathier than just chips n dip and can still be eaten with one hand. if you feeling fancy use fancy bread

That got me
My group we make pizza or grill. We turn cooking into a cool group activity before gaming. I guess it's why we are all trying to find a place to live together.

youtu.be/JigHW5p7Mbw
P decent looking, been wanting to make this for a while, probably better for tv or card games, cause of the grease from the bacon. Keep a kitchen towel or something next to it I guess, or just makes sure it drains well

That would be a great way to let the group know you're gay

Chili.

It's easy to make in bulk for a large number of people.
It's cheap, so it's no big deal if some of your group are assholes and don't pitch in.
It can be eaten with a minimum amount of mess & utensils cluttering up the table.