Recent purchases

What cookware did you purchase recently?
I got this on impulse at value village for $3.99. Not sure what the hell the size is good for, grilled cheese maybe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8TW-4Pv3U3Y
foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/okra-laced-hoecakes-recipe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bought a waffle iron from amazon for like 12-something. Can't wait to use it on some croissants.

Great pan if you are just cooking for one person. I have one similar and use it for veggies, grilled cheese, melts and breakfast (eggs and sausage)

square pancakes

Japanese omlette pan

You could keep that under the front seat of your car just incase you have to bash some assholes face in.

it's smaller than it looks. probably 3x3 inches.

It's for scratching the everloving fuck out of your glass top stove

Then it's literally completely useless. ..wtf

You could cook like one egg in there, if you wanted a square egg.

A bag of plastic plates that you throw away after one use and two of forks

Curious. Why use a waffle iron on croissants?

>square egg.
perfect for egg sammiches

you could cook 3 square meals a day with this thing.

>sammiches
why is this board obsessed with babytalk? you expect your mother to pat your head as you post or something?

this

It's for autistic people that want square omelette, square pancake, square whatever.

Autists and japanese go crazy for geometry.

Kek

youtube.com/watch?v=8TW-4Pv3U3Y

>like one egg
>like
One egg or not?

roughly one egg

I'm moving to my own place from living with parents. I spent a few hundred on cookware, got some knives, a ss pan, a wok pan (stir fries are my favorite and it's cheap) and some smaller stuff like stone mortar and pestle. I figured I'd rather buy good equipment and buy food with the remaining 100-150 eurobucks a month than have shit pans and knives and not cook as much and spend more money on food.

Weaboos not welcome.

1 ± 0.5 eggs.

no it's not. the edges on a japanese omlette pan are much higher to facilitate folding and they are almost always made of carbon steel not cast iron. this is an american made flat griddle pan

Give me some tighter tolerances than that.

You seem to be quite interested in Japanese things?

I need a scale for OP's image, I don't know how accurate his 3 inch estimate is.

Looks like a 5x5 pan, you could definitely fit 2 eggs in there.

I live next to a good will outlet and I've been getting all kinds of kitchen supplies this past year. I got a bunch of glass bowls, knives, waffle iron and so on for practically nothing.

What the fuck are you doing OP?

>posting a sharpie
well, its gotta go in pooper now

Warming up sharpie for pooper.

>sharpie
More like shartie.
Amarite, Veeky Forums?

>electric stove
Damn, that's unfortunate.

I little pan like that might be okay for toasting a chile pepper or onion before whirling it up for homemade salsa. Baby comal griddle. It has very low edges, so I think it's a bit of a fire hazard with a lot of ideas mentioned here. But, it could be set out on a BBQ on the side for things that might fall through the grates. A little garlic bread to griddle. I can't tell from the picture that much really. But, in argentine food, there's some bell peppers grilled with melted cheese, and that would catch the drips. Little arepa or pupusa or small tortillas can be toasted there.
Could it be for raclette for use under your broiler?

Anyway, if you don't use it frequently, it'll be a bitch to keep seasoned.

Might be alright to do some kind of indian bread on this thing...kulchas or paranthi.

I have a thin round one about that size which I use for lacey okra hoecakes. See how in the pic it doesn't have sides? Helps you get under it to flip it, or pinch it really fast.
foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/okra-laced-hoecakes-recipe.html

I have that same pan, and I didn't know what to do with it either until I discovered the magic of rolled omelets.

yeah idk hey, reeks of a fucking "kitchen hack: cook bacon in your toaster!" bs

I went on a spree through the Asian and Middle Eastern markets. Turns out they all sell crucial cookware along with their food imports and exotic produce. Inexpensive too!

What are those things on the left?

Barbecue skewers for ground meat and whole meat, shashlik skewers, a potato peeler, ...

Nice!