What kind of meat should I replace Octopus with?

What kind of meat should I replace Octopus with?
I love takoyaki but hate the chewy texture of Octopus

Squid

I'd go with shrimp.

You could also use anything with a mild flavor, like pork or chicken.

Also you could still use octopus--just do something to tenderize it first: par-cook it, hit it with a jaccard, score it with a knife, or just chop it up real fine.

>I love fried balls of octopus but has octopus

Haven't you seen Jiro Dreams of Sushi? You gotta massage that fucker for like 12 hours so it's not chewy.

Eel

I wish a hot nigress would massage my cock for 12 hours

why do you love takoyaki if you hate octopus

>I love peanut butter sandwiches but I hate peanut butter
>I love blueberry pie but I have blueberries
>I love hamburgers but I hate ground beef
>I love sundaes but I hate ice cream

It's only chewy if you've fucked up somehow

The Greeks just beat the shit out of it on a rock for a while, then hang it in the sun for a few hours. Their octopus is tender as fuck.

its only chewy if its over cooked or been reheated. at some of the cheaper shops: no sell sunday, sell monday...

would you use raw/cooked or smoked eel?

Shrimp

I'd recommend smoked one simply because I love the taste but both should work just fine

Eel sounds like a good choice

100% Eel and smoked.
Best replacement and really delicious, smoky flavor is just a big plus for the dish as a whole

Also this

But the chewy texture is the best part.

It's what makes eating octopus so much fun.

I fucking love eel, but it sounds like a silly replacement for octopus. The texture and the taste are nothing alike.

...unless OP doesn't give a shit about keeping the food similar....then sure, go fo rit.

I think he actually doesn't, why would you want to make fired octopus balls when you dislike octopus in the first place?

Would like to hear results though