He explains it better than I will.

it doesn't light doesn't even move d00d and space doesn't exist

t. photon

>MLP character is incorporated into a demonstration

I closed that motherfucking shit

>you are so mature for avoiding contact with such content
wew, lad!

see

space has expanded faster than c in the past and even now parts of the universe are so distant that light from one part will never reach another, why is there an arbitrary limit to the speed of causality and why is it light speed? couldn't causality be related to some particle other than a photon or be related to the very fabric of space itself?

it just seems odd that the particle that carries light is also the one that carries causality (I know it doesn't literally carry causality, but that's the effect, essentially).

because maxwell eqs say it does
trying to "imagine" physics beyond high-school level will bring you no good
believe in the math

Not OP but i dont get what actually is restricting the light

Harder to make a large scale simulation with infinite lightspeed.

With lightspeed being slow(compared to distance between solar systems) you can compute everything asynchronously with ease.

that makes no sense

>that makes no sense

Are you a brainlet?

If I shoot a laser beam towards Sirius it can be scheduled asynchronusly to arrive later.

If I point a telscope at Sirius the data I see relative to my frame is years old. So I can delay proper simulation of the sirius locality relative to its distance to you, or if we simulated it already just feed historical data. Sirius could be simulated for 1 year. saved. and then left in idle, meanwhile, earth is simulated for 1 year, then left in idle. And whenever any observer from either locality looks at the other you don't ever need to provide realtime data because the distance means it's all delayed and can be pulled from historical records that were produced through asynchronous simulation.

He's a "the universe is a simulation" memer, pay him no mind.

This. Light has no speed limit, causality has.

>space has expanded faster than c
And yet that doesn't involve causality.
We're moving away from the most distant galaxies in the observable universe, BUT that's not happening because we're pushing off of them.
NOTHING we can do will affect the recession.
C *is* the speed of causality.

code monkey here.
I'm calling bullshit
Finite speed of light just complicates the whole simulation.

>MLP shit

why the fuck

it's just a fucking picture you fucking fuck. It only means shit on Veeky Forums. If you can't get past that, it's probably not a video for your sorry ass.

If you have a collection of cubes, letting each cube represent a planck volume, than the speed of light is defined as the time it takes for a photon to move from one cube to the next.

Things get more complicated when you include the fact that these cubes change shape due to forces - if you have two lengths of cubes, one composed of 8 and a second composed of 16, than it takes 2x as long for light to travel down the second length as it does the first.

Moving towards a blackhole, you'll find the cubes stretched in the direction of the singularity. Inside it, however, you'll find the densest collection of cubes in the universe. The pauli exclusion principle says that fermions can only be compressed so much - once a blackhole accumulates enough, it backs up like a toilet.

These cubes don't compress equally - they compress in the direction they're moving, and expand in the opposite direction. So, that which is red-shifted is composed of fewer cubes, and that which is blue-shifted is composed of more cubes. So, it takes more time to get to something blue-shifted than it does to get to something red-shifted. (This is, to my knowledge, a contraction of standard cosmology.)

Look up rainbow gravity and curved momentum space.

It means the speed of light will never exceed that which put it into motion

>the speed of light is defined as the time
>speed is defined as time
Wut

horse fucker detected

>Finite speed of light just complicates the whole simulation.

You're a pretty fucking terrible code monkey if you think it's easier to do a realtime large scale simulation than one with built in propagation delays.

> speed of causality
you mean speed of time.

HORSE FUCKER

Well, yeah.
Speed is defined by time and distance.

That's a really clear explanation.

>If i feel cringe I'm being mature!
No thanks.

Think about a cellular automata. There is an intrinsic limit to how quickly anything can move.

This analogy even holds for things like mass. A small object like a glider requires less State changes to move, so it can move more quickly that a large object.

We may very well be living in some quantum version of conways game of life

No I don't.

You're believing in a memelord, not math. The experiments seem to agree though

Because it does