What are some patrician sodas? I love my Mountain Dew, but I'm looking to branch out

What are some patrician sodas? I love my Mountain Dew, but I'm looking to branch out.

Coke Zero

I don't know too many people in the higher social classes who drink soda, but the few I can think of tend to order Diet Coke.

There's no such thing as patrician soda

coke zero
mexican coke in glass with real sugar

if you went to a nice restaurant and they made you a hand-made soda at the bar in front of you you'd think it was pretty patrician.

there's no such thing as a from-the-bottle high fructose corn syrup based mass market patrician soda, though

>Veeky Forums FOOD AND COOKING

Soda is neither. Please kindly leave.

There's no such thing as a hand-made soda at the bar in front of you, hence there's no such thing as patrician soda

>There's no such thing as a hand-made soda at the bar in front of you

I find that hard to belive. I've seen them make soda on the Iron Chef TV show before, and crafting artisinal sodas is a thing, so surely there are bars or restaurants that offer soda made in house.

And, having written that I can think of a soda that just about every bar could make to order: The Shirley Temple. People might not think of that as a soda, but it certainly seems to fit the standard description: a sweet beverage made by combining a flavored syrup with carbonated water.

You've never had an Italian Soda before?

Here's my pick.

Coke Zero

Birch beer and sarsaparilla are excellent.

More like bitch beer fucking fag

Yeah, because it's so fucking hard to make flavor syrups and mix them with seltzer water and serve them in a fancy glass

There's some stevia drinks clearly targeted at the more money than sense crowd, but not really any targeted at the so much money they don't need sense crowd.

I think a lot of it is down to the huge margins restaurants can make off whine fags. Without that I think high class restaurants would experiment far more with drinks.

Club soda, preferably uncarbonized you fat fuck

I hand-make sodas. I make syrups, boil them down to concentrate, then mix them with carbonated water. Often add some sort of alcohol as well.

>patrician
>soda

Throwing in my vote for coke zero as well. I live in a capital city, pursue post grad education, am very tall, and when I do drink coke, it's zero, not diet. Perhaps it's in my head (probably) but I think it's spicier and has less of a dull sweetness than diet coke, although Trump prefers diet coke, so there ya go.

Also, I always to try and craft my own. True patrician taste shuns excessive sweetness as it is for children and women, and I would like to craft my own very low sugar bottles of cola, root beer, and lemon soda, maybe with a hint of palm sugar.

> True patrician taste shuns excessive sweetness

Crepe Suzette has always been peasant food.

Pouring expensive brandy onto dishes and flambeing it is the most patrician thing you can do, that's fine. I still wouldn't load up a crepe with sauce and powdered sugar, it's not appealing.

>patrician
>soda
enjoy ur beetus. soda is for manchildren and amerifats.

san pelligrino is godly but never go full 'beetus my guy, theres 30g of sugar in a can alone

Upvote

Lost Trail root bear and sarsparilla

> Pouring expensive brandy

That's the final touch.

Meanwhile it's sweet pancakes, covered in a caramel sauce with liqueur. Sugar, sugar, sugar.

Hansen's is my overall favorite brand of soda pop. Most of their flavors are really good, but my favorites are the tangerine lime soda and root beer.

Also recommend Ruby Red Squirt.

This too, birch beer is amazing.

I got some store brand imitation irn bru to complete some deal as I was buying some other thing in the deal to mix. It was easily one of the most disgusting drinks I've ever had.

This or Pepsi Max

Coke Life?

but we have beer threads all the time

san pellegrino lemonata

Crystal Pepsi

Sanbitter

It's limonata, LI, LI

cream soda is objectively the best soft drink money can buy.

jarritos and sunkist
but it honestly doesnt get any better than mtn dew
i do like barqs root beer tho

It's a little pricey, but Fentimans sodas are absolutely fucking delicious. Best cherry cola I've ever drank

Pepsi Max is damn good, might be the best diet soda

This.
That absolute fact aside, Fresca is a patrician choice.

the best! splash some vodka in if you feel inclined

or eat some skittles before taking a sip

This is like drinking a green freeze pop.

That being said this is one of my favorites. Only place I know that I can get it at is a specialty soda shop like an hour away.

What makes one brand of soda "patrician"?

i like diet a&w root beer. No sugar and the Ph is around 4.5 which ain't so bad compared to cola, which is 2.5

Okay, I've heard this mentioned several times and even seen it in some stores, but I've never actually tried it:

Mexican Cola.
What the fuck is it?

