Hey ck i want to cook some chicken thighs soon. do you have any good recipes that a noob wouldn't fuck up?

hey ck i want to cook some chicken thighs soon. do you have any good recipes that a noob wouldn't fuck up?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2016/01/how-to-make-braised-chicken-thighs-cabbage-bacon.html
jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/hit-n-run-traybaked-chicken/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just cover them in some flour and pan fry in non-shit oil. And cut off the fatty gristle before.

This, but don't forget salt and pepper, and msg

Maybe a little bit of cayenne for spice

pan roast with cast iron.
salt thighs at least a half hour before cooking.
Preheat oven to 400
Heat pan over medium toss in chicken skin side down.
brown until golden. flip chicken and move skillet into the oven until your favorite cooking temp has been reached.

doesn't sound bad, but maybe a bit bland. i guess if i used some salt and pepper it could be good

Chicken + heat is enough to be delicious. You can do pretty much anything as long as you don't go out of your way to ruin it.

idk man i'm pretty bad at cooking chicken. i always seem to overcook it whenever i try and it turns out dry and chewy

New cooks should invest in an instant read thermometer. I recommend the thermoworks thermopop. It's 30 bucks and worth every penny.

i'll look into it. thanks dude

sounds like a good method. i don't have a cast iron, but i could probably just transfer to an oven pan or whatever.

I have to stress the importance of the meat thermometer as well. Also, you pretty much can't over-season chicken. Use more seasoning than you think you would need!

If they've got bones in them, they'll take a longer time to cook than you may expect. You have a few options:

* Cut the bones out. Makes them easier to cook, but you lose something imo.

* Bake them. Set a temp and timer and hope your recipe is correct for your over.

* Stove top. This way you'll be watching them the entire time. Best way for me personally.

I like to sautee onions and peppers, add tomato sauce, and braise the chicken in the sauce in a cast iron pan on the stove. Medium heat with a lid. Add paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.

>dk man i'm pretty bad at cooking chicken. i always seem to overcook it whenever i try and it turns out dry and chewy

The secret to keeping chicken moist is to boil it in water.

These faggots are giving you way too many steps. Salt liberally and under the skin if you'd like. Herbs, cumin, or etc is good too but salt pep and garlic are go-tos. Leave that Bone in for flavor. Rub with oil of any kind and pop in a preheated oven at 375 for 30 minutes. Easy.

thanks satan this sounds super manageable. i'll probably end up going with this.

bump. anything good i can do with a few more ingredients? is there a way to get a full meal out of these bad boys?

seriouseats.com/2016/01/how-to-make-braised-chicken-thighs-cabbage-bacon.html
You can apply this technique to pretty much any stew

smoked chicken thighs are GOAT

this looks delicious. thanks for the recipe.

I love chicken thighs. Easiest is to put them on a baking sheet and into a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes if they are boneless and skinless, up to 40 minutes if they have bone and skin.

Before inserting into oven, give them some salt and pepper. That's good enough. But I love adding some ClubHouse chicken spice too, or mixed herbs, or whatever you like.

If it's skinless, I brush on some olive oil which helps keeps it moist. With skinless, I get a bowl and add a little olive oil, throw the spices into the oil, and then brush it on. Feel free to pull it out five minutes early and brush on some bbq sauce. Don't do that at the start or it'll just burn because of the sugar content.

When I'm using clean chicken, either organic or from a decent butcher and it's hormone and antibiotic free, I save the drippings. I refrigerate that and use the fat for frying other stuff and the juice as a base for stock, soup, gravy, slow cooking, lots of great stuff.

Now I'm getting hungry. Shit.

Juice yourself up some veggies, Juicefag.

awesome. thanks user. mine are boneless but they still have skin. i was thinking of doing something to make the skin crispy like in the recipe that this user recommended. the oven method sounds pretty simple though, so maybe i'll have to go with that

You could try pic related

It's super easy to make and I find it very tasty

looks great! do you have a recipe, or general instructions? should i just follow the other oven anons' advice and just throw some veggies in too?

Chicken thighs fucking such unless you are making a slow cook stew/curry with lots of herbs/spices (eg butter chicken). Breast is superior.

it's basically this jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/hit-n-run-traybaked-chicken/

you can vary a bit some of the veggies depending on your taste I guess

the only "secret" I can provide is to make sure that the chicken thighs are under all dem tasty juicy veggies, it'll taste amazing at the end

and make sure you don't replace the (dark) balsamic vinegar, it does wonders with that combination

I also found that sometimes I would put too many tomatoes or use overly-juicy ones; you don't really want a big puddle in there

but all in all, if you follow the quantities written in that recipe it'll turn out very good anyway

needless to say, DO NOT replace the thighs with breast, it won't work

Adding some sliced chorizo is great aswell

Chicken teriyaki is one of my favorite ways to use thighs.

Remove the skins and bones, and cut them against the grain into strips.

Next, put them into a container. Add some garlic powder, soy sauce, a bit of sugar, pepper, some cooking wine (sherry, or mirin work best) and water.

Let this marinate for a few hours. Every so often, put some gloves on and just rub the shit out if it. Itll suck up the marinade and be super tender and juicy.

Next, just pan fry the chicken until the strips are evenly browned on all sides. Add some teriyaki sauce to finish them off. Serve over rice with some steamed vegetables

Salt
Pepper
Oregano
Bay leaves
Prunes
Capers
Green olives
Red wine vinegar
Dry vermouth
Fresh chopped garlic

Marinate in above ingredients for at least 12-24 hours. Bake at 350° sprinkle a little light brown sugar over top the last 10 minutes of bake time. Enjoy

pleb detected, thighs have so much more flavour in them, chicken breast is the thing that needs herbs and spices to stop it tasting so bland

Oh man, with chicken thighs I love making goulash. Grandma's recipe and it is so easy and delicious.

Boil 1.5-2 of water for later use
Dice up some onions then fry them with oil in a big pot
While onions are cooking, peel and dice 8-9 small potatoes of your choice
Add in family pack of chicken thighs, skin off but you can keep the bone in
Add a butt ton of Hungarian paprika, AKA the Lord's seasoning
Add in ~3 to 4 tablespoons of salt
Mix it all together until paprika turns everything red
Once chicken has a nice colour to it (about 5 minutes) add in boiling water and potatoes
Set to low for 45 to 60 minutes, no need to stir
And bam it's done! You can add more salt at the end if you'd like more too

if you do this don't keep schecking the skin to see if its brown. wait a bit then give the ban a shake. if you can move it around then you can check to see the color. if it sticks to the pan, it's not brown and needs to crisp up more/ of your heat was too low and it's not going to crisp up.

Fuck you.

>get one of those big disposable turkey roasters from dollar tree
>combine 4 tsp salt, 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp white pepper, 1/2 tsp cayenne, 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp garlic powder together and mix well
>add enough olive oil to make a paste with a little splash of white vinegar
>brush chicken thighs with marinade (you better be using bone-in thighs goddamn you)
>let sit covered in the fridge for a few hours
>cook at 375 for an hour, flipping halfway through

I unironically boil it before grilling it and it turns out well

>Fuck you

What did he mean by this? It really made me think.