Any advice for someone like me who's gone 21 years without a drop of alcohol that wants to try it but doesnt want to...

Any advice for someone like me who's gone 21 years without a drop of alcohol that wants to try it but doesnt want to become an alcoholic?

just become alcoholic bro that is what everyone does and it seems to work for them

waste all money you have on 0.5 litre on bad tasting liquor that will make your head hurt, piss yourself and shout edgy edgy things to people

Most people don't like alcohol when they first try it, though I've honestly never met anyone who's actually gone 21 years without having a drink.

Don't start with straight liquor, but don't start with sugary girly drinks either. If you're going to do beer or wine for your first thing, don't do cheap crap, but also don't do something hop/tannin heavy; those are acquired tastes.

Try a simple mixed drink like a gin/ vodka tonic with quality liquor. You'll still be able to to taste the alcohol, but it wont be overwhelming, and it'll be strong enough that you should be able to feel the effects of each sip.

Don't worry about becoming an alcoholic - that takes years of habitual drinking.

id recommend a bourbon whiskey- Jim Beams Black cherry infused

its sweet enough to where you can get adjusted to alcohol but still be considered a non girly drink

>Any advice for someone like me who's gone 21 years without a drop of alcohol that wants to try it but doesnt want to become an alcoholic?
Is it in your genes? Got some alchies in the family?
Are you mentally healthy, no past traumas or otherwise dysfunctional behaviors from them?
Undiagnosed ADHD?
High stress job? No routine exercise in your life?

I guess if you're clear on all the above, you could try to just enjoy a cocktail before dinner. Just go through the gambit of famous recipes until you find something you like. Get a corona with lime with your salsa and chips. No biggie.

Alcohol isn't heroin, user. You're not going to drink a beer and get addicted.

Not being able to drink without being/becoming an alcoholic seems to be a Veeky Forums meme. Never understood it.

From what ive heard my father was practically born with an alcohol dependency and him dying was what kept me away from it for the longest time but later when i stopped being afraid of it then it was the fact that no one around me had anything other than shitty cheap american beer that kept me away from it.

Get a decent whisk(e)y. Though you'll likely branch out and find other favorites over time, Glenfiddich/Glenlivet is a decent starting point for Scotch, as is Knob Creek/Bulliet for Bourbon. Any of them is good enough to enjoy for more than just the buzz, and just expensive enough to make you pause for a second before buying them.

Hi OP, i'm 25 and pretty much didn't drink my whole life. Decided to get a bottle of vodka and a bottle of gin yesterday and some random shit i've seen people mix it with like orange juice, soda, tonic water, etc. So far vodka and OJ is bretty gud

>I've honestly never met anyone who's actually gone 21 years without having a drink.
you have never met someone who just turned 21?

I went 24 years before I tried alcohol for the first time.

Most people drink before.

Gin Fizz !!!!

>Don't buy cheap booze.
>Drink sparingly and you wont build up as much tolerance and it will take less to make you feel the effects.
>Drink till you start to feel the effects of alcohol then stop
>Don't do anything that could kill someone or yourself after having a drink

drink good shit
don't drink it quickly
don't drink more than you feel satisfied with
drink plenty of water and eat before. or during

Alcoholic here can confirm. I life life behind alcohol glasses and I love it

Is that old as pic the last time you drank? Being in the biz i'll say don't get anything flavored. It's all shit. Just get a nice white or dark, whatever you're preference is. and a mixer you enjoy. Ginger Ale and whiskey is good. Or Mt.Dew if you want to unleash your inner Veeky Forums. Its kinda good albeit fedora tier.

Pretty much this. Especially as a former liquor store worker it pains me to see so many people buy cheap or overpriced trash and then call themselves "experts" who think they can do my job? Fuck I'd bet those people have never even tried a Speyside scotch much less an Islay.
Dont waste your money, if your gonna drink at least drink the stuff thats made and tailored well and support your local brewers/distillers if they make good shit.

>tfw drinking whiskey and browsing Veeky Forums while at work right now

>liquor store worker
Hello brethren.
I'd give the exact opposite advise. This dude has not had a drink in so long, getting something good is redundant. Get the almost bottom of the barrel shit. So get Skyy instead of Crystal Palace.

neat

wine coolers?

What is it about straight edgers that think if they drink a certain kind of alcohol they'll becoming an alcoholic.

It has nothing to do with what kind of alcohol you drink. You could drink odouls or everclear and it won't change your chances of becoming an alcoholic. Fucking idiot.