Engineering General Thread /egt/ - Anal Shear Stress Edition

Get in here, discuss your current engineering major, how much you like it, job prospects, and what you like about it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zpmx8DN85fA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/thread

i'm shit at calculus and wondering how i'll get through differential equations over the summer. how much calculus is there in differential equations? i've only done single-variable calculus

This is literally how I would imagine working at an engineering firm is like but just doing this for 12 hours a day

>how much calculus is there in differential equations?
Kek

i barely received a C this semester by cheating on every exam using wolfram.

best of luck if youre doing it from memory.

Sage

ME right now, but probably switching to Petrol, Natural Gas or Civil... maybe EE. I like all the technical stuff and things you learn from the classes. I just dont want to be stuck behind a desk all day though... Mainly doing this to try and fly in the military, but I know it will pay off if I dont get to fly bc of experience and then after you can find a job with relative ease. Engineering is cool besides all the bs they make you go through to get that shitty piece of paper.

IM FINISHED

Whats wrong user, what about calculus is difficult

What did you guys think/like/dislike about calc 3?

i love making control systems of all my boyfriends cocks. Guess what the input is ;)

>Mainly doing this to try and fly in the military,

w-why not a pilot then, user?

plenty of pilots /who are also engineers/ fly military aircraft, but I wouldn't say the engineering background serves any real advantage there over flight school and officer training

by single, you mean up to calculus 2 right? you should be fine if you have calculus 2 under your belt. Probably better if you had multi too tb.h

Can't tell if satire.

youtube.com/watch?v=zpmx8DN85fA

A differential equation relates functions to their derivatives. "Solving" one means finding every function for which it is true.
Granted you need to know the basic derivatives and integrals but the class is largely new skills. Topics and focus can vary widely based on who's teaching it and why. As an engineer you can expect the class to be either heavily applications-driven or a sort of encyclopedic approach to solving various types of equations.

You have to have a degree to be an officer, you have a better chance of being a pilot with a science related degree, not to say you need one, but it looks better, then If I liked and was a good enough pilot I could be a test pilot and if all that falls through Ill get some pretty good experience doing something engineering related. Plus I think I should join the military in general just to give back.

MOSS caught me today. 0 on just the assigment, not being kicked out thank god.

Is it just me, or are all CompSci majors sneaky bastards?

Software engineering, we are in a loving relationship, 100k starting, any job I want, everything

Gingers are my fetish user
Fuck you