Pears worth it?

What do you guys think of this fad? They seem to cost about 200% more than normal apples, and they turn brown faster.

Is there an actual point to these?

When I had braces, I could scoop a spoon into them and eat the flesh that way. I couldn't do that with apples.

>than normal apples

Can we force 'comparing Apples to Pears 'as a new Veeky Forums maymay

It's the same guy that posts the lime threads trying to push this shit.

I found them slimy and gross when I was younger, but as my palate matured I discovered how much I can handle them. They remind me of craft beer, vs normal beer

cant do this with an apple and have it taste as good

Who are you quoting

Comments like this make me irrationally angry

>let's take a hipster Apple out of a can and put it in a fuck huge bowl with a tiny scoop of ice cream
Looks like something a rich faggot would pay $12 for

wrong and it costs probably less than a dollar to make

Because you still crave sweets like a child?

>out of a can

What?

I was expecting a reply that made no sense, thanks for delivering so quickly....

I hate sweets

actually real men eat sweets. especially artificial strawberry ones. every rich guy ive met. VP of engineering companies rich, loves sweets.

>cultivated for thousands of years
>fad

Yeah, ok.

Well, at least you didn't call it a meme, so there's that I guess.

So are we just going to keep ignoring the fact that OP thinks pears are apples?

Someone who can't figure out catalogs was looking for this

>2016
>falling for the pear meme

that's not a pear it's a tree apple

I tried to just buy one pear but appearantly thats not allowed so I went and got a pear of pears but as I was prepearing to check out something appeared behind me in my pearipheral vision, surprised I found several pear of spearows pearing off in groups of two eating spearmint but just as soon disappearing. I went to ask the pear of grocery store officials but they just said it was appearantly an appearation and that really there were just two pearls on the ground shining brightly with their pearlescence. So i grabbed my pears and went home. don't worry I'll spear you the rest of the details.

They're also fucking good eaten with cheese.

Apples aren't pears

We call pears "cuck apples" here in the real America
Only middle aged women eat them

My dad has a pear tree. They do taste similar to apples but too hard and grainy to just snack on. They are very perfume-y though, so the juice is delicious and smells good (pear perfumes are one of my favorites) I never really heard of any pear desserts though or any popular dish that uses pear. I wouldn't buy them either OP.

We call eskimexicans wankers here in the real first world.

>fad
I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you live under a rock where pears never existed until recently? They're a pretty common summer fruit in much of the world. Pears are fucking delicious, and if you live in a place in the northern hemisphere where they grow they're either in season now or are about to be.

Comparing them to apples is silly. Apples can be sturdy, making them easy to ship and store. While they're best in season they are available year round. Pears are far more fragile, so they're only worth bothering with in season. Which for many of us is now. If you live in a place where they do not grow they're probably not worth bothering with.