Why does this awful liquor exist?

Why does this awful liquor exist?
Vodka is shit. Even Tequila has more flavor and nuances, especially an aƱejo one. But vodka is gutter trash.

*tips fedora*

basil

As far as I can tell all liqour tastes like trash, some worse than others. Worst one that comes to mind is Jim Beam and Captain Morgan.

you are correct.

its hilarious how some people still dont understand this.

especially idiots that bay outrageously priced vodkas.

its the shit tier of alcohol.

vodka is the spirit for young people who dont give a shit about flavor. (other than fruit infused flavor, but thats for faggots amirite)

Popov is $17 for a handle. Vodka is substantially cheaper than any other spirit. Poorfags deserve to get drunk too.

The first rule of vodka is 'straight, and straight from the freezer'. Good vodka served this way feels oily on the palate and is useful to cleanse the tongue.

I have vodka where it's traditionally called for. When visiting my Polish, Finnish or Russian friends, we have pickled herring on black bread with onions, capers and cream cheese. Vodka cuts the greasiness and keeps the palate clean.

I also like it when eating oysters, once again, it's strips residual flavors from the palate.

Smoked meat and sausages? Vodka.

Borscht and roast venison? Vodka.

Summer barbecue/shashlik? Vodka.

Hot greasy breakfast to cure a hangover? Vodka.

Niece's fifth birthday party, before being kicked out? Vodka.

Evicted because you lost your job and can't make rent? Vodka.

Numbing the pain of selling yourself for a hotel room for the night? Vodka.

Accepting non monetary payment for sexual favors? Vodka works for that too.

See, it really is a versatile drink for all occasions.

Fuck off, Vodka is shit. It's stupid booze for stupid people. A half gallon of Monarch vodka is 13.50 in Moscow, ID. I was stupid people once, I learned my lessons, and now I know, Vodka is garbage.

I think tequila and gin are worst 2bh

You're a fucking idiot OP.

Literally make a bloody mary, or mix it with OJ or pineapple juice and that shit hits harder than a truck with literally no alcohol taste.

I smell pasta but good post.

this is the best vodka. you don't need any of that glass bottle crap. just a good $7 plastic jug of vodka. it does the same thing anyways.

Vodka is a tasteless spirit. Are you autistic?

It's not meant to have flavor or nuance. It's meant to be a blank slate you can build upon. Ideally it's literally just ethanol and water.

The word is neutral because there is no way that any vodka tastes anything other than "burn" or "mild burn"

I think he was saging op because he agrees with you that vodka is shot

get a brain morans

>idiots that bay outrageously priced vodkas.
>The first rule of vodka is 'straight, and straight from the freezer'.
>It's stupid booze for stupid people.
>It's not meant to have flavor or nuance.
ITT: people who have never had good vodka and think all vodka is shit as a result

It's cheap, I can easily chug and chase it with water. And less of a hangover so I can start again the next morning

You capitalist scum fat murrican. Go back and drink your mountain dew mixed with piss beer in pepsi cola can size that little girls only drink.

But on serious note.
If you are drinking only vodka without any other thing. You better chill it really, really well and serve it in shots. Other than that it's all about personal taste. If you don't like it, don't drink it and move on. I prefer Vodka over beer any time of the day because Beer puts me to sleep. No idea why, it was like that all my life. Not that I don't enjoy a good brewski from time to time.

Stop drinking Gordon's

I drink it mixed with different things because I really hate the taste of alcohol but I like being drunk. Most drinks are an acquired taste, so vodka is a young person's drink for that reason

>Bashing on based vodka

It's the perfect just fuck my shit up drink at parties

oh and just the regular (well this entirely depends on your specific routine on how you take your poison) recipe for me is : vodka and cola chilled. 2/4 up to 3/4 of glass is filled with vodka, top it up with cola/pepsi add a slice of lemon. voila. If you have problems you just gulp the first glass quickly... next ones won't be a problem anymore :P spoken like an alcoholic :D

> ITT: people who have never had good vodka and think all vodka is shit as a result

What makes a good vodka? Is it an oak note? Is it a citrus note? No obviously neither are characteristic, they can be pleasing but they are not characteristic.

The character of Vodka is lack of flavour, everything else is brand specific.

It is very effective to get wasted, also neutral taste. So when you go for party and you are not sure of tastes of other people you buy vodka. You can mix it with almost everything, or drink straight. Picking it, is going for most common and safe choice.

Also does not have any aldehyde that gives some people nasty hangover.

>so vodka is a young person's drink for that reason
Why does this meme exist? I mean yeah the 16yo local sluts posting FB statuses about being xD wasted at the club always seem to brag about vodka, but what they are really drinking is energy or oj
Shit im slamming a bottle every night i go out and I havent found anybody outside my closest peer that would ever drink even a shot of it

I used to mix with vodka but I switched to white rum because it seems to improve everything I put it in

This why I think vodka is such shit. An earlier post mentioned vodka and cola. Sure that'll work, but whiskey and coke or rum and coke is way better.

really? if anything i find 16 y/o edgelords tend to gloat about the more 'out there' liquors to sound knowledgeable, like Jaeger and Absinthe. at least they did when i was that age.

I like vodka because it has no sugar, so I worry less about feeling like shit the next day. Also I'm a canadian and fucking love caesars.

