Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_airports_by_passenger_traffic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes except Nashville

like everywhere in the US.

Not really but most of it is.

Do planes fly over it?

>everyone flyover except Antarctica

Way to progress feminism bro. Feel ashamed.

excuse me texas is not the south

Gulf Coast is flyover. Florida is it's own category.

Historically where in the South has been a major cosmopolitan center other than NOLA, which is now just a shadow of its former self? And that's because we fly now instead of using boats as much.

Does Atlanta get a pass because your flights often connect there?

Every state and country in Europe and North America is flyover. White people 'cuisine' is a joke.

Florida has all the bad qualities of flyover and coastal with none of the good

Texas isn't the south, it's the southwest. Same family as new Mexico and Arizona.

For food no

I've never been to the USA but Texans although heavily accented seem much less inbred than other southern states.

Texas is hardly like the deep south, except some of the far eastern towns near Louisiana. I'm from there and am familiar with the south. I think Texas is more like new Mexico and Arizona, it's a southwestern state.

I could also sort of throw Oklahoma in that group. It isn't technically the southwest since it doesn't border Mexico but it's basically Texas lite. Not much like the deep south.

The parts of the South that are technically flyover are less flyover than the flyover parts of the mid-West; the the parts of the South that think they aren't flyover are much more flyover than the parts of the mid-West that think they aren't flyover.

tl;dr - yes, the South is flyover as fuck.

Baltimore. But that's only marginally south.

South isn't cosmopolitan because of its history int he 19th century. Breed slaves, sell slaves to expanding plantations. Cotton was a bulk good that held up well in transit, so didn't need to build up the infrastructure to connect regions like you did in the North where grain needed to get to market or otherwise be turned into Liqour.

Immigrants weren't welcome, because the poor labour was already being done by slaves. Nor could they get access to land to farm, since the plantation barons had strict control over it. It might make you curious why all the big mills were in the north for processing cotton that wasn't exported, that was because the infastructure issue. The only good transport for the south was the Mississippi river to NOLA. Which is why it was the only urban center. Richmond was alright too, before the war. It had a budding Cigarette industry but the war destroyed that.

I always found Atlanta to be much more of a city than NOLA. People like to shit on the south but nowhere else will you find culture, hospitality and god-tier small cities with low cost of living. But nah go ahead, keep chasing soulless, expensive, ultra liberal coastal hell holes. MUCH better than the south.

cant tell if bait or just stupid

not that guy, but texas and oklahoma are not the south.

Dallas and Houston, if you count them. Both are huge as fuck.

>The parts of the South that are technically flyover are less flyover than the flyover parts of the mid-West
Georgia and most of Alabama are pretty bad. South Carolina ain't not great shakes. Then you have West Virginia and Mississippi, which really scrape the bottom of the barrel. And after that there's Florida and Louisiana, with both do well in terms of food, but are two of the most fucked up places in the country.
>the South is flyover as fuck.
In a competition with the Midwest the South isn't going to come off all that well. So yeah, you're right.

Atlanta is the capital of the South. Anyone who disagrees has never lived there before.

Every cuisine in the world is represented there.

>In a competition with the Midwest the South isn't going to come off all that well. So yeah, you're right.

Why? The Midwest seems awful.

Bruhs...

>States that literally you never fly over

>r they flyover guise??

Reminder that Florida is More Relevant Than, And Superior To, New York

>he is an urban cuckold living in a non-white infested insanely overpriced tiny shithole

Exactly. Such rubbish. With your water chili topped with cold processed cheese. and your fried cheese curds and burgers stuffed with processed cheese. Yeesh, the stereotypical American image came from the Midwest I'll give you that.

>but are two of the most fucked up places in the country.
meme spread by people bitter about their shit snowy cold weather living in irrelevant states with nothing to do and nothing going on.

I've heard that Charleston and Savannah are pretty good. Idk living in FL I love some things about the South, but if we're being honest here the vast majority of it fucking sucks outside of metropolitan areas.

>I have no identity outside of a big city

having lived in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Georgia, I can agree that "the south" IN GENERAL is fucking flyover as fuck.

