Why do americans call pizzas "pies"? That's so retarded, they look nothing like pies

Why do americans call pizzas "pies"? That's so retarded, they look nothing like pies.

Other urls found in this thread:

ny.eater.com/2016/8/24/12609804/marcelllos-bordentown
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off back to /tv/ where you belong.

The English word "pie" predates the fruit pie you're thinking about.

I was thinking of a meat pie

Shitposting thread?

I deg to biffer.

>they look nothing like pies.

some American men will refer to a woman's private parts (just the part in the front, not the boobies) as a "pie"

e.g., she had the cutest pie I have ever scene and that's why I call her "cutie pie"

>they look nothing like pies.

They don't? It's a round food containing filling and a crust that's baked in the oven. Sure sounds pie-like to me.

I don't use the term but it seems pretty reasonable to see why someone might.

That owner refused to listen to any criticism even after the show aired. Worst business owner ever.

Pizza landed in America on the East Coast in the early 20th Century. The term "pizza pie" was widely used to describe the new food because flatbreads weren't popular at the time. In some places the term pizza never caught on. There are parts of New Jersey where the term "tomato pie" is still used as or more often than pizza to describe the dish.

Link related: ny.eater.com/2016/8/24/12609804/marcelllos-bordentown

Hourly

Yourpoor

Obsession

Thread

Kill yourself, /tv/ tripfag.

SHART

One is made with bread and topped with toppings, while the other is made with pastry and contains fillings. You may as well call a sandwich a pie if you're going to be this much of a retard.

It's one of those threads again
>a person finds out americans are doing retarded shit
>posts it on Veeky Forums
>nobody cares because most of the Veeky Forums is american
We're talking about a country where it has its own metric system, independent from the rest of the world. If this was north korea or india we'd joke the shit out of it

>they are even obsessed with our poop

>where it has its own metric system
America has the metric system now?

I don't know what that's called, you know, their fucked up measurement system

Please move away with your furries you fucking degenerate.

I'd still eat it. Love thick crust. And i don't care it's not 100% cooked.

>scene

nigga please

I don't know anyone that calls it a pizza pie. I've heard it used before but only when someone is trying to be stupid.

>reaction image

hi newfag

doot doot do-do-do-do doot doot do-do

No idea, google does it too.

only hipster amateur chefs call it that

This raises the question: is a pie a sandwich?

EH REH

when the moon hits your eyes
it comes as no surprise
that they're retarded.

We have a retarded city that insists their cheese pie is a spin on pizza, and it developed a culture.

Well when your country becomes the imperial leader of the world you too can decide how you measure things.

German 'za is called Flammkuchen.

Literally translates into flame pie.

>that meme art
>these dubs

Pretty good.

>thick crust

animeaheagogirl.jpg.png

seriously, thick crust is amazing.

only iTalions call them pies

or normal people in iTalion restaurants might say it as a goof

Because Americas are morons.

You stupid twat. How is a flatbread with toppings, something made from dough, in any way comparable to a filling inside a pastry casing?

IN

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

Just because the terminology offends your sensibility doesn't invalidate it.

Some Eurofaggot trying to tell Americans what terminology they can use. And I thought us Americans were arrogant.

Facts invalidate your stupidity.

>Facts
This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

You are the most arrogant scum in the world, trying to change names that have existed long before your colony ever existed.

You are really shitty people.

You are trying to call a dog a giraffe and a duck a car.

You are all utterly retarded.

Awww Eurobro, that reads like you're about to cry. Let it all out baby faggot.

>those analogies
Yep, I'm the retarded one for thinking a pizza is more like a pie than a duck is like a car. Don't you guys always boast of your education system over there?

Yeah I thought you would start shitposting, you always do.

You're the one who can't see how two completely different things are nothing alike.

Why are Americans so utterly stupid?

>starts fight because insecure of heritage
>gets a bloodied nose from an american like all his ancestors
>crys shitposting
uwotm8

What the fuck are you even trying to say at this point? You utter cretin.

How a term comes into common usage has nothing to do with stupidity. It's just a matter of usage, and when that usage hits a critical mass it becomes accepted. I've watched "impact" become a verb in my lifetime.Pizza being a pie is mostly an antique usage from a century ago, but still regionally common in parts of the Northeast where it originated.

It's a thing. Sorry if it makes you mad or triggers your autism. Nothing I can do about that.

Why do you faggots always use "utterly". You're like caricatures of yourselves.
"I say Nigel, it's utterly appalling these Muslims wont stop invading our country."
"Quite right."
Yech.

Almost nobody in america calls them pies.

>Americans take pride in speaking like retards

I'm not really surprised, you ruin every language you attempt.
>Entrée for a main

Shitposting yet again, clappyfats truly deserve their title as the worst posters.

Again usage evolves.It's not some planned out, well thought up thing. It's just what catches on. The problem with America being the dominant English speaking culture is that our usage becomes dominant. Deal with it.