Hey, Veeky Forums, what are some good lactose free cheeses. Not just greasy cheese flavored rubber...

Hey, Veeky Forums, what are some good lactose free cheeses. Not just greasy cheese flavored rubber. I mean like actual cheese you can cook with. Are there any good types or brands that you guys would recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I do not recommend lactose free cheese. Nobody does. Ever. I googled that shit, and the only result was this thread.

In fact, when I googled "lactose free cheese", it asked me if I meant "pretentious niggotry"

>lactose free
>cheese

Pick one

forget that. start taking vitamin D3 and acidophilus daily. then eat some nice cheese after a week and enjoy. (results vary) the only thing that still effects me is a yarlsburg, but not as much as it once did. the d3 will help with allergies if you got them too. I'm a long time sufferer. I like to pass on what I learn and try.

Yogurt. That's about the only thing you can use. You can get creaminess from it but not sharpness or anything. But yeah Maybe try a little bit at a time until your stummy can take it?

Good to know. Would you say that vitamin regimen works better than those probiotic pills?

You may want to ask about it on boards.Veeky Forums.org/lgbt with the rest of the fags.

Actually, if the milk was fermented before making into cheese, it may have very little lactose. Not sure what are the requirements for calling something lactose free though.

Real, fresh buffalo mozzarella is supposedly practically lactose free. In fact, most lactose is consumed by bacteria in the traditional cheese-making process. I'm lactose intolerant, but I get no symptoms from real mozzarella, goat fetâ, hard cheeses like parmigiano or well-aged unpasteurised cheeses (like taleggio).

I feel bad for you, you came here looking for advice and instead you were mocked relentlessly.
You must feel like a real faggot.

Avoid any kind of lactose free cheese at all costs
>brother became lactose intolerant so she bought some vegan cheese for him to try
>was immediately disgusted, I tried a bit myself
>actually smelled like ass, tasted foul, and was weirdly crumbly but not in a good crumbly cheese way, more like a compacted sawdust way

>so she bought
Meant to say my mom bought

All hard, aged cheese is naturally lactose free. Eat as much high quality cheese as you want. Dairy free """cheese""" is something else.

Avoid anything American. Seriously.

I can't say which is better. I stopped using acidophilus for a few months before taking d3, both work great, but the d3 gave me the allergy benefit. also, if your want soft non aged cheeses that won't effect you, try cheeses from goat and sheep's milk. they are naturally lactose free. if you can get your hands on it, camels milk cheeses. better than cows milk. and a cheese that you can get semi soft and dry over time that's awesome is Paški sir, also know as Pag sir, (pag cheese). made island of Pag, Croatia.

>lactose free
>cheese

Deli/cheese shop guy here.

Both sheep and goat milk are lactose free, as well as hard cheeses aged past 18 months. Some processes also remove lactose.

Tl;dr: get some lactaid

pick none

- there is kefir cheese, but it's kinda shit and may or may not actually be lactose free, depending on who made it
- i will recommend, however, fermented bean curd (i.e., tofu). It's not cheese, shouldn't be eaten like cheese because it's more like a condiment, but it can give you a similar satisfaction to cheese, even butter.

/thread

The Arla Lactofree mature cheddar is a relatively serviceable, if not particularly mature and overpriced, cheddar - that suffices for most normal uses, but it is far from spectacular.

For anything else, while there are some which would be safe - see - you're best off getting some lactase enzyme otherwise.

I have had one vegan "cheese" which was not completely shit, but I couldn't tell you which one it was and I'm pretty sure it's the only one that's even close to edible. You don't want to go down that route.

Lactose-free milk is readily available, although my girlfriend prefers soya. For butter, you can get the Lactofree spreadable, but you're probably just better off with margarine.

The fermantation process reduces or eliminates the lactose, dumbass. You can eat normal cheese, unless you actually have a milk allergy instead of lac intolerance.

wut iz u? lack toast and tolerant?