Worcestershire Sauce

What do you do with this stuff? I bought a bottle thinking it would be a good flavor for gravy, but then realized it would just curdle the cream.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00469X6BQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Marinades, deglazing the pan after cooking any sort of red meat, in soups & stews. Table condiment. Making cheap steaks not taste like crap.

Also, I've used it in cream-based sauces many times. I've never had a problem with curdling

>gravy
>cream
What are you doing?

A gravy is a sauce made from the drippings from cooking meat. Thus a cream-based deglaze sauce for your steak or American-style "country gravy" both qualify.

Oh, and for some reason the Italian community in the USA refers to their tomato sauce as "sunday gravy"....not sure where that comes from since it's not based from meat drippings, but hey, what can you do...

Its a flavorful meat tenderizer meant for steak

>meat tenderizer

Where do people get this silly idea from?

And given that it's based on an Indian recipe, it's clearly not "meant" for steak.

...that being said, it does taste damn good with beef though.

put it on/in eggs

>into the trash it goes

>Its a flavorful meat tenderizer
'murica, why do you believe this?

My guess is that it's a common ingredient in marinades, so people think its purpose is tenderization when in reality it's just for flavor.

>Gravy
>Cream

What in the good god fuck?

Could it have some brining effect? Maybe thats were it comes from, never seen it as a "tenderizer", love it as a condement, lovely woth baked beans along with some chipotle based hot sauce, try it!

What makes you say it is based on an Indian recipe? It is a fish sauce so if anything it is Oriental.

wurchestersher sauce is good. even for chicken, but i usually put it in steak and chicken and even in shrimp marinade. a little goes a long way with other stuff, but my mom uses a shit load in her steaks and it's awesome. also if you like ground turkey instead of beef for everything its great in there too. ground turkey burgers with onions mushrooms and wurchester sautee is bombass

Fryer fresh fries, pour a little on top, and then shake up, sprinkle a little cheese on top and wa la.

I got it from a brit friend and it is surprisingly good.

One egg
Shot of whiskey
Worchershire sauce
Dash of tobacco
Maybe some tomato/clamato juice

>Breakfast of champions

Dear dip shit - it will tenderize meat. You should try it before you start acting like a prick

Anything cheese related and any sauce based food like bolognese, chilli, cottage/shepherds pie, etc.

tobacco? like a ciggy or a pipe?

Mix it into ground beef for burgers.

Hot sauce (autocorrect sorry)

that sounds incredible . do you take the shot while eating? just sip it? i assume you aren't cooking with it

Just throw all ingredients in a cup and slam it back

You could mix it if you want but desu don't break the egg yolk

If your gravy is curdling that easily your cream to roux is way off also that stuff is super dank a couple dabs will do yah

The egg should be raw by the way

Do you not know what a meat tenderizer is Yah dingus
Protip it's something that breaks meat diwn and tenderizer it aka something acidic or carbonated

>literally the first ingredient is vinegar
>how could it ever break down connective tissue

it goes really well with soy sauce

Makes burgers tastes like fucking heaven. It's fucking steroids for anything beef.

I bought once a Worchester sauce bottle to make Bloody Maries. 3 years later and I still have that bottle nearly used.

You're not living if you're not going though a bottle every couple months at least. Use that shit in everything.

Beef stew
Burgers
Meat loaf
Pan sauce with steaks
Gravy
Marinades

This shit is versatile as fuck.

This.
amazon.com/dp/B00469X6BQ

Make some rice and chicken and drown it.

Fuck yes nigger.

I bought one of these once.
Huge fucking mistake.
One whole gallon holy shit.

Surprised everyone's saying steak when hamburgers are where it's at. Made bacon Bleu cheese burgers last night and seasoned the meat with bacon Bleu cheese garlic and onion powders and lots of black pepper with a little kosher salt and they turned out fantastic. The sauce adds smoke to the smokiness of Bleu cheese and the smokiness of bacon so if you're into smokey foods without overwhelming smoke flavor this should be up your alley.

Smoke.

>Bleu

literally anything beef

I don't get it, if you keep it in a dark cool place then it pretty much lasts forever. What's not to like?

Many labels on the product have it spelled that way across the United States. I'm not sure why Veeky Forums gets so autistic about it, it's really not a big deal.

>go into restaurant
>order steak
>ask for bleu cheese sauce
>waitress asks what it's like to have a stroke

Bloody Marys

>Bleu
Oualeure!

It provides depth and sweetness to a lot of different meals. I like to throw it in to round out flat flavors.

It's pretty assertive, so you have to learn how to season properly with it.

>hooray for the red white and bleu
>home of the bleus and bleugrass music
>native land of bleuberries and bleu corn
>shame about your neggir problem

>Oh, and for some reason the Italian community in the USA refers to their tomato sauce as "sunday gravy"....not sure where that comes from since it's not based from meat drippings, but hey, what can you do...
It is based from meat drippings. Ragu should be long simmered bones and meat from beef, veal, pork. This tomato sauce has a rich mouthfeel from the gelatinized stock nature of the slow simmer all day, aka sunday gravy. I might even have a little milk in it to further tenderness of the meat. Modern day we use ground minced meats to make it quicker and simulate some of that tenderness.

>What do you do with this stuff? I bought a bottle thinking it would be a good flavor for gravy, but then realized it would just curdle the cream.
OP, it's kind of old-timey flavor. Most chefs have it in the fridge and use it from time to time, but might have a bottle for years too. It's like a spiced version of soy sauce or vietnamese fish sauce kind of stand-in for when you want some added piquant weirdness aka umami, and is in the same class as fish sauces and steak condiments. It goes into some recipes, from a bloody mary to deviled eggs to even caesar dressing if you don't want to paste up some anchovies. A drop will do until you love it more.

Burgers benefit from it, whether before or after cooking. It's like A1 lite. Old 50's recipes that use it such as salisbury steak or swiss steak, both pan sauce kind of things. To me, I might only use it if I wasn't going to use mushrooms.