However, Atlanta has one of the worlds largest and busiest airports. it hosted the summer olympics in '96 which is something that very few other cities in the us can claim. It is host to Georgia tech, which is a destination for many engineers interested in top 5 rated schools in the world for several academic pursuits, and the school can boast that it is a destination for students from hundreds of countries. It is the WORLD HEAD QUARTERS for coke, home depot, UPS, and delta, as well as 14 other fortune 500 companies - making it a destination for hundreds of thousands of employees of those companies. Bon apetit said the number one restaurant of the year this year was in ATL. Atlanta also has one of only 2 aquariums in the work with a tank large enough to hop whale sharks, can you say that whale sharks call your city a destination, or would whale sharks have to fly over your city? We invented chicken and waffles and east coast rap would be shit without ATL.

I live in ATL and call it home, which makes it a destination for me. Graduated from tech, wife and I make 120k a year a piece working for a couple of the fortune 500s. And housing prices here mean we could afford a 2000 sq ft house in the city, or a 6000 sq ft estate out in the burbs. Its a fucking fantastic place to live, work, and play and many trolls will call it flyover, but ATL is a fucking destination for many reasons.

The rest of the south is just red state retardation.

Veeky Forums has a fair amount of leftist/SJW cucks living in urban shitholes who attempt to justify their existence by pointing to some shitty minorities and the food they make in their town and by calling anyone who doesn't live in the concrete jungle of NY or rampant cesspools of california "flyovers"

There's a reason Texas is The New California and Florida is The New New York

Gonna be a harsh awakening to these millennial nu-male cuckolds

>one of
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_airports_by_passenger_traffic

don't feel too bad, it blew my mind when i found out ATL was #1 by far

>HE DOESN'T FLY THROUGH ATL

my
FUCKING
GIGASIDES

enjoy your SHIT TIER AIRPORT

>Florida
>new New York
I'll give you the Texas one cause Texas is pretty poppin but Florida ain't shit.

Doesn't make up for the fact that it's hopelessly infested with cracked out niggers. Good try though, really.

Check out state pops sometime kiddo

enjoy your state income tax and shitty cold, snowy weather

>ATL is bad because of minorities

>oh but NYC and California don't have any minorities tho ;^) all whites all the time

MAXIMUM COGNITIVE DISSONANCE

Idk about all that other stuff but ATL absolutely ruined hip hop culture so fuck off with that. Their most famous rapper of recent times is T.I. and he's not even that great.

t. nigger

Every time I fly out of ATL which is like 3-5 times a year I like to play a little game called "count the white employees" and I like never get into the double digits. Which is funny cause the ATL airport is by far the best mother fuckin' air port I've ever been through.

I try not to overplay the airport numbers because it is number 1 by some metrics, but truth be told there are a shit ton of connecting flights. It is still one of the worlds most busy airports for DESTINATION arrivals, but not #1 by that metric.

hey buddy

you know what matters 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x more than the color of the employees at an aiport

the layout of an airport

ATL is literally the only fucking airport in the world that does it right

that fucking plane train lad
that copy pasta'd 7 times layout

fucking brilliant

they are literal gods for doing something so simple because NOBODY FUCKING ELSE DOES IT

granted i never have to actually go through ATL security but still

NOLA isn't a big city at all. The only legit big city is ATL. Several other cities are all much bigger than NOLA, but not really cosmopolitan, although I'm not sure even ATL can claim that.

Although there's Houston and Dallas, which are quite big. If you like really strict, nuanced definitions, you can argue Texas isn't in the South, but it also arguably is.

And yeah, NOLA is a shithole. Fun place to party, and the food is some of the best in the country, but living there would be terrible unless you are retarded.

Actually I live in New Hampshire senpai but enjoy your alligator hurricanes, Zika, and every other shitty thing that comes with Florida.

>texas
>south

West Texas is arguably Southwest, but east Texas has more in common with places like Louisiana and Georgia.

>NH doesn't have income tax
>NH doesn't have shitty cold weather

face it you're most of the bad things about NY with none of the good

at least you're not a shitty overpriced concrete jungle full of minorities tho

flyover threads are the best Veeky Forums threads

I like big cities, but doesn't ATL have pretty bad crime/poverty/black people problems, even compared to a lot of other large US cities?

Just stay north of north avenue. The police literally shoot Negros on site just for being negros if they wander out of their containment zones.

