statisticbrain.com/iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major/
shahhussainkcl.blogspot.com/2012/06/gre-derived-iq-of-graduates.html
statisticbrain.com/sat-score-statistics/
8tracks.com/vabarb15/philosophically-and-rationally-not-giving-a-fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=PyDxW2V1LKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not my cup of tea user

>Estimates

You get sexually excited by knowing that you're below average in your major?

>Philosophy that high up

This chart just proves IQ really does have very little correspondence with actual intelligence.

And then nothing can protect us against a complete falling away from our Ideas of duty, or can preserve in the soul a grounded reverence for its law, except the clear conviction that even if there never have been actions springing from such pure sources, the question at issue here is not whether this or that has happened; that, on the contrary, reason by itself and independently of all appearances commands what ought to happen; that consequently actions of which the world has perhaps hitherto given no example—actions whose practicability might well be doubted by those who rest everything on experience—are nevertheless commanded unrelentingly by reason; and that, for instance, although up to now there may have existed no loyal friend, pure loyalty in friendship can be no less required from every man, inasmuch as this duty, prior to all experience, is contained as duty in general in the Idea of a reason which determines the will by a priori grounds.” (407-408; or pp. 75-76 of the H. J. Paton translation [New York: Harper & Row, 1964])

DUDE

files.libertyfund.org/files/1442/0330_Bk.pdf

FUCKING

WEED

You thinking it proves that only proves that you have a low IQ.

Where's computer science ?

statisticbrain.com/iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major/

>the average IQ of college students is high 120s

oh come on.

Sounds about right

My hobby is chemistry and that's about my IQ

From a Canadian source.
Basically impossible not to get into University here.

the list goes on, user.

Source?

shahhussainkcl.blogspot.com/2012/06/gre-derived-iq-of-graduates.html

>tfw Physics Masters and PhD

lol congratz

By that use of the gif and memespeak you don't sound too intelligent

Why be jealous bro? just git gud

phil haters btfo

Where do you think nuclear engineering fits on there. I refuse to be known as

>other

Where's Geology?

>Book starts at page 83
Preface
Preface of translator
Preface to the Preface
First edition Preface
Second edition Preface
Friends of the guy who wrote the books Preface
What the fuck indeed bro. No wonder everyone hates philosophers

>geology
Really? Your computer screens resolution isn't high enough to show the rest of the chart where geology comes in.

it's one of the most important pieces of literature in the western canon. of course people have a lot to say about it

I don't get it.

My computer screen is 720 p resolution.

I'm sure they do. But put it at the end where I don't have to flip through 12 guys retarded thoughts about this book. I want the authors thoughts , not the morons who was chosen to translate it or the first editions Preface or any of that. I just want access to the authors knowledge before I go through the other crap. I don't want anyone to influence how I read the book or what I take from it. Idk man just sets off my ocd I guess.

He means it's a cropped image, and geology would be at the button of the list. He's implying it's so far down you wouldn't be able to display the list where your majors IQ stands. Funny, by you not understanding his quip it almost proves his point. How sad.

B-but muh minerals.

STOP MAKING FUN OF MEEE!

>not posting the full picture

Also, I feel like spoonfeeding, so despite the fact that it's already ITT here's the sauce again.
statisticbrain.com/sat-score-statistics/

You think this is a fucking joke?

>Elementary
>108
That's a little high.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

Don't cry Geobro

You're almost a Materialsfag and they are right up there near the top :3

Sooo where is architecture on the chart?

That's the average, user. The average teacher is probably going to be a bit smarter than the average person. Since the average person is theoretically gonna sit at 100, 108 is pretty reasonable.

That also means that there's gonna be teachers who are stupid too, of course. A standard deviation down from 108 is gonna put you at 93 and that's not exactly the sharpest mind.

As far as I'm concerned IQ doesn't matter all that much within at least 15 points so this chart is pretty whatever.

Considering that architecture is above geology, yeah I do. And a damn good one.

omfg GOD IM SO EXCITED RIGHT

SHIT POST I DONT WANT HER TO LIKE IT, IN I DONT WANT HER TO LIKE IT, IN I DONT WANT HER TO LIKE IT, IN I DONT WANT HER TO LIKE IT, IN I DONT WANT HER TO LIKE IT, IN I DONT WANT HER TO LIKE IT

DONT BAN ME

OMGG IN

Philosophy this high? I'm surprised because humanities fags seem to claim that IQ only tests things that are STEM related.

You do realize that Geology is an Earth/Atmos Science right?

Which puts geologist above english and below industrial engineering.

Learn to differentiate science fields you tard.