I don't understand people that say they hate vodka. Do you hate alcohol? Do you hate water? It has a purpose like everything.

Because it's cheap and gets white girls drunk

Is that Canadian prices? A handle of Karkov is 15$ and a handle of kirkland vodka is 13$. The latter of the two is substantially better than popov

amen user.

I prefer vodka because i can mix it with fuckin ANYTHING

even shit tier, cheap vodka goes well with some mio and some tonic water, powerade, diet soda...etc. etc. the list goes on

>$7 plastic jug of vodka

Or I could spend the extra $1 on glass and not be a fucking pleb.

No pasta bro, but feel free to make it so.

Good not-over-distilled vodkas taste like the mash they distilled. There's obviously a difference between rye whisky and corn-based bourbon, and you didn't need to put it in barrel for six years for it to develop that difference. Now, if you take any mash, distill it 8 times to a flavorless grain alcohol, you'll lose any flavor from the grain and that's why the misperception that more distillation = better vodka goes south. Also why Canadian whisky is shit.

Myself personally, I love the taste of rye vodka, my favorite being Wyborowa if you can find it or Sobieski if you can't. Luksusowa is a great potato vodka, I find they're more heavy-handed and better able to stand out in a little tonic.
Vodka is supposed to have flavor, and when it does, it can be delicious. But people seem to think that zapping the flavor out of it makes it better and/or smoother which is absolutely not the case.

You don't have to like it, but you sound like the kids who say that everyone is just pretending to like beer to seem cool. Get your head on straight.

Once you start drinking full blown alcoholic tier levels of alcohol on a daily basis you'll understand why vodka exists.

>Mix it with anything because it has no taste!
This is bullshit and I hate people who spout it. Vodka tastes like shit. You can mix it with anything that you want to make taste like shit.

I have to say that Russian Standard is breddy gud for the price point. French vodkas are pure poison though, and it's interesting to see how many Russian-looking brands are actually French.

Confirmed for only ever having tasted shit, and bad vodka.

If I were gonna spend much at all on liquor I wouldn't spend it on vodka, so I haven't tried RS. My friend loves Stoli so I've had plenty of that, smooth and nice but not very flavorful. Wouldn't buy it myself.

The myth of "all vodka tastes the same! No difference between a bottom shelf jug and XXXX!!" is frustrating, but I will say, diminishing returns set in DAMN quick. So I don't spend much more than Smirnoff prices, whatever they may be in a given area (though not Smirnoff itself)

Really, if you ever see Wyborowa anywhere, pick it up. Not common, but I can get it for 20/handle. As smooth as vodka gets, with a delicious rye spiciness.

stupid of fucking americans always needings to be using flavors of make drink taste good when is for girls and homosexual

vodka of mans drink and is flavor of life. tasteless and burns is suppose to be is how you know good true mans alchohol and also is save money for important thing like house or gun

$20 a handle is good. Spare a thought for us poor bloody Aussies, the absolute cheapest you can get spirits here is $25 a 700ml bottle (that's about 24 fl oz).

But seriously, take it from a vodka drinker, Russian Standard is very nice. If you're up for some craziness they also do a 'gold' version with Siberian ginseng.

Yeah but you cunts make more than 8.25 an hour minimum wage. Worked with an Aussie once talking about how waiting tables on Christmas for double-time-and-a-half OzzyBux back home and he made practically a day's pay American every hour. And we were working a good job at the time!

But he was a... What's the Aussie word for "cunt"?

"Mate"

I love vodka as a mixer drink but definitely not on it's own. White russians are one of my favorite kinds of alcoholoic drinks and they take no effort to prepare.

I quit drinking temporarily for my job but Vodka and Rum are my two favorite alcohols because they're the most neutral.
If I'm drinking, it isn't for the flavor and nuance or whatever, it's to get drunk.

The best way to do this in my experience is to do shots of rum/vodka, depending on what's available, and chase it with whatever drink you have available.

Exactly my problem with it. There isn't a point to it. The best vodka is nothing. Where is the fun in that? If I want to get drunk, I want to drink, I want to taste, I don't want to drink a redbull and wake up with my under a bathroom stall.

God I fucking hate you guys
You're an unholy shitspew mix of poor taste and pretentiousness
If I could kill each and every one or you I would happily kill myself afterwards
That's how God damn terrible you are

I'm sure someone has said it already but the reason vodka is popular is because it doesn't taste anything. If you mix it with anything it's just gonna taste like the other component but with alcohol. Good vodka isn't supposed to taste anything, bad vodka tastes like things.

So you're confirmed for not knowing how to make mixed drinks, queer

>It's a "My palette is so advanced I actually enjoy the taste of hillbilly pisswater" thread

I'm going to keep mixing vodka with fruit juices and none of you can stop me

It's palate you idiot

>$7
Where do you live, Detroit?

I like straight up vodka because it's easier to keep track of how drunk I want to get. I absolut-ly cannot stand vodka mixed with anything or flavored anything. The sweetness makes me physically ill. It's disgusting. It's gay as fuck and I don't even really know how much I'm drinking.

i enjoy the effects of alcohol, hate the taste of everything with alcohol in it and see no reason to spend more money than necessary to get alcohol

if they didn't poison the bottles of ethanol i'd just get that