1 tablespoon of celery salt
1 tablespoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of dried mustard
4 tablespoons of paprika
2 tablespoons of garlic salt
1 tablespoon of ground ginger
3 tablespoons of white pepper.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/16L-Commercial-Pressure-Fryer-50-200-Kitchen-Cooking-4-4lbs-Chicken-Meat-Vege-/181994859441
marionkay.com/product/chicken-seasoning-blend/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Old news.

What the fuck is white pepper?

DELETE THIS

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

Why the fuck are you on the food and cooking board?

Black pepper is the seed and seed-husk from the pepper plant.
White pepper is just the seed without the husk.
White is hotter, but with less flavor.

its like black pepper but it has a job and raises its kids

Forgot the MSG.

(I'm serious)

They use MSG now, but they didn't back when people actually gave a fuck about what was in the recipe. They just don't make it as well as they once did. Last time I had KFC, the meat was gray, as if it had been cooked then frozen then thawed then fried.

I'm pretty sure that I came across this recipe the first time it was posted online in a cooking forum and the person posting it gave the whole back-story as to how they obtained the recipe. It had MSG in that post and this was supposed to be the original recipe from ages ago. MSG isn't a new invention by the way, it's been around for at least 40 years. Anyway, I'm not advocating it's use (I don't use it), just saying that they use it.

With regards to KFC meat, I find it varies wildly from location to location (and especially from country to country)

If it had MSG, it wasn't the original. The recent leak is supposed to be from a photo of an old scrapbook that one of the Colonel's relatives had. The spices were scribbled in the margins.

There's no good reason for the local KFC to have crappy chicken. The Golden Chick down the road has fucking glorious tenders to die for. KFC did something to ruin their chicken. They had to put effort into screwing up their chicken. Seriously, chicken is easy. You can light a chicken on fire, and chances are high that it will turn out delicious.

I forgot to mention: In that thread they said that the secret to making them the way they do in the shop is deep-frying them in a pressure cooker. Apparently it's just as sketchy as it sounds but if done properly it produces an excellent crust.

Fair enough, I just read that article too. The one in the forum was meant to be from someone who just worked there and had to make the mixes so it's probably not the very first iteration.

There's also claims that they don't actually use the full 11 herbs and spices anymore.

With regards, to the chicken. If you keep trying to lower your costs eventually you will fuck that up too.

That sounds like building a bomb that could go terribly wrong in a hurry.

I have heard somewhere that the Colonel would take forever when he was making chicken himself. Whatever he was doing simply took a long time.

He made his own pressure-cookers specifically for deep-frying and used to sell them. Dunno anything else though.

I feel like trying the seasoning on mashed potatoes.

>nigger food

no thanks

Got $600 user?
ebay.com/itm/16L-Commercial-Pressure-Fryer-50-200-Kitchen-Cooking-4-4lbs-Chicken-Meat-Vege-/181994859441

It even looks dangerous.

(you)

you forgot the msg

>''old scapbook''
>completely white unworn paper and fresh blue ink

kek

>msg
mono sodium goodmate

Pen and paper are not new inventions. You should be able to simply taste the recipe.

top kek

(butthurt)

Catalog use isn't difficult I assure you.

I think I may try this.

Damn

>raises its kids
You mean the black pepper's kids

niggers

/pol/ needs to leave the kitchen.

How can they (and coke with their "secret ingredient) market it as secrets of it legally has to be on the label?

The laws let companies do the labels in ways that let them keep their secret recipe a secret. Without looking at a KFC label, I assume it probably just says something like "various natural and artificial seasoning" instead of listing everything that is in there.

sanders himself asked these guys to make the spice....called 99x

marionkay.com/product/chicken-seasoning-blend/

That seems awful for of someone has an allergy

Maybe there is a list of common allergens that they can't skip.

The label literally says "11 herbs and spices"

MSG as a separate line item?

The pre-corporate secret recipe maybe.

>That seems awful for of someone has an allergy
No one cares about your little faggot allergies.

That's where we eat fast food right?

Sketchy? Theirs a NA chain called Chicken Holiday that uses this pressure deep fryer.

At the end of most ingredient lists are "Natural and/or Artificial Flavors" clearly that shit is exempt

There was a vid of a kfc kitchen a few years back.

The raw chicken is dipped and soaked into a brine for a minute before being taken out and then dry-battered and then dipped (from a cage looking thing) into a big ass pressure cooker.

Yes. The real recipe has cracklins.

>Niggers
What did he mean by this

No way is there that much seasoning in what they use now. 4 tbsp of paprika would be very noticeable just from the colour.

Current recipe is salt, pepper, and MSG.

>brine

Its water bud, just plain sink water

A chance for you to shit post.

fucking spat out my drink from reading that

How can I make hotwings at home that are like KFC's?

Kfc chicken may have used to been good decades ago, but the few times I've had it over past 30 years, it tastes like its been dipped in cold canola oil right before being served. ...disgusting

A 1 minute brine isn't going to do anything

Probably washing off slime that grows on the outside during shipping.

A good reason to make it at home.

True, but why would a company sabotage its profits like that?
Back in the late 80's - early 90's KFC was delicious... or am I just viewing the world through rose tinted glasses?

Its always downhill after the founder goes away. Cost cutting on the products and raises for management.

i've seen this one before... has MSG in the recipe

Pretty different looking from the recent leak.

One of the best albums in the world.

Whats the procedure?

Bread it and boil in oil.

The seasoning isn't honestly the big deal with KFC chicken. The big deal with them is that they pressure fry, they don't just deep fry.

kek

Then why does it suck?

>bread it

No.

>Mahnigga.flac

lost

Weird, in my country KFC is still pretty good even though they have pretty much a monopoly on chicken. They even try to look like a restaurant.

It was going downhill while he was still alive, after he sold it. He said the gravy tasted like wallpaper paste.

And that the chicken was a "damn fried doughball on a stick."