Favorite foods from a culture or philosophy you identify with. Veeky Forums food idea potluck

Favorite foods from a culture or philosophy you identify with. Veeky Forums food idea potluck.
I'll start:

>Wiccan
>It's usually pretty simple stuff
>Generic red juice for rituals (e.g. pomegranate, cranberry, grape, maybe sparkling)
>Moon cakes (basically shortbread-type cookies)
>Mulled cider
>Herbed bread
>Salad with edible flowers in it
>Crockpot lentil-cheese-egg "meatballs" flavored with onion soup mix (these are my contribution) - or some other hearty stewed entree
>Floral water infusion - roots, twigs, bark, leaves, flowers made into sun tea or moon tea, maybe with crystals added

What's yours?

>Christian
>It's pretty heretical stuff
>Wiccan on a stake
>Bonfire

There's wiccan. Then there's this faggot.

Since when did ancient pagans, centred around sacrificial rituals and multiple gods become flowermunching vegan circlejerking douchebags?

Unknown. I found the religion when I finally admitted to myself that the Bible contradicted itself and I couldn't live with that. Blame it on all the Ayn Rand I was reading. That said modern Wicca is definitely a New Age phenomenon. Just fits me, really. Ironically I learned that Jesus isn't bad through Wicca, and decided to consider Him to be my friend. Wonder if I'd look like a charred kebab if I got burned at the stake?

Come on, what's your favorite foods from you guys's cultures? Don't be shy!

When Gardner decided he needed a validation for his extramarital affair and gave thelema/golden dawn a pseudo Celtic glaze based on rejected pseudo history.

Hmmm, that explains a lot. There's actually a lot about the Craft that I don't subscribe to/that I think is just plain NOT good. I'm not a fan of Gardner; read his work once and was thoroughly creeped out.

So peasant food?

I culturally identify as a Japanese person, so I mostly eat Sapporo Ichiban ramen (the premium stuff) and pocky

3/10

I culturally identify as an afro-american so I mostly eat fried chicken, hot sauce and fried pork intestines.

>(((ayn rand))) cultivated your spiritual views about christendom

you're fucking stupid

Pic related, u should get to work on it.

I enjoy Graham crackers and corn flakes because they help me control my lustful urges and prevent me from becoming a carnal sinner.

I used to go on holiday with my parents every other year to Turkey and my dad moved there when I was 10, so I grew up eating a lot of turkish cuisine

>pic related: chicken pudding
>baklava
>cheese pides
>that weird turkish ice cream
>chai tea
>turkish delight
>those really dense bakery biscuit cake things

Sadly now the political climate is bad there I can't visit until at least next year :^(

>fundie Christian
>naan/tortilla/unleavened bread
> well prepared beef fish or lamb
>prepared using no alcohol besides vinegars
I'm breddy cozy fampai

please tell me more about chicken pudding

Half my mother's family is very observant Byzantine Catholic from Southern Italy. The other half are unobservant Italki Jews from Northeastern Italy. She was raised Byzantine and carried that tradition to what foods I ate growing up. I still generally follow some of those guidelines if only because I don't wanna become an Amerisized tubblord.

For the Apostles' Fast in June, Byzantines eat no meat, dairy or eggs but are allowed fish. During the fast, we also eat no oil on Wednesdays and Fridays. Traditionally, you're expected to keep completely vegan on Wednesdays and Fridays during the fast and were allowed fish the rest of the time, but many die-hard Byzantines keep vegan the whole time.
The same rules apply during Advent (starting 15th November through 24th December) and Greater Lent.

The first two weeks of August are completely vegan and is called the Dormition fast. It starts on the Day of Procession of the Precious Wood of the Life-giving Cross of Jesus Christ, 1st August and ends the 14th, the day before the Assumption.

On the 29th, nothing is to be eaten that requires a knife to prepare or which is head-like in shape or which is eaten on a flat plate in remembrance of the beheading of St. John the Baptist (head-like = St. John the Baptist's head, knife = sword with which to behead him and plate = silver platter on which his head was presented). No eating from sun-up to sun-down that day. Vegan food is eaten for dinner, with vegetable soup with broken spaghetti being traditional in my family. My mother used to just scrub some carrots clean, wash some celery and scallions and toss them all in the pot.

There are other, minor cultural things, like not eating more than one meal with meat in a day and not eating meat on days we eat beans.

The hyper religious keep vegan about a quarter of the year. The only other Christian groups with more vegan eating than us are Copts and Ethiopian Orthodox, who keep vegan 55% and 60% of the year, respectively.

>On the 29th, nothing is to be eaten that requires a knife to prepare or which is head-like in shape or which is eaten on a flat plate

Gee, for one whole day too? Sounds tough.

Oh, and as for favourite foods, all the various vegan pasta dishes we eat during fasts. Except for Wednesdays and Fridays. On those days, we eat a LOT of fruits and nuts. Fruit salad is commonly consumed as a meal. Ours is made with blood orange juice, sugar and various fruits. We'd add vermouth, but alcohol is forbidden during high fast days.

Cereal it is.

You'd be surprised how difficult it is to eat that day. You can't cut bread, and if you do eat bread at all, it has to be a long loaf rather than a boule. Fruits are generally forbidden because they're almost all head-shaped as are onions, cabbages, turnips, beetroots, potatoes etc.
Carrots, celery and scallions are pretty much all that's allowed and bread has to be torn by hand. And it has to be vegan. Come sun-up on the 30th, we're at each other's throats.

>Reads ayn rand
>Becomes a hippie
How? Literally how?

No dairy. Also beans are forbidden that day, so no soy milk. I'd guess almonds and almond milk would be, too, because green almonds are head-shaped. I know walnuts and hazelnuts are forbidden that day, but I think cashews are fine.
See? Way more difficult than you might think.

It would really suck too if someone in your family was born with a long, deformed skull.

>Cyrenaic
I guess Greek food?

It's got minimal actual chicken in it iirc. tastes more vanilla/milky than anything, I genuinely didn't know it had chicken in till my dad told me.

Ancient Pagans? Hardly ever but Wiccans aren't really a continuation of anything ancient so much a synthesis of popular Christian morality, Celtic Symbolism, and new age bladdy-blah.

Is that cinnamon on top? What is the texture like? I have so many questions... Maybe its called chicken pudding because it looks like chicken breast?

It has chicken cooked in it, you just can't taste it. The texture is kind of thick and a bit sticky?? And yep, it's cinnamon.

I'm half French and I love playing it up. The most god tier breakfast is slices of baguette with butter & jam served with a big bowl of milk coffee (you dip it in), with the bread fresh from a local boulangerie.
I'm also fond of the general principle of cooking with butter & garlic whenever possible. Love making simple vegetable recipes like ratatouille with a fuck ton of garlic

>Wiccan
>Useful idiot of the CIA
FTFY

This
Overthrow pope cucksis and burn the heretics at the stake

7th generation Californian

>wild rice
>artichokes
>salmon
>olives
>dates for dessert

>no other christians besides catholics exist