Americans can't eat salt licorice?

Americans can't eat salt licorice?

Americans are FREE to eat whatever they want.

American here. I fucking love it. Then again, part of my family is Danish, so I'm sure that I was introduced to it as a kid.

I've shared it with many other people--Americans, Indian, Chinese....the list goes on. Very few of them like it.

I ordered some with my last order of snus and liked it but all my coworkers and friends didn't.

Americans have taste. also saltwater taffy is very common here and it's available in a menthol/black licorice flavor

And they'll sing the blues if they want

>black licorice

>>>/reddit/

Salt licorice =/= black licorice.

Why not? I eat it pretty often, and I'm American.

it's almost identical and most candy shops in the south have it. do u know of the brand that looks like a miniature cigarette box with red packaging and they're menthol flavored and regular as well. tiny little gummy tablets.

>it's almost identical

Uhm, no. It's much much stronger. Given how you're talking about it I'm 100% certain you've never had it.

>>do u know of the brand that looks like a miniature cigarette box
I know many of those. Most of them are not what we're talking about. Can you post a pic of the exact brand you mean?

Yes, they swell up, turn green and then their gills implode.
Of course, this kills the american.

Being from the northern parts of europe, I truly love licorice. The saltier, the better. After finishing a bag my heart rate will sometimes go galloping.

licorice is objectively shit, especially black

yeah these. they're everywhere in Louisiana and usually sold with taffies and licorice sticks, are they different from normal licorice? cause I've seen this brand in a kumquat and salt flavor along with a few others I don't know the name of. they're probably a different name where your from though but we just call them chews or taffies or licorice cause the flavor

Except Kinder Eggs

Those aren't salt licorice, though that brand does make some. Pic related is the salt licorice version from that same brand. Notice that it says "salmiak" on it. That's what you need to look for on the label. salmiak, salmakki, etc.

No, they are pretty normal licorice. They are also pretty common here, same name. Comes in tons of different flavors

>those candies
>salt licorice

LaughingDutchmen.jpg

I want the pink one
But I fear the fact that I'm picking pink may have some wrong connotations
Then again it is coated in augar

It's not really available where I live. I do like black liquorice though, and I've wanted to try it. Would it be an acceptable substitute to buy a strong black liquorice and roll it in some salt?

Lol, you could, but no. Salty really means salmiak in this case.

I eat twizzlers and red vines all the time, man.

Damn. Looks like I won't be trying the real thing any time soon.....unless....does Ikea sell salmiak?

those are half sour half salty

Actually, they do. You find it next to the 'knep maj' bookcase.

>Would it be an acceptable substitute to buy a strong black liquorice and roll it in some salt?
Honestly, it tastes a bit salty, but in reality it's not salt at all, it's ammonia. Yes, like you clean your floors. It's just in a form that is salty tasting, but hits the nose with incredible vapor, in the way that wasabi face up can do that. If you get really strong "salt" licorice and binge eat it, you'll start to detect the actual ammonia essence, but only in large quantities.

OP, I don't see it often in the USA outside of special food sections in foreign groceries. So, we can find it at Aldi, the gourmet section in Fresh Market, and then really randomly elsewhere.

What I really like I think is Danish, but extremely popular in Iceland, and that is chocolate coated black licorice. I think it might be a popular deal in Australia, too? They still adore strong licorice there, more so than in England. All the chocolate coated imports I see are from there. Walgreens has one brand, but just discontinued the chocolated coated version, grr. Amazon is my friend.

I bring you a picture of a salmiak dipped and filled ice cream bar (enjoyed on a break at Blue Lagoon)

It taste like poop. Looks like poop too.

pretty much. my father is norwegian and loves it, im born in burgerland and I cant stand it

Hourly

Yuropoor

Obsession

Thread

I come from Minnesota.

My grandfather gave it to me as a kid and I enjoyed it a lot. It's really difficult to find here though, so that's part of it. People try it for the first time when they are in their mid twenties, if at all.

Plus, people seem to have a huge hatred for Black Licorice in general, i've noticed, it's weird.

Or humble pie.

French can't either, apparently.

djungelvrål is the best

not swedish, nordic, or european
nor american

Except medication for treatable disease

t. American

That ice cream bar actually looks really tasty. I've never had licorice ice cream, and I bet the sweetness of the ice cream balances out the saltiness.

>it's ammonia. Yes, like you clean your floors

You Scandis call us Americans sick? Fucks sake man. I still want to try it though.

I'm this user - posting from my PC this time. I can't help feeling you're trying to ruse me. Google translated Knep Maj as May Trick.

what kind of monster actually likes licorice?

i bet you're the pod people that like cilantro. i have my eye on you dubious faggots.

me.

i miss licorice altoids so bad

Nigga I'm literally eating it right now.

Except kinder eggs

Pic related

Bestest licorice

I miss licorice!

I was born in Canada but raised in a French family and licorice was a real treat!

Now I have leukemia, and I can't eat true licorice since it fucks up my meds.

Sorry to hear , dude, get well
Get fit
Eat licorice

>eat black licorice
>get cancer
i knew it.

Thanks user!
Nah I probably got leukemia by smoking everything like pine needles, tylenols, sniffing gasoline, eating plastic, having my house burned two times.

This caused an over-exposure to benzene.

Spunky Dane here.
It's like a religion here.
Licorice ice cream is pretty good too.

i hate all licorice

Hey, yeah! And while we're at it, why don't people like fruitcake or candy corn either?

Black licorice tastes like a combination of bitter and sour to me.

It's also very profound. Like, if I were to grab a hand full of jelly beans and just one black licorice flavor slips in, it ruins the whole thing.

Niggers of the candy world, I tell you.

retards

they're shit anyway and overpriced cuz muh imported

>licorice