The fuck is root beer

the fuck is root beer

good.

had it once as a kid

was so disappointed when it turned out to taste like toothpaste or somekind of cough medicine.

the fuck is mtn dew

>is
IDK, it used to contain safrole, but Ed Meese [or insert the name of similarly insufferable authoritarian shit-heel here] is a faggot.

a soda that runs out of carbonation in 30 seconds

looks like poison to me.

also notice the caramel; usually comes from wheat so likely has gluten in it.

>$12.95

what

>its a europoors have shit taste episode

Hook line, and sinker. Contest over. Best rootbeer on the planet.

Root beer is a tan sweet beverage traditionally made using the root beer tree sassafras or the vine sarsaparilla as the primary flavor. Root beer may be alcoholic or non-alcoholic, come naturally decaffeinated or have caffeine added, and may be carbonated or non-carbonated. Most root beer has a thick foamy head when poured. Modern, commercially produced root beer is generally sweet, foamy, carbonated, and non-alcoholic, and is flavoured using sassafras.

It rots your teeth and causes root canals

The worst drink I have ever tasted. Tastes exactly like mouthwash

Absolutely fucking vile

>reverse image search OP's image
>click first link
>scroll down
Maybe it's showing .au prices based on importing from the US or something.

Wild Bill's. Mug a & w are abominations. UBC is worse. Stuart's is tolerable so is fitz. None of them can touch wild Bill's

cough medicine. thats what all the aussie folk i gave it to said, it tasted like cough syrup. but they LOVED the koolaid. i could of sold those dolla packages for like 5 bucks each and made mad bank

anyways, in line with thread: What the fuck is /v/. man this drink ruled, leave in in the freezer and turn it every 5-10 minutes till you get a slurry consistency

>slurry consistency

the only thing that could cause that is if it contained enough sugar that ice crystals literally could not form properly. Thats so much sugar you could effectively make icecream out of the stuff.

>What the fuck is /v/
a miserable place without videogames

It's Pepto for me.

Was that a question, OP?

fuck, v ice cream. why did we never think of this

I like it, it's like the modern version of sarsparilla

diet a&w rootbeer is great.

A miserable pile of secrets.

Delicious. Never understood the European hate for it. Sprechers is best

get a root beer float like this and then you will know

soooo good

>likely has gluten in it
bait.

step aside

People hating root beer is by far the most alien thing to me.

This shouldn't make me as upset as it does.

There are more shitty root beers than good ones and it's generally foreign to non-burgers, so it's naturally going to end up with a mixed reputation abroad.

This. I had my first taste with A&W last year and I honestly thought the same. Disgusting.

Top Tier

This. I've never met a person who doesn't like root beer. It's very odd

But still nobody answered what the fuck is root beer.

I mean really, what is it? Are we talking about sobe weird ass beverage that tastes kinda like beer? An actual beer?

Like, definitions please.

Soda user.
It's soda, don't let any of these beetus ridden cretins tell you otherwise.

Root beer is a tan sweet beverage traditionally made using the root beer tree Sassafras albidum (sassafras) or the vine Smilax ornata (sarsaparilla) as the primary flavor. Root beer may be alcoholic or non-alcoholic, come naturally decaffeinated or have caffeine added, and may be carbonated or non-carbonated. Most root beer has a thick foamy head when poured. Modern, commercially produced root beer is generally sweet, foamy, carbonated, and non-alcoholic, and is flavoured using sassafras.

Awful, terrible shit.
Taste like these disgusting, chalky nightmares.
Fuck these, fuck root beer, and fuck the people that claim to enjoy them.

root beer is everything birch beer isn't
>>birch beer master race reporting

I literally have no clue what you are talking about.

What about Spruce beer?

That's any meme double or triple IPA.
TASTES LIKE PINE SOL
MUH IBUz NIGGA

Europeans. They associate the taste of root beer with toothpaste and other dental products.

came here to post this

Root beer is shit, cream soda all the way

I like both.

OP said Root Beer, not Dr. Pepper.

How can somebody's tongue be this retarded?

>What is Veeky Forums
a miserable pile of hamburgers

>41 posts and 11 image replies omitted.

Not a single fucking mention of IBC Root Beer either.

What is wrong with you people?

Nor Sioux City Sarsaparilla master-race

I can taste it in my brain just from looking at the can

>there are people who dislike the taste of root beer
I bet you fuckers hate ginger ale as well

Shit root beer, like that, is like most low-tier soda: carbonated water with HFCS, color, and artificial flavor.

