I have never had potato soup before but it looks wicked easy and sounds delicious

I have never had potato soup before but it looks wicked easy and sounds delicious.

Does Veeky Forums like potato soup?

yes.

Loaded baked potato soup is amazing. It's the best soup.

tends to be heavy and overall I find it lackluster but u do you senpai
I highly recommend making some fried potatoes to put on top when you serve it

Potato and leek soup is very delicious and hearty, particularly on a cold winter day.

>But I prefer french onion

Add leek. Thank me later.

Potatoes are shit, god was just memeing us.

These anons know what's up

>potatos are shit

edgy.

I love it. With some croutons and parmesan. Or a spoonfull cremefraiche in the middle.

well, mosy soups are easy, and this isnt one of the exceptions. You can do a 'loaded' potato soup (like your pic) or potato leek, but added leeks to the former is a waste of time.

Protip, if you decide to blend it, only blend 1/2-2/3rds of it. You still get the nice potato + whatever else flavor in the soupy part, but you still have nice hearty chunks as well.

Also make sure you season it well. Nothing sucks more than underseasoned potato soup.

Are you supposed to put cheddar cheese on top?

i make it at least once a month, my favorite comfort food

I made some for lunch, it was delicious.

I will be making this more often as I need to find ways to get more veggies in my diet. I don't like raw veggies so soups are the best way to go.

Haven't made it yet, but it does sound delicous. I love soups.
My favorites so far are cauliflower soup, and mustard soup.

You can do whatever the fuck you want

Yup. I love mine peppery as hell too

Yes.

Potato soup is fuck easy to make, and there's all kinds of variations of it. It's also god tier when your sick, right behind chicken soup and rice porridge.
My favorite variation of potato soup is Baked Potato Soup. Not only does baking the potatoes first make for a nice fluffy, starchy potato in the soup, but there's so many things you can add to it. I like to start with sauteing mirepoix in bacon or chicken fat, and then add some rich chicken stock (or turkey stock if I have it in the freezer), fresh thyme, bay leaf, and let all that simmer for about 30 minutes, then add the baked and scooped out potatoes, bring back to a simmer, and add cream, fresh parsley, and fresh dill, and let it come just back to a simmer, then dish it and garnish with minced scallions or chives, crumbled bacon, and either a dollop of sour cream or a little cheese.
Also, protip: If your soup isn't thick enough, use some instant potato flakes to thicken the soup, it works beautifully.

derp, I forgot, season the soup to taste with salt and pepper (although, I assume most people will know to do that.)

Mmmm, yeah, lots of pepper.

Sounds great, that's nearly identical to my recipe. The only thing I do differently is use milk instead of stock.

Normally I'm a stock nazi, and am one of the first to bitch at people for using bullion cubes instead of stock. But honestly, I think that for potato soup specifically, milk works better.

Why not go all in and use cream? I do sometimes. When blending the potatoes, try adding garlic and a onion, works great.

Sounds good.

I like a pinch of paprika.

What the fuck, why would you want to eat a soupy potato? Nasty as fuck.

>Soup without meat in it

cuck soup.