/smg/ - Stock Market General

Mid teens edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-27/did-fed-save-wall-street-temporary-qe4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

$WTW comes through again.
>muh 2 holidays last quarter.

Good morninga

Thoughts on cisco?

I'm ascending

Remember guys

There is a Big5Guy in all of us

Big Guy thread?

looks like it

Morning

Have a BIG cat for hopefully BIG gains

To be fair though I got in to BGFV at 5.60 so I'm not sweating

>Not buying JD right fucking now

Seriously, the discount on yesterday is immense (-3.6% on the back of president Xi Jinpings comments and rate fears) This company will steal more and more marketshare off BABA for years to come. Guaranteed growth and EPS beats

DYOR now and you'll see why you should be long JD but also that there is huge short-term upside with the earnings report coming Friday

I will pass on chinese companies depending on politics

BABA will go down the drain because Jack Ma is not well viewed by Xi Jinping

As for JD and Tencent, they will have business but at the expense of pretty much bailing out the rest of the shitty scammy companies (by "investing" in them)

Guys, is true that fed printed 14 billions $ for leverage just to save crashing stocks this february?

I didn't hear anything about that. Do you have a source?

Idk, sounds like something they'd do.

would not call it source as zerohedge is trash but...

zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-27/did-fed-save-wall-street-temporary-qe4

Morning all

meme triangle formed on URGN

>When you pick the right memes

And what memes are those?

Hurry up and open wall street. I need off this big 5 ride.

Grug buy different pebbles with obsidian. Other Grugs from /tradingcave/ laugh at Grug for not buy sea shells

so fucking early

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a big PCG purchase. It looks like the fallout from the California wildfires has settled for the time being and I'm betting that the stock will rebound from here considering how profitable the company is.

Get in NLST ATOS and BPTH now! While it's cheap!

Not ever touching a meme stock ever again. DD from here on out is the only way.

BPMX (slow burn, 200 MA at .28), AKER (previosu gainer, 200 MA at .83), ABIO (bottom barrel play), NHID this morning

MYO get in on those robot arms before Deadpool2/Cable make them cool. Next yr robot arms will be the new fidget spinner.

Explain to an oldfag why fidget spinners became so fucking popular. I just don't understand... Back in my day all the kids wanted badass yo-yo's and laser pointers. If you had a green laser pointer then you were like a god amongst 5th graders.

NLST has some solid tech to it.

It is a meme

In fact, that is how a brand or a particular product become popular and wanted : because everybody sees them everywhere

Exactly, BPTH and ATOS are good also!

most activity at AKER

I put an order in for 300 PCG at $38.5, I might raise the price a bit if it looks like it's not gonna fill this week.

im going back to bed

BPTH is a shit stock

>AMRS hasn't moved
Is the meme dead Bois?

Big Five? More like Big Dive amirite?

It died yesterday

BPMS still running

fuccckkk AHPI

Strong buy right now for good dividend and gains.
> Makes up 30% of my portfolio.

Jesus Christ BPMX is going nuts. Will not FOMO on it but good on anyone who got in early.

I'm trying this out now with $100 in four stocks. I'll give results later

What stocks?

> not OP

im doing this with BGS today

Wtf, what caused this?

750 shares of nvda, its so autistic :'(

sold the news on SQ for that final pump to ATH

feels fuckin good. Sold half my NVDA too. All this shit is too fucking high

JCS, GNCA, SNOA,and GEN. I think the results are already botched because I counted day 1 as Friday

Interesting

imo all of those look to have fundamental problems as a company (no cash,bad management , product denied, etc.) . How long do you plan on holding? Or is this just a fun crap shoot lol.

BPMX is making me rich.

show your strategies brah
>list all stocks that lost so much today
>take the one with price that meet your requirements
>analyze
>income slowly down quater by quarter :denied
>debt to assets suddenly grow so much :denied
>operating cash flow is so low than investing one :denied
>get the stocks that meet requirement
>a day later, buy em all those stocks
>now observing, observing, observing
>if i feel a stock has gain enough profit :straight sell it
>repeat

fuck yeah my PEN mooning!

Should I dump the memes while I still can?

I can’t wait till I have a few grand to invest. Being a poorfag sucks.

gratz

Hodl AMRS, they're undervalued af and yesterday's bear trap means nothing in the long run.

This desu.

idk i think it was a chatroom pump

i didnt play it to dangerous

You shouldn't be holding either of those.

