Suggestions please Veeky Forums

Suggestions please Veeky Forums.
Girlfriend wants a "fancy dinner at home". Decided on doing her a nice fillet of beef. I've got the potatoes (smoked purée) and wine (a good Veronese) down, I just can't think of a nice accompaniment. Anything you lot could recommend to go with above?

A hot, tasty 'gozzer

>'gozzer
Newfag plz leave.

Buttered mushrooms and a nice tossed salad.

Girlfriend weights 92lb, this would literally take her a week to eat
MButtered mushrooms could be an idea. Any specific kind? Looking for something a bit more subtle/refined than just tossed salad though.

Green beans stir fried in peanut oil with sliced garlic, ginger and chili. Deglazed with sake.

Green asparagus roasted or pan fried in olive oil, only seasoned with coarse salt and coarse black pepper.

Steamed sugar peas (Is that what you call them?) drizzled with a light vinaigrette.

You best be doing that filet au poivre, nigga

I know what tossing a sallad means, but that kind of teenager euphemism is 'buttered mushroom'? Does it have anything to do with truffle butter on your glans as a result of back door entry?

Can't give you a specific type of mushroom, I've always used the basic brown ones. Not the white mushrooms, that's trashy.

And if not a salad, you might still want a green to lead with. My mind is drawing a blank on that one. I'd say asparagus, but that might end up being too greasy altogether.

It's just using some simple lubrication. For Christ sakes, how many vaginas did you ruin before you thought about buttering your mushroom, you fucking animal?

Garlic beurre noisette. I can find pepper sauce a bit overpowering sometimes

My vaggos always come with automatic lubrication. Perhaps you should read about this new fad that's called foreplay, you insensitive clod. You don't just ram it in.

>brown mushroom
>White mushroom

Americans really Are subhuman. He asked what kind, nigger.

give her the old natty lickaroo

You do if you use lubrication. I got things to do, I can't just be expected to play with her tits and give her a hickey every time I want to go to fuck.

I just squirt some lube on the head, slap her clit with it a few times, and see how quick I can hit the back walls.

That's the only kind I know. Except for shiitake, but I can't buy that with a straight face. I've fucking tried.

Google "champignon"

90% sure thats it

Jesus Christ You guys Are helpless

Never had portobello in your life?

Asparagus and sauteed mushrooms

That's the brown one itn talking about.

You're a fucking mindreader.

>Garlic beurre noisette
Keep it simple man.... and definitely do not do anything "au poivre" in fact try o not to include too much dairy in your meal.. as a side go with anything you like... either something green like asparagus or with more carbs like maybe a bacon/mushroom/potato mix.

champignons are white, you might be thinking of crimini or baby portabello.

t. american flyover

>browned butter is not simple
Are you flyover?

Garlic roasted broccoli, roast in olive oil
Toss with lemon juice and parnesan (not powdered shit)

It's all three the exact same mushroom (agaricus bisporus) you useless american.

No, I mean Portobello is the one I'm talking about.

I would call that pretty simple really. I think the asparagus is winning so far. I'm going to the market soon anyway so I'l see what looks good. I've just remembered she loves fennel and celeriac.

Botanically, yes.

Culinary(culinarily?) no, besides crimini/baby portobello. Those are different names for the same color/"""""""""ripeness"""""""""".

Culinarily, yes. They taste just the same. Texture varies with size, but has great variance depending on storage and freshness too and the overlap is considerable. Try some actually different mushrooms like hedgehog, chantarelle, black trumpet, morrel or the various boletus' and you'll find substantial differences in taste and texture. I cook professionally. With """mushrooms""" when in season. Fuck off.

asparagus risotto for starters.

>I cook professionally

Oh yeah? well I'm gordon ramsay fite me bich

Homemade yorkshire puddings, a very rich beef gravy, and seasonal vegetables.

You need veggies. Someone in the thread recommended salad, I concur. This meal seems pretty heavy so far so freshness and lightness will be a good addition.