The King

Where are my XMR holders at? Monero gang for life, best crypto no doubt. #1 marketcap is a certainty by 2020.

10k in 2019, screencap this

Right here brotha. Other privacy coins can't compete.

>tfw bitcoin private BTFO like every monerobro knew it would

Memes and jokes aside, this is unironically a very good coin.

I'm trying to acquire but I have to wait like a week for coinbase to get me my bitcoin so I can trade for some. Why is there no place to purchase altcoins directly from fiat accounts?

This pos has been going sideways for forever now, I could've double my money if I had gone into any other shitty alt

Patience is a virtue. Bitcoin went sideways for years before it exploded.

Do you guys still hold BTC? I'm strongly considering just dropping BTC and going full XMR.

yeah, its the coin I dump when I need money, but Monero is my largest holding by far

How do y'all feel about BTCP, serious contender or complete shitcoin?

nobody cares about privacy
there will be regulation and guess what gets hit first?
And no, it won't disappear completely. Just from the exchanges like Binance which will prefer to dump it in the name of lesser evil.

and what happens to the price then, user?

There are a few. Kraken is one of the biggest in the US for direct USD/XMR trades. You have to go through some verification steps if you want to hook up a bank account but other than being a bit slow sometimes it's a legit site for simple trades.

Uh, zoom out? Monero has been sluggish over the past month or two but seriously look at last year. Also it's still instadumped by botnet miners (and will be) until we hit tail emission over the next few years. It's getting harder and harder to mine for sure though.

Brainlet question does the fork matter at all or is it network shit?

No, I only hold XMR. It's probably all I've ever use. Perhaps for some transactions where I want it to be as publicly available as possible for whatever reason I could use ETH, but it's not like XMR will live in solitude anyway.
This isn't an "ax your money by the end of b"-coin.

xmr.to is an amazing service, it's why I have considered just dumping the rest of my BTC for XMR. Anything under 0.1 BTC is sent without an XMR confirmation. Why even hold BTC anymore, is my thought.

Shitcoin, Bitcoin Private already takes the form of Zcash. And Zcash hasn't went anywhere. If there is one coin to slay BTC, I and many others are confident it will be Monero.

The price would go down if it get banned, however I don't see governments targeting specific cryptocurrencies if they decide to regulate. And people will care about privacy, when they realize sending Bitcoin to someone reveals your entire wallet balance.

The fork is a complete scam. Some have speculated that it is a way to break Monero's privacy, if people choose to claim their coins. If you can help it, don't claim your forked MoneroV coins.

Exactly. I just don't feel motivated to ever spend money in Bitcoin. What's the point? It reveals everything about your transaction history. Honestly, xmr.to is the main reason I think Bitcoin isn't needed for Monero holders anymore.

Nobody knows now, however as I see it, if they keep up the claims that they made in the AMA such as a Tor wallet, and the DEX and the mobile wallet with shielding this can be a top 5 coin. Team needs to deliver though and I am hoping they can.

Somewhere in between but closer to shitcoin than anything else. I stayed far away from the ZCL pump because it was obvious what was going to happen unless you got in on it back in Oct/Nov it wasn't worth it.

BTCP is essentially just another zksnarks space math privacy coin like Zclassic (now abandonware) and Zcash. Since it doesn't have the dev fee like Zcash it's at least a little bit less cancerous than that but the origins of it are so scammy it leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. Optional privacy coins are always going to lag behind Monero when it comes to serious anonymity. They are just more vulnerable to temporal analysis to reveal transactions.

>nobody cares about privacy
Monero's value vs. BTC/USD would take a hit due to any fud caused by an exchange banning it but its not like it still won't be used for confidential transactions and then shapeshifted/converted to BTC on a dex. Also, Streisand effect means governments likely won't say shit about Monero specifically because they want people thinking Bitcoin is private so they can actually track them. Ironic.

Zk-snarks are a much better process then RingCT however this coin doesn't really look to have a bright future in the close run. One can only hope the team keeps up and doesn't abondon it. (Which I doubt will happen since they hold monthly conferences around the country)

this gets my dick rly hard btw

the wallet sync its taking fucking forever even though i have imported blockchain and put the fast flag on.

you going to start a discord or not

Every time I think similar, monero goes insane
Thats how it works. Lots of sideways movement, big pump, sell off, settles and sideways again

>segwit

>Zk-snarks are a much better process then RingCT
Zk-snarks has interesting features but it is much less studied than other encryption methods and hasn't been around for long enough to stand up to a ton of academic testing. Also don't forget that Monero has stealth addresses in addition to ring signatures and RingCT, so it's not just the 5 default signatures that are providing plausible deniability to any tx.

