Give 1 good example of how blockchain can be used. You can't...

Give 1 good example of how blockchain can be used. You can't. In b4 100+ posts of people slapping the word "blockchain" in front of random tech. That doesn't prove anything.

>blockchain identity verification
>blockchain A.I
>blockchain data verification
>etc

All a bunch of horse shit that hasn't proven to be any better than the current status quo technology in the respective fields.

It allows a system of currency that potentially could give freedom back to normal people vs banks

there is nothing... its a pyramid scheme retard

>1995

Give 1 good Example of how the internet could be used

Go to bed, Dad

It's only really useful for currency and maybe supply chains but yeah it's mostly overhyped garbage. You'd be better off with a cloud database
Smart contracts have potential though if they can make it work.

Anyone who said the internet was useless in 1995 was a braindead retard,the internet has a million more use cases and application than fucking blockchains

Voting, that's why I'm holding HST for 5 years

i honestly thought this was a picture of my fuckin girlfriend i was about to murder someone

>not realizing blockchain invented smart contracts which will completely dominate our world by 2020

ok grandpa, go to bed now

I fucked a girl who looks similar to this - She said she had a bf.

Sorry mate?

to keep track of bananas that supposedly come from guatemala when in actuality they came from educador but those trickster beaners just put a sticker on them saying guatemala and people get them unknowingly and get worms. worms in their buttholes. gross.

This. Accountants and lawyers will finally be out of business

Is this thing asian or mexican?

Supply chaine

Good job captain hindsight, pic related will be you in a year or two

If I have enough blockchain things, I have enough money to have sex with the girl in your picture, OP.

- secure electronic voting (=holy grail for elections, especially in shitholes)
- decentralized marketplaces for pretty much everything (even if it's probably not very adapted for offline goods or services right now)
- universal and trustless way to store sensitive personal datas (think medical or insurance files
- possibility to give to real word assets a unique and unfakable equivalent on internet (revolutionary for things like properties, commodities and overall traceability).

I could go on and on but basically every domain where trust is a big deal benefit from Blockchain.

Yes.

I think I can explain it, user. Blockchain and SmartContracts take it to the next level. They are the bleeding edge of technology, and represent a paradigm shift even in the already fast evolving modern world. Blockchains will synergize with other scalable data-driven technologies to provide fast positive ROI and open the kimono on a vast field of new monetization opportunities. Going forward, we all need to be agents of change and embrace blockchain development and investment. It's about best of breed, it about value-add. This time it's different.

who is this thot?

Why do smart contracts need blockchain, and not cloud databases?

Thanks I just bought 100 blockchains.

Who's the Cum Summoner?

This is the cutest collection of buzzwords I've read all week so far.

Decentralization is key to achieve the trustless smart contracts.

Why do you think big business decided to create Hyperledger, rather than develop smart contracts on cloud databases years ago? Smart contracts have been a concept since the 90s. Blockchain tech is what allowed us to finally achieve them in a trustless manner, which is the entire point of smart contracts in the first place.

>1512407930916.jpg
says Jhendelyn Nuñez

Let me put it like this. Kids born today will think it's weird that, "back in our day" we took out loans from a bank, a centralised entity.
They will simply go onto an app where everyone can put up money and choose fees. It will be a competitive market of direct P2P loans. Anyone with any money can give a loan and accrue interest. That entire function in banking (billions and billions of dollars) will be decentralised. The banks can try to compete but they are now competing against an entire open market of individuals.
Now take that single example and apply it to pretty much anything from insurance to law. That is what we are seeing the dawn of. It's no exaggeration to say that this is a revolution with potentially even greater social consequences than the advent of the internet.

Simplified for the massive brainlets:

If you centralize smart contracts, you might as well just stick to regular paper contracts. Because all it takes is one party to manipulate or cancel the contract.

With decentralization you'd have to co-opt 51% of the entire network in order to change the contract from executing with the pre-set terms as was agreed upon when it was signed.

