Here's the real red-pill on smart contracts and blockchains guys:

Here's the real red-pill on smart contracts and blockchains guys:

Every product has a USP, the real USP behind blockchains and smart contracts is decentralisation. Take that away, and you have literally no advantage. Whether or not decentralisation is actually valuable, is an entirely different discussion. All I'm saying is cryptocurrencies and tokens etc the only thing they bring to the table that is NEW is decentralisation. I'm sure you're all aware how everything is being tokenised these days, but look at half the shit on CMC and it's just APPS, its just apps using their own bullshit crypto economy that is totally centralised. Take Genesis Vision, an exciting project, good fundamentals etc, but what was actually stopping someone from making it privately and internally without crypto? Just pay everyone using Paypal or some shit, do you see where I'm going?

Smart contracts are revolutionary, but not for consumers. Normies are perfectly willing to trust corporations, they've been doing it their whole life. These charlatans are out there pushing 'decentralised deliveroo!' as if anyone is afraid of using deliveroo because it isn't secured via a trustless contract.

So the real question is 'where does this new technology actually matter' and the answer is trustless-ness will only be valuable in B2B/legislative context. Bond repayments, insurance payouts, corporate takeovers, etc. And adoption in those fields will take nearly a decade, but still the world moves faster than ever so take your positions now.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/channel/UCcrSMnEYhIPX_p127jI23qw
github.com/stonecoldpat/anonymousvoting/blob/master/README.md
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Find the smart contract ETH
Find the smart contract XMR
Find the smart contract uh ENJ

Get paid

so another reason to buy link?

But what happens when deliveroo take lots of peoples money? And give no dinner

>So the real question is 'where does this new technology actually matter' and the answer is trustless-ness will only be valuable in B2B/legislative context.

You're underselling it. Smart contracts will 100% revolutionise P2P exchanges of value. Loans will be crowdsourced, insurance will be crowdsourced. This is internet-tier social change.

People move on to the next company and lubes up.

POA Network

Perfect for Ausfailia and all of us young first home buyer normies. Alas, I'm too much of a brainlet to capitalise on the this.

It's really not even a matter of if but when. Smart contracts eliminate negative externalities. Externalities are expensive. Markets will always tend towards the most profitable option, so there is literally no way that smart contracts will not revolutionize B2B and P2P.

I need more Sweet Linkies.

I agree that people mostly don't care and so business ideas are often a meme.

Nevertheless, I write a voting contract on NEO for fun. The means voting from home and outcome computation is done trustlessly.

What's your opinion on that?

Also, subscribe to muh channel

m.youtube.com/channel/UCcrSMnEYhIPX_p127jI23qw

Reference implementation

github.com/stonecoldpat/anonymousvoting/blob/master/README.md

It's also provably anonymous, the caviat is you need one-time kyc and then it's private key shit that might genereally br too much for ild people. Same with crypto in general

Wrong, smart contracts that are decentralised do have a negative externality, which is inefficiency. A decentralised system is always less computationally efficient (even WITH Plasma) than a centralised one. So the real question is are losses from inefficiency offset by gains in security, the problem is the level of security for 90% of consumer grade service industry is currently sufficient. Things like credit ratings will benefit, but reworking existing apps like Uber will simply not benefit enough. No one thinks Uber is going to take everyones money and run away with it. If decentralisation comes to the p2p industry, it will long after it comes to the b2b industry. The average user is more concerned with service than security.

Blockchain based voting is literally 50+ years away, the reason being that legislation is passed by the forces in control, the forces in control benefit from gerrymandering and other kinds of voter suppression, they will never pass the laws necessary to adopt blockchain based voting.

That's not even the best reason to buy LINK, if you haven't figured out why LINK will actually be a better currency than XRP/NANO/BTC etc. you don't deserve to even buy it.

link isnt a currency kek

>Being this much of a brainlet kek

It isn't directly a currency, but it actually has the capacity of displacing LN when it comes out. There's a reason at least a few individuals have dropped 1MM+ on LINK.

Good points user. I stand corrected.

How to invest in smart contracts specifically? Buy eth and link?

> LINK will actually be a better currency than XRP/NANO/BTC
What the fuck user I have literally never seen ANYONE else suggest LINK is a tier 1 currency coin and I've been researching it for weeks. So are you a singular genius or a gigantic retard?

>everything is being tokenised these days, but look at half the shit on CMC and it's just APPS
The Chainlink token feeds the decentralized Chainlink network of nodes.
This is not an app.

>Smart contracts are revolutionary, but not for consumers.
Confirmed for having no clue what smart contracts are.

How do you invest in smart contracts.

Best way to invest in smart contracts? I'm assuming eth + link

>the level of security for 90% of consumer grade service industry is currently sufficient
We're talking about smart contracts; the level of security cannot be high enough, and greatly outranks "computational efficiency".

Absolute brainlet, yes Smart Contracts need high security. But does your average consumer need a smart contract when they order takeaway? No. Smart Contracts are decades away from consumer end adoption.

>Bond repayments, insurance payouts, corporate takeovers, etc. And adoption in those fields will take nearly a decade, but still the world moves faster than ever so take your positions now.
The thing is smart-contracts are getting close to the level of end-to-end tamper-proofness required to automate the majority of digital financial agreements. So it may take another decade for industries that are deeply incumbered with legacy systems and protocols that make it difficult for smart-contracts to completely automate their end-to-end process, like in insurance and trade finance. But derivative contracts are pretty much ready to be taken over by smart-contracts

>yeah but what about things that don't need smart contracts!
Things that don't need smart contracts, don't need smart contracts.
And by the way, why wouldn't things like takeaway use smart contracts?
For instance, if the delivery boy (female) takes more than the promised 30 minutes to deliver the pizza, you could get a discount automatically, without having to argue or file a complaint or whatever.
Same with order mixups, etc.

Buy into all the smart contract platforms
Ethereum, Cardano, EOS, NEO, Vechain. There are tons. The most promising that are going to see actual use are Ethereum and Vechain imo

so you agreed that it isnt a currency then explained why it isnt but call me a brainlet.
top kek lad

Because a company like deliveroo can automate this process without smart contracts or blockchain. Do you think that 99% of the people who order deliveroo really care if their food arrival is secured on a trustless blockchain? Deliveroo could implement this any day if it felt it would be profitable.

Trustless third party smart contracts present ZERO competitive advantage to service based industries that interact directly with consumers. It won't suddenly make more people buy their product and therefore has no interest to board members. Smart contracts WILL be of use in B2B and legislative fields.

>Do you think that 99% of the people who order deliveroo really care if their food arrival is secured on a trustless blockchain?
>Trustless third party smart contracts present ZERO competitive advantage to service based industries that interact directly with consumers.
Look up AXA "Fizzy".

You'd be surprised how thirsty people are after trustlessness.

Yeah anyone who's ever spent 3 hours on the phone with an airline CS agent at the beginning of your vacation in the lobby of a 3rd world airport can attest to how fucking comfy automatic refunds on their fuckups would be .

Yup.
Same with smaller things like food deliveries.

And how would you realistically get that data? Smart contracts work best for things that can be verified 100% with data.

A combination of trackers and sensors in the box, vehicle, etc.
We're talking about the future here.

And in any case, consumer-level smart contracts would likely start in environments that are already data-rich; like finance.
Think peer-to-peer crowdfunded loans, insurances, mortgages, etc.
No third parties like banks, insurance companies, government officials, notaries, lawyers, ... needed.