Coffee thread

testing out some new espresso beans i got at a local roaster and i just downed 4 double shots in the past hour. i think i can now see through time

Other urls found in this thread:

abandoncoffee.com/home/madcap-elefante?rq=elefante
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If caffeine can set you off this hard, I hope by god you stay away from amphetamines.

Hey, you can get ephedrine by the pound. Just go to your local drug store and ask for BronkAid.

>americano
>literally watered down espresso
el americANO

i think i'm going to buy a crossland cc1

I'm going to have a table with just coffee shit on it since my kitchen is too small for a grinder and a machine on the counter

who needs kids or a wife...

flat white based drink

Anyone else scale here?

Coffee is amazing when properly ratio'd.

classic sharts

I'm kind of new to exploring different coffees and I'm looking for something that tastes good enough to just drink black, I'm tired of adding Stevia and stuff to my drink in the morning, it's getting to be expensive

medium dark espresso roasts. richness, chocolatey notes and complexities make them delicious without the added sugar

Obviously, f a m

Have any of you had some of happy mugs light roasts?

I've had the Kenyan AA Light Roast (although it's called something else now I believe), and it's one of my favorites.

Happy Mug.
Buy some samples until you find one you like. Get a french press if you don't already have one (or anything that isn't a drip machine), properly ratio your coffee. You'll never go back.

I own both acaia scales. I fucking love scales.

>crossland cc1
That looks nice, tell me more about it!

Proper coffee preparation without scales is impossible. i didn't fall for the coffee brand scale meme though, just using my gf's baking scale

Posting my shit since no-one commented on it in the last thread.

I meant with any kitchen scale that can weigh in grams.

Acaia scales seem unecessary.

I like their honey processed Costa Rica. Fruity and slightly sweet

That's silly. You make it as strong or as weak as you like, there's no perfect coffee ratio.

>there's no perfect coffee ratio

I disagree. Sour coffee is shit coffee no matter where it comes from.

That's very nice.

You're the best!

Of course, but the best way to do that is to keep track of how many grams you used each time so you can tweak accordingly the next time...duh

I'll just leave this here and see what happens.

>one rounded teaspoon

Is that a full-doser or just a really dirty one? Either way, pic-related.

I have the second from right, whatever it's called. Good for a broke ass student but I'm getting tired of this mediocore coffee I'm making. I wanna get into it more but hell it's all so expensive. I tried all the popular brands of ground coffee and either it's all shit or I'm shit for not being able to prepare it right. Also I'm a sugar-milk fag, sorry, but even with those both things I can rarely make something nice. On the other hand any coffee to go,even from a fucking mac, is better than all I make at home. wtf!

aye habeeb know india

Buy a Hario Skelton or a Porlex (decent hand grinders) and find an online bean shop/roaster that delivers to your area. "Fancy" brand-name ground coffee is completely pointless, you pay a premium for coffee that won't be as good a variety or as freshly roasted as what you would get from a roaster/bean shop and the fact that it's pre-ground means it will be even shittier.

It really won't be that expensive for you. It works out roughly $1 per coffee all things included.

>I tried all the popular brands of ground coffee
You don't grind them fresh? That is a big difference. Get whole beans and a grinder. Those hand burr grinders are like under $20.

Any idea how to get syrupy thick espresso? Is it just about the brew ratio being higher than 50%? Like using 18g of beans for 30g of espresso.

Keep in mind, if you're playing with brew ratios (or even with different baskets) you should tweak your grind accordingly.

I tried making a pour over coffee today.

As expected it tastes somewhere in between a french press and an aeropress. It's alright I guess.

I liked making it though because it was fun and stupid. I've been thinking of getting a siphon dealy next for similar reasons. What do those taste like?

Anybody here put alcohol in their coffee? What are some good mixes?

Just ordered this from Madcap Roasters.

It's a very unique varietal from El Salvador which the tree produces cherries much larger than the regular bourbon. So basically more mucilage and juices and nutrients for the bean.

Low production year tho ~150lbs.

Fucker set me back $35 bucks for 12 oz. Going to brew it v60 but ive been hitting up madcap and some other baristas in order to dial my grind in and get the brew method down.

abandoncoffee.com/home/madcap-elefante?rq=elefante

Initial review by some guy

Siphons basically make super clean cups. Little to no oil, but its a bitch to clean and brittle as fuck. Don't drop those fuckers.

Start a new topic.

I used to love instant coffee.

Yeah I keep hearing about how clean it is but I guess I'll have to try it to find out for myself since I don't really know what it would compare to.

I made sure to get the biggest glass thing I could for my pour over to see if I'm ready to handle a much more expensive glass thing though.

Excellent advice, but make sure to go for the 60 count box, (Walgreens, CVS, etc), it's a much better value than the smaller one.

I'm starting to get really annoyed by the thinness of the glass that all these companies use. Hario, Bodum are prime-offenders form the brand names but everyone seems to be doing it.

Rum, vodka, and gin all work well enough.

I'm partial to a healthy dose of Crown in mine on the weekend.

Here's what I do.

I wake up, get out of bed at around 6:20 AM, right before the sun rises. I walk downstairs, put some water from the tap (my neighborhood has soft mineral water, perfect for coffee) into my Fino Kettle I bought on Amazon for $20 (1/3 the price of the Hario Buono), and start grinding my single-origin Colombian I purchased from a local third-wave roaster. The grinder is always conical burr. I grind 16-17g of coffee, invert my AeroPress, pour in 50g of hot water, let it sit for 15 seconds, then fill it. Then I cap, flip, press slowly, take my cup and go outside to my front porch where the sun has just started to rise and I sit and watch as the world wakes up with my cup of hot coffee in hand in the cold misty morning air.

rum

I've had a lot of different roasts, from local places and from the nearby big city, from amateurs and home roasters and from the big boys.

I have a question: why does the shit they roast at my work taste completely fucking different from every other roast I've ever had? It's so much more sour and astringent. It doesn't really taste so hot on it's own, but I'm too humble and embarassed to admit this to anyone at work. I think they'll be offended and say I have a shit palette.

Should espresso taste so sour? I feel like only drip tastes sour like this. Espresso usually has a more savory taste for me.

Espresso really shouldn't. The coffee at your work... Is it like Nespresso machvine?

>Should espresso taste so sour?

only if it's under extracted. whoever is making it sucks or they have a shit setup. or they're using stale shit beans or preground shit

you forgot to stir

Noice