>"Advancement in distributed ledgers can provide tremendous evolutionary opportunities in financial services, and drive new opportunities and efficiencies in institutional investing. The work the open ledger project is focused on is an important first step as coordinating open standards will help this technology achieve the critical mass it needs.”
- Antoine Shagoury, Global Chief Information Officer at State Street

>“LSEG is committed to an open source collaborative approach to the development of the building blocks for blockchain technology. We believe this technology has the potential to drive change across the industry but will need to be developed in partnership with clients and other industry participants under an open source approach. This needs to be done in a considered and rigorous manner to benefit the market as a whole.”
>Moiz Kohari, Group Head of Technology Innovation at London Stock Exchange Group

>“Moscow Exchange is excited to join the Hyperledger Project. We believe in the future impact of distributed ledger technologies for the whole financial industry. Our team has been exploring possible applications of Blockchain in trading, clearing and settlement. We’re looking forward to working with this robust community to further Hyperledger’s vision and shared ledger technology.”
- Sergei Poliakoff, CIO of Moscow Exchange

>“We believe that blockchain and distributed ledger technology will become a key factor in the competitive and revolutionary improvement that can reshape the terrain of the post-trade industry. An industry-wide distributed ledger solution that offers seamless connectivity in a secure way will allow us to enhance our overall business efficiency and deliver more value to our stakeholders.”
- Hyungjoo Kim, Managing Director and Chief Information Officer of Korea Securities Depositor

>"Deutsche Börse group sees great potential in blockchain technology and is delighted to join this initiative. As a market infrastructure covering the entire value chain, we believe that the true value of the blockchain will only materialise as part of industry initiatives such as Hyperledger project."
- Jeffrey Tessler, Member of the Executive Board at Deutsche Börse AG

>"“We’re excited to join Hyperledger, as we’re looking to take full advantage of blockchain to deliver new and innovative products for our customers and partners, while transforming existing business processes and applications,”
- Marc Gordon, Executive Vice President & Chief Information Officer, American Express

>""The open ledger project is a key turning point in the industry establishing enterprise grade blockchain technology. It's key for the industry to enable an open developer community around blockchain and it's great that so many colleagues are joining and supporting the effort to move the entire Internet community forward."
- Dave Ward, SVP and Chief Architect at Cisco Systems

>“Blockchain is without doubt a disruptive technology that will have significant impacts on numerous business areas. We are proud to be a member of the Hyperledger community and look forward to contributing and sharing our expertise with its members.”
- Won-Pyo Hong, President of Samsung SDS’ Solution Business

>"“SWIFT is delighted to support this industry-wide effort to advance distributed ledger technology. Cooperation and collaboration – hallmarks of the SWIFT cooperative – will be key to ensuring the scalability and adoption of this technology.”"
- Craig Young, Chief Technology Officer of SWIFT

Now what, OP?

I agree that +90% of the shit that we're seeing being added to the blockchain is just a useless trend, and the vast majority will die off. But smart contracts and the oracles that connects them is not one of them. That's the future.

looks nothing like her

I was just going to say the same thing. I carefully looked at the Google image search for the pics that came up and it can't be her!

>btc
>nothing else
>everything else a scam, especially Ethereum

blockchain is a scam to relieve mid iq brainlets of their btc

So the tech carries credence but what is the value of any coin when they can be duplicated by Shailesh Poonam? Are you all betting on acquisition by banks?

Except very smart influential people said that. Keep in mind the internet was nothing like what it is now. It was simply a collection of databases (like public ledgers hint hint) with some reading material. Nothing you couldn't find in a library though. I'd recommend reading about the benefits to decentralization and distributed databases instead of posting low tier FUD. The fact that you "attach an existibg technology to it" is the whole point, and us precisely what the internet allowed us to do.
>Ecommerce
>Online shopping
>Online maps
Would you say that the internet is not useful for these things because they existed before it?

*Attach an existing technology to it
Its called innovation not invention

Machine to machine microtransactions you fucking pleb

Yeah, why would you ever use or own stock in a reputable service created by competent people and that has proven itself to be trustworthy for something important as handling your money, when Shaneequa in Detroit can just copypaste their business plan and open a competing service.

You'd be investing in Shaneequas service at the very bottom. Much to be made!

ehh
the OP's picture looks more like Ariel Rebel, but I don't think the picture is of her either.