Ok guys, any industrial engineer here?

ok guys, any industrial engineer here?

I want to mass product cheap plastic garbage to scam weebs and kids.

Someone told me about injection molding, but I research it and it's expensive as fuck, bro.

Like, I can't even afford it.

So, what are other processes to make cheap plastic toys that aren't as expensive?

I was looking at silicone mold casting.
What other materials would be good for toys?

Other urls found in this thread:

alibaba.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do you want to be a bastard?

ask /3/ and /diy/

I want to make a living bro.

sorry if I make money off stupid manchildren by making plastic garbage of their waifus.

they're slow as fuck and I've been waiting several hours for them to answer.

You can pay to have a chinaman produce your toy in his sweatshop.

I know a guy who created a detachable plastic thermos handle and is currently dominating the market. He's already made upwards of 1mil and it's been about 6 months.

alibaba.com/ he used this company for production i believe

where in alibaba can you have your custom shit made ? Like I have a 3D model and I can convert it to pretty much any format. I want specific dimensions, I want 1000 units all colored and moving parts and I want it shipped.

No idea, but I do know it exists for sure

Just look around the webpage or call customer support

It's 3D printing suitable for mass production of cheap plastic waifu crap for losers?

If you go to /toy/ you'll find people who actually buy figures care if they're cheap looking or blobby. If you want to make cheap crap, start marketing to poor families in Dollar stores

If you want to make money you have to spend money. You will probably have to hire someone to design a mold.

This. Suck it up and pay the mould costs. You gotta spend money to make money.
No that's either shit-tier quality or expensive as fuck. 3D printed each one will cost £500 to make, injection moulding, you pay £5,000 for the mould and they use that to make 1000 for £500 so you end up paying £5,500 in total as opposed to £500,000

>they're slow as fuck and I've been waiting several hours for them to answer.
You're a fucking baby, learn some patience because none of this process is going to go well without it.

>where in alibaba can you have your custom shit made ?
Holy fuck.

You have to make inquiries to actual companies that do this. www.aimplastics.com is one that comes to mind. Call them and describe your product, they'll give you a rough estimate, and then do this for a bunch of other companies. Then pick the top five who are willing to work with you, but it seems like you're retarded and have no idea how any of this works.

>Like I have a 3D model and I can convert it to pretty much any format.
lmao

>I want specific dimensions, I want 1000 units all colored and moving parts and I want it shipped.
Uh, "specific dimensions" what? Do you mean a price quote? That's what's going to happen, you tell them what you want and they'll give you a quote and depending on the size of your product it will be like (just a number off the top of my head) $15,000 for 1000 units or so. Then if you want assembly, painting, etc that's going to be something else and likely will have to be done at a factory that handles these things. When all is said and done you'll probably have to pay a hell of a lot more for some "cheap plastic garbage" than you intended, certainly more than you anticipated.

Oh, and if you're going to be doing it off of an established character you WILL need the rights to that intellectual property. I shouldn't have to say why, but in the off chance that you're actually that full of yourself (and full of shit, I'm not sure why I'm explaining all of this to you because you won't be able to afford any of this) then I wholeheartedly support you going to prison for being a narcissistic retard.

Please record your conversations with sales reps and post them, I need a good laugh.

Why are you being an asshole to OP?

OP here.

It seems there are courses on my city on some trade schools to learn to make the molds.

It's a good trade job?

Oh, you!

>I want to mass product cheap plastic garbage to scam weebs and kids.
Make me a decent sakurako figure pls. Have my wallet whilst at it.

This seems like a thread more for Veeky Forums

or /diy/

Just help OP already

Sweet Ryu

I'm an asshole to everyone. I answered him, didn't I?

>It's a good trade job?
Sure, you will never be out of a job considering it's one of the most important industrial processes in the world. If somebody tries to tell you otherwise remind them that injection molding and vacuum forming has probably shaped in whole or in part most of the things in their lives.

If you want something steady that pays well, sure, but you'll need creativity on top of technical know-how too. Good luck to you if you do decide to pursue it.

>detachable plastic thermos handle
Alibaba is like ebay for bulk orders in Asia. It's not what you think it is.