How do I spread cold butter on bread? it clumps up and i don't know what i'm doing wrong

how do I spread cold butter on bread? it clumps up and i don't know what i'm doing wrong

You can't, i recommend you take the butter out first thing in the morning, then proceed to make shower, coffee and then the butter should have reached a temperature where you can work with it

Heat up the bread, the butter, the knife or all three to 30oC

butter doesn't belong on bread.

you poor buterbrod-less bastard

how did you make it this far in life?

microwave the knife for 20 seconds

hows about you goes and fucks yerself m8, talking that nonsense.

lettuce?

THIS. It's amazing. Hot knife thru butter and all that.

Make sure to dip the handle in icewater after so you don't burn yourself

make sure you put extra knives in the microwave, it speeds up the process because the metal conducts energy

I dont understand how most people dont know that you can leave butter sitting out so its always tempered.

how long does it last like that ?

This made me think about how grateful I am for what I have.

Use better fats. Like nut butters.

Or even avocados.

Spreading cold butter on soft, untoasted bread is just a technique. Slice the butter thinner. Place the pat in the center of where you want the butter, don't work from the edge like with soft butter. Work from the corners of the pat out. Like you're scouring and scraping it instead of trying to spread it directly (this will only cause clumping and rolling, mangling your bread).

A week or so maybe, but you can get little butter boats or any plastic container with a lid and im sure it will last longer

a month

longer if you use a french butter dish

I just slice the cold butter into flat pieces, place it on the bread and wait 5 minutes for it to dissolve a little (thin, flat pieces are melting faster since there is a vast surface for temperature exchange)

It ain't no rocket since, user

my gf's family has one of these but they put it in the fridge. Triggers me endlessly.

Just set your creme brulee torch to the lowest setting and pass the end of the visible flame over your butter knife two or three times per side.

Easy.

why bother spreading it? just cut thin slice and lay it on top of your slice of bread

Use a spoon you idiot.

You actually don't have to keep butter in the fridge, user.

Or if you have to, for whatever reason, take it out a couple hours before you're looking to use it.

don't do this you'll get mustard on it

It should be easily spreadable at room temperature. Maybe your butter dish is in a cold part of your kitchen.

>how do I spread cold butter on bread? it clumps up and i don't know what i'm doing wrong
Well, I kind of shave it off with a knife scrape across the top. But, I admit that for buttering up stuff, I buy a tub of whipped butter, salted. You can whip your own, as well. It does spread better, and it also seems I use a bit less, so I don't notice I have less, but I get less calories.

For all my other uses, I also have stick butter, unsalted.

>use a spoon
>changes nothing about the spreadability of the butter just lets you get more at a time than a knife

t. fat fucking retard that needs to frick the heck off back to facebook where they belong

Stick the blade of the knife in hot water for 30 seconds, wipe, dip, and easy spread.

Wa la.

My mother does this and it's fucking annoying, but she's Irish who she's naturally stupid

you buy the butter/canola blend.

scrape the top of it to make it thinner, or cut very thin slices and then spread

what's going on here

Firm ass handshake.

>cold butter
Why would you refrigerate butter?

scrape the butter repeatedly until you have a lot on your knife
then place that on the block of butter and scrape it again
repeat until it's liquidy

because who can eat an entire stick of butter in 1 week?

BZZZZZZ!!!

is that a fucking challenge?

i have one of these. since summer has peaked i finally broke mine out of the closet, filled it and set it on the counter. have to keep the AC on tho, but goddamn, being able to enjoy butter on fresh baked baguette is what i've been craving for months. next stop, beef stew and hockey season

Shoo gainz goblin

Damn, what ever happened to butter bell user?

then where does it belong ?

won't it fall off tho?

Don't do that, it'll take a crane to get it out

In milk

Put the bread in the freezer

This will ensure that the butter is at a higher temperature than the bread, which will cause it to melt

Did you just fucking create a thread because you don't know how to make bread with butter?

The fucking people here baka