It takes like a day, at least. It's a big blockchain (for you).

Big? the bitcoin blockchain took way less time.i guess thats because the hashes and keys are less complex?

Wait until btcp brings zk-STARKS

Zk-starks are fucking insane, the ability to do zksnarks without a middleman have me horny as fuck.

While RingCT are more tested for sure, I still don't think they are better then zksnarks. The fact that BTCP plans on introducing zk-starks (no snarks but starks) it will be 100 percent better privacy tech and I think we can both agree on that. RingCT sigs are still great but 5 is not enough imo, and SumoKoin has the right approach.

Yes, zero-knowledge proofs are "better". However, there is likely no meaningful difference in use.

Sure, given a single Monero transaction, you know that one input is "real", and the rest are decoys. For most transactions, there are four decoys. However, this isn't actually looking at the whole picture.

Suppose a merchant receives a Monero transaction, so they are able to single this one out. Yes, they indeed know one of the inputs is real. However, they do not know 1) what address any of these inputs came from, or 2) when these inputs were last actually spent.

Suppose I send a transaction to someone. I know what output I gave them. I could watch the blockchain to see when this output is used. However, even if it is used, I don't know if it's actually spent or used as a decoy.

So in practice, there should be no meaningful difference, even with a ringsize of 5. However, many Monero contributors still want to increase the ringsize nevertheless, and StringCT will help with that. It can be increased to 32 with no performance degradation.

There are certain edge use-cases where someone transacts several times with two colluding entities. These need more research to see if the default ring signature setup is sufficient.

Damn thanks dude, I learnt quite a bit from what you just told me.

I actually thank you for not being a dick and saying LARP haha scam haha lmao. The community behind Monero are pretty cool dudes and I regret every single day how I couldn't buy in below 30$ when I first saw it.

No problem man, it's not too late to pick up some Monero. Most Monero holders are pretty good guys, we're just passionate about privacy and financial freedom. Have a good day.

Thanks alot, and I'll def stop by

Thanks

>nobody cares about privacy
Yet trillions are being held in offshore banks around the world by people who desire privacy...

I love the fact the phone wireless store in my town is using an upside down monero logo.

Good job dipshits!

Yes, the blockchain for Monero is really large so it takes a long time to sync. Each Monero transaction is something like 8 times the size of an average bitcoin transaction.

>RingCT sigs are still great but 5 is not enough imo, and SumoKoin has the right approach.
As mentioned above, monero devs have openly discussed adding more rings to the default transaction from the current 5 but the overall consensus has been that it may not be necessary just yet. It would be pretty trivial for them to bump up the default to 13 or whatever Sumokoin's is but with confidential transactions and stealth addresses already in place, there are probably some diminishing returns to worrying about ring size right now. If a user is really paranoid right now they can actually enter a much larger ring size if they want to though. The option is right there in the GUI. I think you can go up to 20 or 21? Can't remember offhand.

Because you need amoney movers licence to start a company doing this and it is VERY expensive and very time consuming.

>This store accepts Wownero!

req has a money movers llicense

Monero is the fucking best. Slowly accumulating as much as I can.

WRONG, I never held or currently holding Monero but this is the only coin on the market which I would ever consider using as a currency.

Waifu is unimpressed

>If you can help it, don't claim your forked MoneroV coins.
this can't be stressed enough

this fork objectively affects monero's fungibility in the short term and besides it's pajeet shit, let it die in the street

People that think Monero's unlimited supply is a problem are fucking brainlets. I'm a little surprised someone didn't come up with the MoneroV scam earlier though because that's such a common "criticism" of Monero.

When there's the alt-coin massacre, not if but when, at least 50% (probably much MUCH more) of the cryptos on the market will disappear because they're either pointless in what they're supposed to accomplish or are metoos that are dubious or only minimally superior...

Monero will definitely survive, right now it's one of the 10 or fewer coins that people actually fucking use... even if it is for drugs, cheese pizza and tax evasion.

>pic
how to get diabetes 101