How does Veeky Forums make their chicken tendies? Whenever I try making them half the fucking bread crumbs fall off...

How does Veeky Forums make their chicken tendies? Whenever I try making them half the fucking bread crumbs fall off, and leaves a bunch of chicken exposed.

I've tried dipping them in egg, but oil has yielded conparatively better results thus far.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.
tablespoon.com/recipes/chicken-and-waffle-tenders/72b96a86-6930-4c23-b41f-0d01ed5ecaa1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dip it back into the egg and breadcrumbs for a second layer. I do the same for mozzarella sticks.

I was thinking this. I've done it a few times like that to moderate avail. I'll probably tweak the cooking time and temperature to achieve the desired result, if not frying them instead of baking.

to fry foods you really need a deep fat fryer. just toss them in hot oil. if you try to fry stuff in a pan you just end up damaging the breading, as you said in your OP.

Dip in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.

>grind up pork rinds in the blender
>mix hot sauce with egg
>dip in egg/hot sauce
>roll in pork rind dust
>fry

Keto tendies

you don't use fucking breadcrumbs. do the tendies at popeyes and chick fila look like they were made with breadcrumbs? no they fucking don't, so why are you trying to make yours with them?

Closest thing I do at home:

Slice chicken breast in half horizontally
Dip chicken in beaten egg
Dip chicken in lightly crushed saltine crackers (for big chunky crust)
Fry in deep extra virgin olive oil
Serve with lots of sweet chili sauce and fresh lemon juice

Leaving the saltine crackers in larger pieces means they absorb more oil. Combine this with EVOO means you get a prominent olive oil flavor in the final result. The combination of the EVOO, sweet chili sauce, and lemon juice is absolutely amazing. Still the best fried chicken I have had to this day.

Can be done obviously much cheaper by substituting the EVOO for a cheap oil like canola, but the flavor is really not the same.

Old picture, but directly related.

>deep frying in olive oil
full retard

olive oil works fine for frying

it's the extra virgin part that's full-retard

You're both retarded. I obviously keep a variety of oils around for different uses, and I specifically use extra virgin for this for the flavor.

Evoo smoke point is higher than ideal deep frying temperatures (350-400). What's retarded is deep frying with non neutral oils.

It's simple. Dust the chicken in corn starch before you dip them in egg, making sure the egg is well beaten, then dip them in the bread crumbs. Also make sure your oil is ho enough

you must be doing something wrong, whith breading you dont use bread. like the kfc does you mix all your spices in the flour. and then make another bowl with wet ingrediants egg and buttermilk. when you dip and coat in the flour, shake off the excess then soak in the egg mixture for about 20-30 mins then leave on drying rack while heating canola oil. at 350 use deep frying thermometer to check temperature put in oil, then fry til golden brown turning only once. thats how kfc came up with it in the 40s

Last batch came out exactly like this picture
I coated it in a bunch of spices but I had no taste beyond fried chicken tho

The trick is to Batter, not bread your tendies.

Shut up anti crumber I use crumbs and mine come out great

This
No idea why he said it, it's obviously not true. I made the mistake of trying in olive as a kid, I will never forget the awful taste or the beating I got after

crumbs are shit and deep inside you know it. I bet you put cream in your carbonara too you philistine.

>I bet you put cream in your carbonara too you philistine.

Not guy you were replying to, but I do this. Why is it wrong to?
Also, batter should be used for frying chicken, not breading

Do you brine them?

This is the only fucking person who gave the right answer.

OP the egg doesn't stick to the chicken by itself you need to cover it in corn starch or flour before you dip it in the egg and then whatever breading you choose.

Are you the tendie master?

soak in buttermilk overnight
take straight from buttermilk into seasoned flour, coating all over with the flour
drop directly into hot pot of oil
don't touch until done

i never have breading fall off.

you mean the smoke point is lower than ideal deep frying temperatures. if it were higher it wouldnt smoke at ideal temperatures.

This fucker knows what's up. You don't really need crumb coatings.