Their are several areas in the northern part of the city that are fucking fantastic, no matter how KKK you are. The more expensive parts, but still just as good as, and half the price of a place like NY or LA, and lets be honest... There aren't nasty cracked out negros in other cities?

Atl does it way better than black midwestern cities so who cares?

>flarda
>flyover

The interesting thing about Florida is that the ONLY reason it isn't fly over, is that it is surrounded by water on three sides, which means no one really ever needs to fly OVER it. But its still flyover as fuck.

Texas used to be the best way to trigger urbanites

Is Florida the new up and comer?

I'm not shitting on the South. It's a double edged sword. Most of what's good and interesting about American culture (and cuisine) comes from there. But most of what remains fucked up about American culture is deeply rooted there as well.

I remain a NOLA fan, with some love for Hotlanta as well. And Music City, USA. And Memphis, for that matter. But I think we're still a few generations from the bad stuff being mostly a memory, and I hope people are clever enough to keep what's great about it from disappearing along with it.

>The Midwest seems awful.
I've spent a bunch of time in both. The South and the Midwest require their own set of blinders to appreciate.
Cute, but no.
I'd say NOLA is both one of the most culturally important places in the country and one of the most fucked up. Sad that it had to work out that way.

Are Italians white?

>Delaware and Maryland in the South
Nigga please

Of course not

I was mostly joking, I thought Atlanta was neat. It definitely feels like a real city. I didn't get to do anything fun though, I only really saw the niggest south side. I was in conley, forest park, and stock bridge. Stock bridge aint bad.

Texas isn't the south or the south west or the west. Texas is Texas. Everyone else can fuck off.

Most of it is. Exceptions would be places like Austin (the rest of TX is shit), Miami, Palm Beach, Atlanta, NO, Nashville, I guess that's about it. Still not nearly as fucking shit and boring as the Midwest.

>using leftist/cuck unironically

No, not really. It's pretty cuisine - centric, except once you get further inland, then it gets much more flyover style.

How is this Veeky Forums? Does this board not have janitors?

Found the stupid, low IQ hipster douche.
You don't know much of anything, child.

Regional cuisine is more Veeky Forums than e-celebs and fast food, to be honest.

everything but texas is flyover.
nashville is literally in the center of ops pic.

But the OP isn't about cuisine.

Its implied and would be well understood as such by anyone who had been here more 12 minutes.

Welcome to /ck.

As a non-American, if you take Texas out, the rest of the states minus Florida will be flyover land as many tourists will visit Florida, but to get there they will fly from New York/LA. Possible exception given to New Orleans. i have never met anyone that's been to Atlanta including Americans (or at least none that will admit it).

>As a non-American

texas couldnt get more south if it wasnt for the florida keys. The want to secede to, but nobody gives a fuck about them either.

at least they arent Mexico touchers.

As an American, the only places anyone ever visits in Florida are Miami and Orlando, and in Orlando they don't leave the resorts. Other than that maybe people will venture to Key West or Cape Canaveral; if they don't have friends or family in the state those tiny, non-representative pockets are the extent of what people do in Florida. Hence, overall the state is flyover as fuck, akin to Nevada, which nobody goes to outside of Vegas.

How many people tour upstate New York?

Having those things makes the state relevant as a whole. Don't break it down to muh microregions.

Great comment! Teach me your genius ways

East Texas is redneck as fuck.

+1

Oh, I fucking know. I'm a white guy and don't suck dicks and I'll still carry around some towns over there. It isn't (black) niggers I'm worried about.

>including miami in this

The south is the North American version of the Balkans. They're 20 years behind normal life, they're profoundly racist because they're essentially ape like and they don't deserve the 30% gift of federal funds to keep their undeveloped land from falling behind. They're so welfare, they redefine the welfare state.

Found the damn Yankee.

I thought the same thing. If you use the retarded argument that no one ever flies anywhere to visit the surrounding areas of a city, then all cities, even new York, become fly over and you'd literally have to have a time square address, or live at a tourist destination to not be flyover. So congrats, you aren't fly over, but you live in a museum, an aquarium, a stadium, a monument, a state park... Who wants to live in any of these places? Hipsters that think renovating old fire stations is cool? Dont cross the beams fools.

The flyover meme was played out long ago , but people keep making these shitty threads.

