What are some examples of scientific discoveries that had a significant impact on human thought and how the discoveries...

What are some examples of scientific discoveries that had a significant impact on human thought and how the discoveries changed human behavior on a large scale? I'm not talking about a minor discovery like how to make toothpaste taste better or some shit, I'm talking the big shit.

Evolution?

I don't think we really "discovered" evolution as much as we slowly learned of the process and its effects.

Germ theory

Maths.

We wouldn't be posting here without them.

How to make toothpaste taste better.

apply lemon juice to your teeth before prushing

This.

The creation of the Internet? Smartphones? Social networks?

*tips fedora*

Pestilences are caused by G-d. It says so in the Bible.

>discoveries

Gravity

Seriously, after Newton is when Science "really" started. And for a long time F=ma was considered the ultimate truth.

And later Einstein with General Relaitivity and E=mc^2

Those are the two biggest

Biggest three were:

Agriculture
Logistics
Irrigation

>Agriculture
Probably. And with that came astronomy teaching people how to tell when to prepare the soil. Ref. Dog Star. Thus also cam e division of labour and rise of civilisations.

>Maths
Strangely, no. Maths started perhaps with the Lebombo bone but impact is not clear.

Medical science is old and the realisation that illnesses could be cured had had a lasting impact. And trepanning started in prehistoric times.

Penis cillin

In terms of changing thought and behavior:

-The Copernicum system (sun at center of the solar system).
-Newton's Gravity
-Electricity and the electric motor (thanks Faraday)
-This-Bohr's Model
-Darwin's works on Natural Selection and Sexual Selection
-Development of Evolutionary theory
-the Big Bang Theory
-DNA as heritable information and its helical structure

Can't think of much that occurred in the 1960s and so on besides developments in quantum physics, etc etc. As far as affecting wide spread human thought and behavior, I don't think those did much.

>robot wearing earphones

why

Nitrogen Fixation. A discovery that revolutionized both war and peace.

You forgot geometry at the very beginning.

Knew I was forgetting something desu

Maybe he prefers the headphone's phonaesthetic, like peoples preference of vinyl

Cooking stuff on a fire