>Learn to differentiate science fields you tard.
CALM DOWN BRO

I guess it makes sense, you can argue that people with higher IQ's are naturally going to be more inquisitive and I can't think of many more inquisitive fields than Physics/Astronomy and Philosophy.

I mean, in both of them you're trying to figure out how shit works, just in different ways.

I know that we all like to talk shit about philosophy , but a lot of the reading is a pretty archaic and tough to get through if your not decently intilligent. Also a lot of it is dealing in abstracts postulating with things simmilliar to proofs . Idk man. People I know with philosoph degrees are pretty smart. People just passing through philosophy classes aren't.

LOL no. That is meteorology and the likes. Geology is under natural science you mong.

>mong
YOU TOO BRO

That is not what I said. The claim is that IQ and intelligence and not strictly related and that IQ only tests a certain kind of intelligence that is useful in STEM fields.

So if we go with this table, then the following ideas come to mind:

1) Maybe the kind of intelligence one uses in philosophy is the same kind one uses in STEM
2) Philosophers are much more intelligent so that they not only have a high STEM related intelligence but also a high non-STEM related intelligence.

>not typing it as brah
You had one job, God damn it.

Or maybe IQ is supposed to be a general indication of someone's current intellectual potential and is in no way indicative of how their mind functions and solves problems besides indicating overall mental efficiency

Honestly, maybe I'm stupid, because I don't know what the fuck you're going on about.

UH OH

"Earth science or geoscience is an all-encompassing term that refers to the fields of science dealing with planet Earth.[1] It can be considered to be a branch of planetary science, but with a much older history. There are both reductionist and holistic approaches to Earth sciences. The formal discipline of Earth sciences may include the study of the atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere, and biosphere. Typically, Earth scientists will use tools from physics, chemistry, biology, chronology, and mathematics to build a quantitative understanding of how the Earth system works, and how it evolved to its current state."

Your damage control or ignorance is blissful.

>Your damage control or ignorance is blissful.
NO IT ISNT BRO

YOU CAN ONLY BE IN THIS THREAD IF YOU LISTEN TO MY PLAYLIST

8tracks.com/vabarb15/philosophically-and-rationally-not-giving-a-fuck

ALONG WITH LIGHT LAUGHING

youtube.com/watch?v=PyDxW2V1LKY

THANKS BRO

The following fields of science are generally categorized within the Earth sciences:

-Geology describes the rocky parts of the Earth's crust (or lithosphere) and its historic development. Major subdisciplines are mineralogy and petrology, geochemistry, geomorphology, paleontology, stratigraphy, structural geology, engineering geology, and sedimentology.[3][4]

-Geophysics and geodesy investigate the shape of the Earth, its reaction to forces and its magnetic and gravity fields. Geophysicists explore the Earth's core and mantle as well as the tectonic and seismic activity of the lithosphere.[4][5][6] Geophysics is commonly used to supplement the work of geologists in developing a comprehensive understanding of crustal geology, particularly in mineral and petroleum exploration. See Geophysical survey.
Soil science covers the outermost layer of the Earth's crust that is subject to soil formation processes (or pedosphere).[7] Major subdisciplines include edaphology and pedology.[8]

-Ecology covers the interactions between the biota, with their natural environment. This field of study differentiates the study of the Earth, from the study of other planets in the Solar System; the Earth being the only planet teeming with life.

-Hydrology (includes oceanography and limnology) describe the marine and freshwater domains of the watery parts of the Earth (or hydrosphere). Major subdisciplines include hydrogeology and physical, chemical, and biological oceanography.[citation needed]

-Glaciology covers the icy parts of the Earth (or cryosphere).

-Atmospheric sciences cover the gaseous parts of the Earth (or atmosphere) between the surface and the exosphere (about 1000 km). Major subdisciplines include meteorology, climatology, atmospheric chemistry, and atmospheric physics.

Again, you typed bro instead of brah . Are you fucking with me?

If your gonna shit post at least have the decency to do it right.

IM NOT SHIT POSTING BRO

I WAS SHITPOSTING HERE BUT THATS OVER NOW
IM JUST TYPING IN CAPS NOW BRO

Impressive.

>150-160 IQ
>studying to become a Materials/Chemical Engineer
>mfw I would really love to study higher level mathematics and physics, or even philosophy, if only the pay was better

Updated the notes

>intended
Well

TRUE

BUT

First, this data tracks the intended graduate major, not the actual undergraduate major chosen by the student. Because some students choose a different discipline to study in graduate school, not all intended math majors were math majors during their undergraduate career, for example.

However, in physics at least, the vast majority of graduate students have an undergraduate degree in the field. According to data from the American Institute of Physics, 94 percent of domestic physics graduate students majored in physics for their undergraduate degree.