>cut chicken to desired shape, as even as possible
>dip in flour
>dip in egg
>dip in seasoned bread crumbs
>either deep or shallow fry (depending on how much you care) in rice bran oil (rapeseed if you're a poorfag) until golden and chicken fully white when cut at the thickest point
>collect GBP

That's literally it. A suburban mom could do it for her 25 year old obese son.

I'm gonna try this.

crumbs are for non-patriots that don't know how to deep fry.

God damnit, someone reply to me!

How is battered chicken not 100x better than stupid breaded chicken!

because nobody wants to eat that chinese tempura shit.

this is an american board. we coat in separate flour and buttermilk in america.

breadcrumbs on tendies and cream in carbonara are both pleb tier shortcuts for people unwilling to put in the tiny bit of effort required to do things properly. the kind of shit you would find in a cookbook for people who can't cook, along with stroganoff that's just beef with cream of mushroom soup.

So basically,

>reeeeeeeeeee, stop liking things I don't like

I like the battered tendies they have at chili's.

like whatever you want but don't pretend it isn't a disgrace to tendies everywhere

Hey nigger I gave that same fucking answer right here so fuck you

Do you like the tendies in the op? Mine where crunchier and just as juicy and i didn't even double coqt

Cornflour.
Fridge for 2 hours.
Egg.
Panko.
Rice bran oil.

The microwave, or an old clothes iron.

Hey, fags. I am the tendies master. I will share my technique just this once. Some of you are close to my level, so listen up.

You must dredge the chicken in flour first (cornstarch may work, but it's for fags). Then it goes into the beaten egg, then into the final seasoned flour. If you want thicker, crunchier breading, use a spray bottle of water and shoot up the bowl of seasoned flour, mixing it up a little until you get the crumb size you desire. There should still be un-wetted flour separating the damp crunchy particles. Don't just roll them in there during the second dredge either. You gotta bury them like a cat turd in sand, and press it down so it comes out like a PayDay looking piece of shit. And don't just put it right into the hot fucking oil. You let it rest on a sheet of foil or something on the counter for at least 15 minutes. You're waiting for all the layers of wet and dry to merge together and become one. When it's ready, the color will be uniform, the chicken will have come up to room temp. Then you fry them. The shit won't fall off. You're welcome.

>to fry foods you really need a deep fat fryer.
you dumb nigger

sounds good

dubs checked.

cornstarch yields a crispier more efficient skin user
u fucking fag

>this is an american board

The servers might be located in LA but it's a Japanese image board owned by a Japanese man.
Let it go.

>that setup..

I..I don't even..

I always tempura then bread crumb 'em.

Chicken tendies are immature and unhealthy, they're just fat and carbs. You should have a breaded chicken sandwich instead, it's more nutritious.

How is it just fat & carbs?
Chicken is mostly protein and adding carbs in form of breading & flour doesn't add any fat.

Only fat you're adding is from the egg yolk & the residual oil.

>Veeky Forums is ACTUALLY DEFENDING CHICKEN TENDIES NOW
I just... I'm done
This board is dead to me now

>make retarded post
>corrected
>oh geez wow im so done with this board

I do a soak in egg, buttermilk, and hot sauce.
The flour is seasoned as well.
Then I deep fry till done
Taste like popeyes

I don't know cos my mummy makes them for me.
If she doesn't want to I'll tell her I'm gonna make a big poopy!
That'll show her.

i'm considering mixing gluten and nutritional yeast and a little bit of poultry seasoning and garlic powder and onion powder, and msg then mixing to form into nuggets. Then using no chicken base (vegan) to simmer it for 45 minutes and then coating in this chipotle mustard i made and covering it in flour that has been mixed with black pepper, cayenne, smoked paprika. Pan frying it on each side for 4 minutes. Optionally i'll probably end up taking that and then coating it in some buffalo sauce and baking it for about 15 minutes. If not that last step then i would serve with some of that chipotle mustard. Has anyone here ever made vegan nuggers?

hey guys the poultry seasoning already has rosemary, but i'm considering adding more. Do you think this will make it any better? I like gluten, gmos, and msg so i don't care about any of that.

