What did you cook today Veeky Forums?

What did you cook today?

Pic related, its my experimental pizza which I call Russian Orthodox Pizza. The crusts were stuffed with Pirozhki filling (beef and onion), the sauce was khrenovina sauce, and the toppings were onion, cabbage, beef steak, herring, pelmeni, and the leftover pirozhki filling and cheese.

On the side, I dipped in both smetana and khrenovina sauce.

To drink there was kvass. When we ran out, there was milk.

So what about you guys? What did you guys make today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU
foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/pizza-dough-recipe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What did you cook today?

Absolutely nothing. Across the street was a catered grillout. All you can drink beer, open bar, live music, corn cobs, grill-out food, salad bar, delicious.

Thank you for reading my gay blogpost.

Did you go out with anybody? What part of the US are you from?

Yes, we did. Wisconsin. Kind of a cool Saturday.

That's always fun, so long as if you enjoy their company. I can't remember the last time I had some real american food like what you had (Californian here).

Basil gnocchi becuase i have too much basil atm. texture was really good but the basil turned brown and didn't taste good at all. hopefully it'll make better pesto.

How did you end up with too much pesto if I may ask?

Working on my chicken parm game. I don't have a mallet, so I used my heavy 12' stainless steel pan to hammer them out. Only could get them about 1' thick, though. Still didn't turn out too bad.

Pics?

Nah. It wasn't too glorious, since it's v. 0.1. All I had was powdered parmesan cheese. Next time I will, though, when I have some mozzerella and can cook them a bit longer (they were ever so slightly pink).

I had the last of my summer tomatoes so I decided to make angel hair with a fresh tomatoe, basil, and brie sauce. Turned out really well though I didn't take pictures.

I made a cottage pie. It's kinda boring.

That looks delicious, OP.

This is a strangely civil thread.

On topic, I made a beef stroganoff today. It was alright.

I made a cute grilled cheese today

I made a 3-egg omelette for breakfast after watching

youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU

it was okay

Why is your khren not red? Literally shit tier khren.

oats again.
then meat & 3 veg again.
then 4 mini pizzas again.
#storyofmylife

share your pizza crust recipe, OP? also, your pie looks tasty.

omelets have been my go-to breakfast for myself and the gf these past few sunday mornings. did you fill it with anything interesting?

On topic, i mixed up a batch of the "secret 11 herbs and spices" from the list that got leaked the other day. it was "meh" at best. granted, i only browned the chicken thighs, then finished it in the oven, so i ended up with subpar chicken with flabby skin, and an ok flavored breading. thats what i get for not going all out and filling a pot with oil and actually frying it all the way through. fortunately chicken thighs are $.87/pound right now, so it was only a few dollars wasted, and i at least can shred up the cooked chicken. maybe i'll make an omlete!

nothing special, just some scrambled eggs on some fancy bread

got some left over fajita mixture from last night and gonna make some sweet potato fries to go with them for dindins tonight

Interesting. I would seriously love to try this. Looks/sounds tasty.

I've been deep frying everything lately bu still trying to maintain some semblance of healthy eating. It was deep fried squid yesterday and today was fish tacos

burned these still drunk this morning at like 1 am. they still tasted fine.

gonna make chicken fried chicken with mashed potatos later.

Thanks!

I'm not sure to be honest, but I know that the tomatoes I used weren't fully ripe (As in, the insides of the tomatoes didn't all have fully developed seeds)

I also used 1 red bell pepper in order to control the strength of the horseradish and garlic while adding some sweet flavors.

I also had to use a blender instead of a meat grinder, since I didn't have a meat grinder.

Not sure what made the thing pink to be honest famalamadingdong.

Whether or not it was shit tier (It was my first time making it), the sauce was mild enough that I could use it in place of tomato sauce, and when blended with smetana complimented it surprisingly well.

Sure thing! I used an online recipe with some modifications: foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/pizza-dough-recipe.html

I made 2 separate batches of that dough, and then combined them once the stretching and kneading took place. In the case of this pizza, I had to substitute 3/4 cup per batch with All Purpose flour, because I ran out of bread flour.

Still turned out tasty!

What's in it? Foods with the name "Cottage" on it typically are straight forward but reliable at least.

Thanks!

Looks gorgeous! Did you make your own salsa?

Feel free to post the results here, I'm curious.

taco soup

Yeah I fried up some onions, garlic, tomatoes and grilled chillies and blended it down with some cider vinegar to give it a little vinegary kick and then finished it off with some lime juice

What I like to do with powdered Parmesan is add it to my flour mixture for the breading. Comes out bretty dank.

I bet that crust was amazing.

Very nice looking!

Yum

I made seared cod with asparagus, mango salsa and chipotle aioli tonight... and I'm sure this picture will come out sideways since I'm phone posting.

That looks and sounds awesome.

We had Hungarian lecso for dinner, cheap & easy, but adding gyulai sausage makes it taste that much better.

Canned some jam

it actually is kinda boring, you're not lying. its like, fascinating boring

uggo kawaii desu senpai eeeeeeeeeeeee

What kind of jam am I looking at here?

I made ribs

Then I plated them like a pretentious faggot

Thug life

Made some deep dish because I think I cracked lou malnatis recipe

>Russian Orthodox Pizza.

this was unnecessary but im glad you did it, OP

>I made ribs in my oven today
FTFY

ill plate my balls on your face if you ever do that again

I reheated one of my frozen burritos that I made with ground turkey (with taco seasoning), a little cheddar, cilantro lime rice and black beans with a side of pico de gallo that I made.

Julienned carrots and apple with random mixed green leaves, rice noodles, soft boiled eggs on top and crispy bacon for some crunchy saltyness. Sauce/ dressing is mayo, sweet chilli sauce, little soy and 2 small tins of tuna in springwater.

Sounds weird i know but it was fucking delicious, i was craving tuna and this shit was all about the tuna.

Just got a pizza stone. Made some fresh tomato sauce and topped with csa peppers and local mozz. Fresh sauce was superfluous though.

Aware me on best practices.