Then 1 out of 300
Then 1 out of 100
Then 1 out of 10
Then 1 out of 3
Now it's 1 out of 2
>sane.org/mental-health-and-illness

So:
A.) Psychiatrists are bad at math?
C.) More people are becoming ill [odd, I thought medicine halted epidemics]?
D.) More illnesses are being discovered
E.) Expanding criteria is either false or had until recently underdiagnosed billions
F.) The entire thing is bunk
G.) ???

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marinaleda
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1 in 300 to 1 in 2
[Citation needed]

This makes me very depressed.

More diseases are being discovered and the scope of prior diseases are being redefined. As you so very clearly illustrate yourself, mental health has very ignorant connotations associated with it and it's important to point out that not everyone who has some mental health related issue is a stark raving lunatic who has to be locked up in an asylum for the rest of their life.

You wouldn't find it odd for a doctor to state that >=50% of humans will experience at least a cold in their lifetime, and will at point during this benefit from a cough drop or aspirin. Why are you so horribly offended at the idea that the majority of us will benefit from a session of counseling or a short round of chemical inhibitors when the mind is going through an unduly high amount of stress?

would you believe them if they straight up came out and said everyone is fucked? All of us? No. No-one would believe them, hence progressive exposure

The criteria changed.

in science we have this thing called "progress", you should look into it, and dont forget to make an effort to understand the implications

None of the above. Psych studies are rarely if ever reproducible.

i'd tell you why
but then you'd all
go out
and try to fix the mental health industry
when it will be me
ME I TELL YOU!

Growing urban sprawl.
Global warming hysteria(apocalypse mentality).
The idea that the rich are taking everything.
White males overdosing on heroine.
Horrible living conditions for most Americans.

Why are you even questioning the idea that mental health is deteriorating ?

>E.) Expanding criteria is either false or had until recently underdiagnosed billions

This except not "false," a diagnostics criteria cannot be "false" because it is not a statement of fact.

>"If the weight is higher than 600 pounds, the couch will collapse"
^-- statement of fact, can be true or false.

>"If the seat gets narrower than four feet, it stops being a couch and becomes a chair"
^-- not a statement of fact, cannot be true, cannot be false.

The second statement is USEFUL - if you're wondering why your new line of couches isn't selling, it is good to know that most people consider your furniture "chairs" but it's not "true." - for example, if you're selling to the small people of the Asian market, maybe they think 3.5 feet is a couch but 3 feet is a chair. If you're selling to the giant space aliens that just landed, maybe it's a chair until it's ten feet wide.

Mental diagnostics criteria are the second type of statement.

>"If the patient has at least two out of symptoms X, Y and Z, the patient has mental illness M"

That wasn't a statement of fact. It can become a statement of fact if you change it:

>"If the patient has at least two out of symptoms X, Y and Z, the patient has mental illness M according to the diagnostics guidebook."
^-- statement of fact. But it's not a statement about the patient, or about mental illness, it's a statement about what the book says.

G.) Capitalism

Things were worse in the USSR and are worse in China.

But not in most of Europe, not in Canada. Granted the population disparity in all this is massive, but they're still happier, more free, and more equal than we are in the US. I wish the Fed would drop dead and the states became their own cute little nations.

Who's more happy and free ?
Think you need to visit China or Cuba (and not the parts they advertise in the tourism brochures).

Pic strongly related

What does China or Cuba have to do with anarchy, faggot?

Your post was incoherent. I had to guess what you meant.
Anarchy is a lie. It can not exist as societies are intrinsic to human nature.

The Spanish dabble in anarchy in 1936 was a pure and utter disaster that amounted in totalitarianism.

You can have decentralized community entities in an egalitarian community, the necessity of government is an illusion. An anarchistic society is still a society.
>the counter-revolution was sponsored by the USSR
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marinaleda
Hu'h, Spain, no police, a mouthpiece, egalitarian, co-op...

>A.) Psychiatrists are bad at math?
YES
>C.) More people are becoming ill
YES
>I thought
NO
>D.) More illnesses are being discovered
YES
>E.) Expanding criteria is
NO, "criteria" is plural, retard

>What does China or Cuba have to do with anarchy, faggot?

Yours is literally the first post to mention anarchy you dense retard.

>Psychiatrists are bad at math?
Indubitably.
>More people are becoming ill?
That's the story.
>More illnesses are being discovered
Invented, not discovered.
>Expanding criteria is either false or had until recently underdiagnosed billions
Can you "diagnose" life, health, safety, and sanity?
>The entire thing is bunk
Mmmmmm... "Not good enough."
>???
People are suggestible and psychiatry is a market feedback loop that involves studying the effects of modern psychology on the population. The results are not kind so far.

>I thought medicine halted epidemics
>thought
Well there's your mistake:

Medicine doesn't work on thoughts.

Fuck. I laughed me socks off.