Decent root beer is a (generally) sweet brewed drink flavored with woody spices (primarily sassafras and sarsaparilla , but also often anise, clove, cinnamon, vanilla, and wintergreen, among others).

Weird. I hated it as a kid and liked it as I got older. Anyone else like this?

can you name a product it tastes like

Root beer is fucking disgusting. Taste like some cheap cough medicine or something among those lines.

>root beer is everything birch beer isn't
good?

Do they flavor cough medicine with sassafras and anise in Europe or something? That would probably be better than the shitty grape and cherry flavors we have.

Man, you're just better off buying sarsparilla soda for the most part. Things like Mug or Barq's are just imitations.

You are an idiot. Bottled water turns to slush when you open it if you get the temperature just right.

Beer made from roots.

isnt sarsaparilla illegal to include in a beverage?

This. To me it just tastes like listerine mouth wash. I really tried to like it when i was in the US but just couldn't.

WTF is this cough medicine meme?
Tastes nothing like cough medicine, it's fucking delicious.

in yurop, medicines often have a root beer-like flavor, whereas in america they often have a mint flavor

I paid 40 dollars for some Rice Krispies Treats cereal since it hasn't been available in Canada for 20 years. Importing food is damn expensive.
Root Beer floats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cola floats
pic related is God Teir

Not sure, the batch I got as a gift had the following ingredients: Made with Sarsaparilla, birch root, wintergreen, ginger, wild cherry bark, licorice and fresh spring water

IBC is shit

>whereas in america they often have a mint flavor

fuck right off, i've never had a minty medicine, they all get bullshit cherry-ish

it's that other pepsi.

Yeah fuck cherry. That's the biggest medicine association I have as a burger

you are fucking lucky men, most of people in russia can't drink with beer!

Canadumb here, Its all cherry flavoured here too.
Gets gross when I'm trying to do some DMT

yuropoors detected

Go Shart in a Mart, fatty.

nice taste

PA user reporting in. Birch Beer is one of the few sodas I'll drink. It is the best. It's also fun to watch it get made, I know the Kutztown Folk Festival does that.

The flavor varies considerably, but a lot of better brands are reminiscent of a spicier black licorice.

What in God's name is a cola float? Can you leafposters do nothing right?

The highest folder in the beer partition.

I thought it was a regular thing.
Like I said, rootbeer floats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cola floats

I assume it pairs nicely with ketchup chips.

so it's like bitter sweet soda

I hate ketchup chips.
Only flavour I like is pic related.

>episode
mouthwash? What the fuck are you talking about? Rootbeer is my favorite beverage and its not even close.

You have never experienced volatile soda until you've purchased a 2 liter bottle of this shit right here.
Only available in North Carolina as far as I know.

>all these people complaining that root beer tastes like toothpaste and such
>not one of them has drunk real root beer like pic related instead of "root beer" flavoured water like mug and A&W

Barq's is the best out of all the shit tier sodas
like A&W or Mug

It's illegal to use sassafras in mass-produced foods, so you can't get the real thing unless you go microbrew.

Its because you never had it as a kid.
Think about it.

I loved it as a kid but ever since I left the US (24 years ago) I cant stand it, which is odd because it tastes like childhood yet dental shit just like Europeans. I'm Brazilian but grew up in CA, Calabasas.

>Britbong
>love root beer
>easily my favourite fizzy drink bar lager
>really hard to find
>only reliably found one is trash tier carters
>reminisce about visiting Canada and chugging mug after frosty mug of A&W
>friend gets me a bottle of Virgils and I nearly cream me knicks
>with dark rum it's goat
>mfw people say they don't like root beer around me

But why?

I love it. Shame it's so hard to come by in the UK.

I'm American and I wish cough syrup and mouthwash tasted like root beer desu. Maybe I could order some European root beer mouthwash online. What's the most root beer-y mouthwash, eurobros?

the fda claims it causes cancer

iktf

The only way I can buy rootbeer where I live is to order it from those US food import sites.

in europe they flavor medicines differently, it's a common complaint for europeans who try root beer.

>Only available in North Carolina as far as I know.

It's available everywhere. You can find them in any grocery store. I live in Florida and have gone through Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Carolinas and Virginia and was able to buy a twelve pack at a Walmart

I like quality root beer from time to time.

Also:
>cola made with kola nut
>ginger ale made with ginger

Root beer is coke and pepsi mixed together