"lives in"

>"lives in"
>"kills"
>"guy"

Why the fuck do hack profs always do this? Are they retarded enough to really think this shit better teaches students?

he's doing it to help students make associations with unfamiliar stimuli, and increase their memory retention and understanding

you still do it even now with virtually everything you learned as a child and did not reinforce or relearn as an adult, but usually its subconscious.

>as opposed to all of the sources I don't have that says it doesn't?

wew

I use those phrases to everyone, not just undergrads. Fuck you.

Stop or start being a bit more creative.

Analogies are the crutch of the mentally deficient. And, they are fucking terrible. The worst offender is the water analogy for explaining electricity.

You are an idiot and you know nothing about education research.

>education research

You'r not serious, are you?

Hello freshman.

>education research
L0Lasif

>you still do it if you're an illiteritard
FTFY

>"Wah my professor doesn't speak perfect english"
>"Wah this notation is marginally different than what I'm used to"
>"Wah my teacher is bad"

Brb I'm gonna go "eat" a covector that "lives" in the tangent space. Also, bonding happens because of "happy" electrons.

Visualization is the key to quickly memorizing complex concepts.

Why am I the only one who has no fucking idea what you're all talking about?

>implying magnetism isn't caused by complacent electrons
just let them be happy, you privileged fuck
not everyone gets to be born three-dimensional

It doesn't increase anything. The difference is literally nil between how I think about "kills" and "annihilates". Same goes for the rest of this retarded shit such as "eats".

Lol, maybe one day you'll see how fucking bogus most "studies" are and you'll stop treating them as gospel. I'm just here giving my opinion anyway, you dumb cunt. if you only want to read things that are peer-reviewed, you can fuck off from Veeky Forums anytime.

Tell that to Grothendieck. The analogy was pretty much his favorite thing ever.

>annihilate
>healthy\excellent schemes
>enough injectives
>good quotients
Why can't real mathematicians ever be precise?

>waves
>not three dimensional

>reals
Why can't precise mathematicians ever be realless?

>le ebic "psychology is not a science" meme!

Hahaha, everyone laugh at this faggot

while most of the analogies here are forgivable and even somewhat useful, calling a mathematical object "good" is the worst thing on earth

a good quotient, or a good algebra or group action or whatever, varies so much even within one context that it's a useless word. in research the "good" setting is often constant enough to refer to it as such, but in education the mathematical setting changes often enough to need explanation.

Guess Feynman had learning difficulties then

Lol get out

He was a physicist, they're all idiots.

I'd venture to guess that Feynman has achieved more than you ever will in your lifetime.

What have you contributed to society beyond insults?

hue

this is the part where we forget that we are just iqtest.com brainlets and criticise mental titans of science from our comfy user computer chairs

Literally everything you think about is some form of analogy when you really break it down. Brainlet pleb detected.

Dank memes

>kek he isnt even aware when his brain makes a connection by analogy
>he thinks he doesnt use analogies for literally every thought in his head
>he doesnt know his neural network literally functions by analogies

poor fella

>being this salty that an anonymous poster over the internet has achieved a higher state of thought
just be happy for him

There is a strong chance that person you replied to is an idiot but they could just be trolling.

Every notion I described are perfectly precise and well-defined terms. That was the joke.

>implying there is a difference

>Lol, maybe one day you'll see how fucking bogus most "studies" are and you'll stop treating them as gospel. I'm just here giving my opinion anyway, you dumb cunt

>opinion
>sources are bogus
>science and math

wow two days since you quoted my post and I'm still wewing.

Yeah, feel free to stop being a teenage reddit church of scientism retard any time

>Are they retarded enough to really think this shit better teaches students?
They're terms that people have been using for decades because they describe how the speaker thinks about what's happening.

The world does not revolve around you.

pls don't bully psychology

>Analogies are the crutch of the mentally deficient.
the irony