It is fairly true that there are literally no destination locations in some states though. Alabama, Mississippi, and the entire Midwest are just vast wastelands with no redeeming features or places worth travelling to unless you are literally trying to get away from civilization.

Objectively, the same cannot be said for Texas, Georgia, Florida because there are good reasons to go there. attractions, restaurants, good economies.

Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Miami all have GDP in the top 12 of us cities (4,5,10,and 12) with Dallas being number 4 above many other cities that east and west coast snobs would think of as destination instead of flyover. This puts these cities way above the ranks of the next southern cities on mthe list which are Miami (another Florida city) and Kansas which comes in at number 28. Both Florida and Texas have multiple cities with GDP in the top 25. Technically new York state itself only has one city with a gdp in the top 50.

By that metric so is New York, as no one really visits anyplace other than NYC, and California outside LA, San Fran, and wine country.

If only you could actually learn, tsk tsk......
Bless your heart......

>nashville is literally in the center of ops pic

Literally not knowing what flyover means

>they're profoundly racist because they're essentially ape like

I'll just sit here and wait for you to become self aware and have a single introspective thought. Which is fucking unbelievable given this person is actually posting on Veeky Forums - the home of introspective autists.

No, you people are undereducated, left back people. Eating federal aid. These are empty garbage people that might produce 3000 dollars of product in their life.

>no one really visits anyplace other than NYC, and California outside LA, San Fran, and wine country

1) That's objectively not true.
2) Even if that were true, that's completely different than only visiting the tiny little city of Miami and fucking Disney World.

You don't really analyse much, do you? Value is created on the coasts and absorbed by the dull middle and the hot filthy middle. Shipping product and the tech sector you dull boring asshole. It's like talking to cement these days.

Florida, Texas, and Georgia are still looking pretty good on those lists bro.

>liberals run and govern on high taxes
>be surprised when they pay more in taxes

And this is why most leftists don't understand how the economy works. It's not a zero sum game, and the more capital in play expands the pie.

>literally "no you!"

You have no idea of what you speak.
The South is 9999999 times more intrinsic to the American experience, regardless of the density of welfare queens, which is sheer number crunching. There were an average of 1 shooting every 30 minutes in Chicago this past weekend, so how does that fare to you?
The American South is chock full of important culture, traditions, cuisine, and heritage, and you can easily find it without going through the 9th ward, the alleys of Savanah, or anywhere below the panhandle of Florida, if you're not an ignorant snob, like yourself. Get educated.

This fag is mad jelly of our cheap housing prices and big gdp in some southern states that challenge his world view.

Enjoy your rent controlled apartment and never actually owning anything Chet. Keep wage slaving.

>The South is 9999999
checked!

I was born in Dallas and grew up there. Went to Houston all the time. But i never realized how shitty they were until I started traveling when I got older. They are the epitome of the cocaine and boob job crowd. Without class or unique culture, both cities boring as hell, and the surrounding areas the definition of completely soulless suburban sprawl. I remember when my family first took a vacation out of state to Oregon it really opened my eyes to how ugly Dallas and Houston are. Houston is really some weird industrial dystopia of terrible architecture. How Austin managed to get it right is a real mystery. And i haven't even mentioned the extreme humidity and heat yet! I'm just so glad I got out of there when i graduated. When I go to visit my parents there it makes me sad to see my little sister still stuck there and I've promised to get her out as soon as I can. She's too smart to be stuck in such a shitty place. GDP be damned, the place stinks!

Same. Spent 25 years in Dallas and got the fuck out as soon as I had the dime to do so. I live in Washington state now and couldn't be happier. All 4 seasons, beautiful forests and lakes, widespread access to the freshest seafood in the country... too many amazing things to speak of. Fuck Texas, fuck the south and really fuck the east coast. Gross.

florida is not much like the rest of the south, we have tons of people from the NE here plus a bunch of Hispanics instead of mostly blacks. the boomers have been dying off and florida has been developing it's own culture. I have many locally owned choices for almost any cuisine here in Orlando and we also attract all the best regional chains as well due to the theme parks and shit.

>Be me
>Live in south whole life
>Atlanta has a 400 billion dollar GDP per year
>have 700k in savings at age 35
>house paid off
>own 3 cars
>swimming pool.exe
>see this retarded post
>garbage people
>empty
>3000 total life production
>mfw