Make KFC tendies

No.

ok thanks

No problem! :)

youtu. be/qlqlfebEV_Y
I've made this guy's sesame chicken recipe and it is actually really good. He makes one change from what is said in the video but other than that its pretty accurate. Wish I had a picture.
Keep in mind you'll need about 3 hours. Maybe less bc you're probably better in the kitchen than me

Seniority achieved & chek'd

do you think i could use a little sesame oil when frying or would that be off?

don't fucking do that user are you retarded

ok i won't thanks

Kek I gathered the same vibe.
I feel like going you whole foods and buying organic noodles and pasta sauce, not putting anything else in it then posting on Facebook about the organic meal they just had is more of an abomination.
Then again I've never been to a tendie convention so I might just be a normie

>triggered
nobody wants your tempura chicken shit. we're not talking about that.

pretty much. when I say buttermilk, i mean butttermilk with a shitload of the chipotle flavor tobasco sauce in it so it's orange. I also throw some salt and maybe garlic powder in.

Quick question. Non american here

What is buttermilk?
Here in spain if we fry we use eggs if anything.

A thicker soured milk.

I hate it when asshole posts get such good digits

originally it was the liquid remaining after churning butter, but most of what you buy now is just milk with a bacteria culture added to make it sour.

I hate when people don't give tendies the respect they deserve

Thank, tendies master

>bread crumbs
no bread crumbs,double dredge in flour

1) coat in flour
2) dip in seasoned milk egg mixture, this gives you a sticks as fuck surface
3) apply breading
4) fry

spectacular waste of quads.

asshurt breadcrumb pleb detected

No breadcrumbs.

Marinate chicken breasts cut into strips in buttermilk, with some garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper.

Get a big bowl. Add flour, a little baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika. Add a little buttermilk. Not a ton, just enough to make the mixture a little crumbly. Dip your marinated chicken in this mix, press to make sure it's nice and coated.

Fry them motherfuckers up.

10/10 tendies, guaranteed.

>try making tendies
>every time undercook half of the chicken and either end up throwing it away or burning the outside to get the inside cooked

Just make them thinner.

lower your oil temp u fucking faggot

Have you tried layering twice, freeze, layer again and then fast fry>?

all bread is is carbs, so how in the fuck is a chicken sandwuch anymore healthy then breaded chicken you fucking failed abortion?

I use egg beaten in with whole milk, leave em sit for a few minutes, then roll in flour with pepper, salt, and seasonings. Let that sit for a while, roll em around every now and then, then drop em in the frying basket.

I have a fryer and it makes things a lot easier, but a pot and a frying thermometer works plenty well.

Peanut oil is where it's at man.

Battered is nice but for some reason I never thought to make it myself. Going to try next time. Still like breaded better usually.

More rosemary is always good. Always.

Picture is my latest batch.

Buttermilk dredge. Flour thats seasoned with salt and pepper. Fry for like 5 minutes at 350 degrees. If you manage to fuck that up you should probably just kill yourself.

>baking powder

NO. Why the fuck would you feel the need to add that?!

Use fried onions

I usually coat them in flour, dip in eggs, then coat in finely crushed Doritos. Works well in the oven and in the fryer.

Mix 100ml buttermilk and 1 egg together and dip them in flour once. Dip it in the egg and milk mix and then dip it back into the flour.

No need to ever visit KFC.

>not marinating your chicken beforehand
>not using a wet batter consisting of flour, potato starch, and beer

thanks! i was but mine was with vegan chicken, is your opinion the same?

OH MAN. I used to do ghetto shit like this!!

???
I do it with my fried potatoes all the time and it's fine??

I did when I worked in a restaurant.

Sometimes I use pancake batter.

Oh my god, speak for yourself. I fucking love tempura.

>You gotta bury them like a cat turd in sand, and press it down so it comes out like a PayDay looking piece of shit.
good lord.

Egg
Flour
Egg
Breading
Deep fry

For chicken? Could be good I guess. Like breakfast chicken.

This was fucking delicious by the way.

It's more like chicken and waffles. I was thinking for trying this with my Shadowrun group this weekend.
tablespoon.com/recipes/chicken-and-waffle-tenders/72b96a86-6930-4c23-b41f-0d01ed5ecaa1