Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyhalite
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's salt
it's pink

turns brown if you leave it out.

like blood.

It's salt, that is the color pink

I bought some Tibetan salt recently. Being overpriced, that pink color is propably fake, just some dye.

I want to imagine that pink salt is crazy good for you because it comes from a sacred mountain in the Himalayas... But that's probably Marketing bullshit. Then again faggot retards here don't believe in gluten intolerance and my own experience has told me that those people are sheltered cunts who are trying way too damn hard to be epic skeptics.

Tho i don't think it's wrong to get a placebo effect out of it.

It has extra minerals and whatnot in it that make it pink. People say it's healthier for you but that's mostly bullshit. It barely tastes different than any other salt. The only thing that really affects taste in different salts in the size and texture of the crystals. It is pink, though, so it looks cool. That doesn't do you much good though if you're gonna bake with it or something.

Gluten intolerance is a real thing but most people don't have it. Eating a gluten-free diet without a diagnosed intolerance is placebo, aside from the attendant reduction in carbohydrates that might help you reduce caloric intake.

this post is the only good post. listen to this post.

A doctor's diagnosis is only as good as the body of science behind it. The current state of science is infantile.

I never understand why you faggots shill so hard for science, it's not the end-all be-all and gluten intolerance has barely been studied

kill yourself.

>being this retarded

It's basically salt but it's pink

FUCK OFF BACK TO /pol/ YOU INBRED RETARD!

Agreed. It's mostly for appearance. I actually can tell the difference between the taste of colorless rock salt and pink salt. The pink salt has a slightly metallic, unpleasant sulfurous flavor. I once seasoned a pot of soup with it. That was a huge mistake. When the sodium chloride all dissolved, a teaspoon of insoluble reddish sediment accumulated at the bottom. It was inedible like red brick dust. Fuck pink salt. I'll eat vegetables to get minerals.

I thought pink salt was used in curing meats.
They dye it pink so you won't think it's regular salt and kill yourself by ODing on it.

hows black salt?

>we can determine whether or not someone is gluten intolerant, right now
>yee bruv but like science aint good enough we gotta study gluten more
On a scale from one to furry, how retarded are you?

this is correct
whatever little rock flakes make it pink also negatively effect the salt's versatility
if it dissolves it's awful

Lay off 'em Hal he's not hurtin' no one.

it's basically salt but the color is literally a meme, literally memeatic wavelength photons are reflected from it when light contacts it

Are you trying to say there's something furry about being retarded? It's not that bad.

It's good on chicken.

Heh. I just looked it up. Looks like my taste buds are fully functional. Himalayan shit salt has polyhalite inclusions which has a mohs hardness of 2.5 (mm, crunchy! enjoy your ground teeth), iron oxide (like fucking red bricks), and is 48% SO3 (fucking rotten eggs). Why do people think this shit is good?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyhalite

It's almost as if this is the crap salt you'd eat if you lived in an impoverished inhospitable mountainous region with no access to good salt. Of course rich 1st world assholes will love it. They like bottled tap water, too.

>RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

r9k got out again.

God of the gaps

it's pink and it's salt.

was cooking with regular salt not faggy enough for you, you fucking fairy?

Tastes exactly the same as normal salt with some completely negligible mineral content.

t. my dad fell for the meme

not worth a damn if it's not Himalayan

If it is then I can guarantee you that you are in for a great experience

It's made from fossilized dinosaur blood

They mine it from pink feldspar instead of normal feldspar.

falling for tibetan salt traders taking their yaks to the sacred lake. do you also buy manuka honey and kale?