I just buy what Cramer says.

buy GE and AMRS

Wonder if there's a list of how often he's right vs wrong and how much you'd be up/down if you listened to him

Where's the bottom on WMT? $90 maybe? I bought in way too early at $94.50, should've waited to see how low it was gonna go. I'm debating on whether or not I should double down on my position if it drops below $90.

I'm sure some autistic blogger keeps track of that shit, I'd be interested in seeing the list if anyone could find one.

how did you know to buy?

Get in BPMX now!!! Its going to the moon! A really undervalued company!

ABIO is on a trend-line play, i would wait for a pull back to get in

Buy time is over, it's time to hold.

Im buying at low 80's high 70 's .

There's the amazon problem in their industry and they cant compete atm. Still massively overvalued. However I wouldn't sell and just ride it out if you already bought in.

It's just a crap shoot. One is doing great, two have declined, one hasn't moved. I'm supposed to sell them as soon as they make any profit, but I put in stop losses just so I don't lose some shekels for nothing.

>tfw bought ge at 17 and have been holding for 2 months
This is agony Bros

I believe GE may be the same kind of play as VRX, TEVA or GSK
But you gotta leave it time to sort out their balance sheet problems

I don't think they're THAT overvalued, P/E is only around 24x, they're still incredibly profitable and their revenues are projected to grow in 2018 vs 2017. They're also aggressively investing in shit like online shopping, free 2-day deliveries, online purchase - in store pickup, and now Sam's Club is partnering with a home delivery service in a lot of their stores. I just don't see the price falling into the $70's, maybe it'll hit the mid $80's. Walmart has like 5 times the earnings money to throw around compared to Amazon, if they spend their money wisely then they should be able to easily compete with Amazon.

Got in with a few hundred shares at .16. Literally woke up to $30 extra dollars.

Got £20k to drop into some stock. I'm thinking about putting 4k into each of the following: JD, MSFT, SQ, SHOP, TTWO. Thoughts?

all in AMRS today and in 1 month you'll make twice that amount

Green day finally. Hope it holds.

Globe & Mail released a hit piece on Maricann saying two members of the board of directors under investigation by OSC for insider trading. I have no patience for that kind if slime, dumped my MARI holding at moderate loss although thankfully i did not have a lot of money involved. Bought in to Emerald Health Therapeutics at open which is currently pumping on the strength of news that government is offering tax exemption for low-THC mj extract medicinal products like CBD. This may or may not be a day trade for me depending on how the chart plays out.

>GEN
activate it

Regarding MARI directors, both have resigned. CEO Ben Ward, who has a somewhat questionable past, still on for now. I wouldn't touch this stock again unless Ward also gets shitcanned and there is interest in a buy out by a larger company.

>OP pic

Maybe it's just dumb luck. I'll do this again tomorrow with four new stocks

I like everything there besides SQ. I would throw some in BRK just to cover your bases.

Good job user

If you want to go long on vidya games
Let's not forget ATVI

I would like to dump some of my shit to buy them

What did you buy?

I dunno that I'd go quite that far but target is around $8 I believe?

MU getting close to $50. Time to sell

See
I only made a 1% total increase on $100. I'll do more research before blindly picking stocks that match the reverse-buy trend

holy shit
how long until Amazon buys land and sells Amazon condos?

Well done. grats

your filters are sensible, but your starting point is not.

We know on average that momentum provides outsized returns, meaning that in general, its better to buy a stock after it goes up than it is to buy it after it goes down.

You should really just look at the top gainers, not the top losers.

It's not ogre until it is ALL Amazon

>13%
damn, congrats

8$ is the price before last year's big drop
It should be the fair price if AMRS management deivers on their promises

I am long but know that it is risky

>haven't seen stock thread in a while
>check out AMRS upon user's recommendation
>most obvious shitcompany in history
>lol Veeky Forums never change

muhuhuahahahahahahaha

What will the end of the low interest rates do to the stock market prices?

Short of big 5, AMRS has got to be one of the worst stocks ever to be recommended on this thread, and anyone still holding is fucked.

fuck off

Why not SQ? With card payments set to increase enormously around the world in the next decade, are they not a good buy? Even if they only capture a small percentage of the market, they should grow substantially.

>BRK
I was considering that as a way to diversify away from tech, but I feel like there are more interesting things out there to buy.

>ATVI
Their P/E is eye watering and I feel like TTWO makes much more "complete" and higher quality games. With RDR2 coming out this year and likely GTA6 next year, I think they're in for a good run. Why would you choose ATVI over TTWO?