What makes it Mexican? Is it made with cinnamon or spices or something? Is it just regular Coke made with shitty Mexican water that will void your bowels? What's the deal, and why do so many claim that it's better than regular Coke?

shitty ass bargain freeze pops.
i told myself they must be the same but
OTTER POPS
hold the key to my heart.

There was a time, before NAFTA, when mexican coca-cola was made with cane sugar. People who live on junk food can probably tell the difference, I drink coke approximately twice a year, so despite having travelled all over mexico pre-NAFTA and had coke a few times down there, I'm not sure if I could tell you the difference.

But, allegedly, it was better.

I say "was" but most people say "is" because they don't realize that NAFTA flooded Mexico with HFCS and now half their food and drink contains high levels of it, hence why they are all becoming ham planets.

Oops, I mean it's better because it's made with cane sugar, muh regional fast food rivalries, penn and teller told me experts can't tell the difference between a champagne and a super tuscan, so wine is a scam but here is muh highly nuanced opinion on junk food :^)

>be me
>tea drinker
>make fun of Americans for a decade on internet forums
>come across this picture
>realize British people call soda "pop" too
>realize I have wasted many years here
>rethink my life and pursuits

dont lets fags get to you, even tho "mexican coke" says its made with cane sugar, only some are actually made with it others just label it like that for sales. most of it is made with sucrose, which is similar to corn syrup. its still good but people are so smug about it when they are actually just being retarded

Barqs root beer

im a craft soda fag but if we are talking about stuff you can get anywhere definitely barqs

Coke Zero

Barqs red cream soda is the revival of this old drink

be an adult

What the fucks up with coke zero? Its shit. It just tastes like a little less watered down version of diet coke. If you want real coke, go to your local Mexican store and buy them in the glass. Shits 1000x better than any version of coke you'll ever drink.

oh go neck yourself you faggot, or I'll do it myself

>buying soda from fresh market

I fucking laughed

This shit my nigg

I've been really liking Mello Yello recently.

Here's a line of soda that's designed to be more of a luxury brand/quality mixer, they have better ingredients and way less sugar than most brands

Michigan aristocrat reporting in fav at the moment.

I think Crush Strawberry is top tier.

Jones Soda is pretty dope IMO, bit on pricey side if you can't find it in a store near you though.

I saw it in my local supermarket recently. What flavor would you recommend?

Sinus-clearing spicy stuff, and absolutely worth it.

Only place I've found in MA that sells it is a hardware store 3 hours away, but I make sure to pick some up when I'm on the Cape.

From what I've had, Berry Lemonade, Green Apple, and Cream are all pretty great. Definitely worth a shot I think.

Inca Kola

i've had the top row of these and loved all of them except chinotto which isn't my cup of tea. Haven't tried the bottom row but they look good

this is great too

mmfcl

don't you have a heroin addiction to tend to, finlay?

Truly a godsend, ordered a fucking 24 case from their website and took it to my college lounge and set everyones head on fire.

Really curious to try this. Massive long shot but does anyone know a place in Sydney that has it?

Man, you really got them.

This is truly the only soda I drink on special occasions these days. Their burgundy cream soda is also great.

The supermarket near me stocks the grapefruit one of these, it's really great in summer.

That blood orange soda is the best thing in the world.

Not patrician, but a Soda with a very narrow customerbase (at least outside of germany and until last year or so) is pick related. It was nicknamed hacker-brause (hacker-soda).

>dislikes chinotto
Have you tried cedrata?

The only correct option

patrician soda

straight club soda
my grandpa loved him some 7-up or gingerale when he was dying from stomach cancer as well.

desu

Love that stuff. Significantly less "diet" taste than Diet Coke.

The lemon and mint is pretty tasty. Tastes like the normal limonata at first, then leads into a spearmint aftertaste, would recommend for patrician and goat.

Consuming shit made by italian goomba greaseball wops, don't do it.

No one's posted Stewart's? Love the Key Lime.

my fucking nigga

Also Boylan and Vergils is a good recommendation

Mah fellow ma'fuggin' melanin-rich brother of African descent.

I hate how much I love it.

what's an italian soda?
please elaborate so I can go and get one

They're basically just soda water mixed with a fruity or infused simple syrup. There is also a cream version where you add in some half & half but I'm not really a fan of those.

Stewart's fountain classics

I really like these, but I rather not support Nestlé

You're already drinking the most patrician pop available.

This

DUDE ROOT BEER LMAO!