Be physics major

>be physics major
>can't draw a mu to save my life

Is there hope for me?

No one can

Just draw a u and add a line at the end...tard

draw a "P" but give up on the last 15% and just write a lowercase L directly on it.

am I doing it right?

why is it so hard?

Start from the bottom left
draw a nice curve towards the top, then complete a regular u

how can you not

I think drawing sigmas is harder than drawing integral symbols.

the Integral isn't hard at all. How many of these faggots have no muscle control in their hands.

my sigmas always end up as rotated Ws

because you're trying to go too fast.

Starting from the top, just draw one horizontal bar. Then the rest is straightforward. If you try to take shortcuts, you will mess up invariably.

Protip: Write symbols you suck at slow, speed up over time. Experimentation helps. Don't be afraid to erase and re-write 4 times for practice. You sucked at Latin letters when you were a child. It has a lot to do with muscle memory, but there are also better and worse methods for every symbol.

Also worth pointing out, don't extend the middle corner all the way to the right edge. It goes about halfway.

you know exactly what to do

>it's a 'zeta and xi occur in the same context' lecture

I just do like 'u's but with a head start

you're a brainlet, son

what's the problem with that? You can't read or write?

finally someone who can write greek letters at least as well as I do.

>be engineer
>can't answer these questions
Literally disgraceful.
I'm hoping to spend summer thoroughly going over all the first year content and actually trying to understand what I'm reading.

What I mean is, so far my maths learning has been equivalent to me being given a rubiks cube, and then instead of solving it on my own, looking up the solution, solving it step by step like the solution, and then acting proud as if I did anything but follow a formula.

Anyone here ever manage to pull off a massive U-turn with grades in a stem field? As in, you were doing garbage in first year and then managed to catch up during summer

yes
first semester i copied the homeworks from other ppls
now im in top 5% of my uni

First learn what everything means:
They're giving you a force, which is a vector.
A vector is like an arrow, it points in a certain direction and has a certain length.
An easy way to represent this vector in a plane is by defining two standard vectors, each of length 1. These are the vector in the x direction, i, and the vector in the y direction, j.

So if I want to write down a vector that goes 3 to the right (in the x axis direction) and 2 down (in the y axis direction), I would write this vector as 3i-2j.

There are special types of vectors called unit vectors, that point in some direction, but have length exactly 1.

The length can be calculated by drawing the vector in question and applying pythagoras theorem. If you draw the previous example, 3 to the right and 2 down, you can draw a right angled triangle with lengths 3 and 2, and the hypotenuse is the length of the vector, so length = sqrt(3^2+2^2).

To make the vector 3i-2j into a unit vector, divide each individual component by the length of the vector. Therefore the unit vector of 3i-2j is 3/sqrt(3^2+2^2) i -2/sqrt(3^2+2^2) j.

A similar consideration with trigonometry can give you the angle relative to the x axis. In this case, the angle would be arctan(-2/3).

Always remember that it's very helpful to draw the vector starting at the origin to find out the angle and length.

Good luck

1. literally make the unit of F: [math] \hat{F} = \dfrac{\vec{F}}{||\vec{F}||} [/math]
2. literally draw the vector, notice how it's a right triangle, and use trigonometry to find the angle they want. you know what trig is right?
3. if you can't solve this you can't solve 1. I guess. literally google what the magnitude of a vector ( [math]||\vec{F}||[/math] ) is

Fuck, thanks Anons

The vertical line on the left is too tall, and the horizontal line on the right is too long.
Shit/10.

xi is complete bullshit

You forgot to factor in the zero fucks i give

How do you guys draw mu? Mine: μ

>not writing a lowercase L onto a u

The worst is [math]\zeta[/math]

i feel you

I'm bad at writing [math]\mathcal{D}[/math], always comes out weirdly slanted.

Thats how my professor writes mu

always force yourself to line the top and bottom strokes up with the page lines, or at least parallel to each other

This, most of my symbols look pretty okay, but I'm still erasing constantly if it doesn't look right. It's always a trade-off of how easy the notes are to read vs. doing the work faster.

zeta is sexy though

if you can differentiate between h and h bar, you can differentiate between ζ and ξ

>be physics major
>learnt ancient Greek in high school
>finally pays off, I'm the god of notation

ευδαιμονια.png

>be cs major
>cant into coding
kill me