Is Veeky Forums actually this racist...

Is Veeky Forums actually this racist? Or is it an example of the loudest being the most representative of a group even if a minority.

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1468-2389.2006.00346.x/abstract;jsessionid=D2D1E362BB8DAB0122C28015E9C090CF.f04t03
asm.sagepub.com/content/12/3/303.abstract
americananthro.org/ConnectWithAAA/Content.aspx?ItemNumber=2583
psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=buy.optionToBuy&id=2005-00117-007
insidehighered.com/news/2015/10/27/study-finds-race-growing-explanatory-factor-sat-scores-california
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice off topic bait, fuckhead

It always has been the latter on Veeky Forums, except for one board.

Veeky Forums has the opinions supported by the scientific evidence which overwhelmingly supports """"""""""racist"""""""""" views

Veeky Forums in general is racist. This has to do with anonymity, and I doubt anyone here would actually do anything in public.

Except you never have the evidence and when pressured you resort to buzzwords.

""supported"" by dubious ""statistics"" is what I'm sure you meant.

but that's literally not true
I encourage you to show me some positive (or even convincing negative) evidence that Africans, whites and North East Asians are equally intelligent
spoiler alert: they're not

what evidence do you want if not statistics?
are you similarly dismissive when statistics support your preconceived motions or only when you don't like the results?

On race and IQ
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1468-2389.2006.00346.x/abstract;jsessionid=D2D1E362BB8DAB0122C28015E9C090CF.f04t03

""
This reply reviews the conceptual, methodological, and statistical foundations of Rushton, Skuy and Bons' article in this journal that compared Black Africans, Whites and East Indians on the Raven's Advanced Progressive Matrices, and concluded that the Raven's is an unbiased test. Through a technical re-analysis of both the internal and external validity criteria for test bias using data reported in the Rushton et al. paper, we demonstrate that the Raven's Matrices test is in fact biased against Black Africans. We take issue with several additional elements of Rushton et al.'s study, including the use of non-equivalent groups in test samples. We briefly review Rushton's racial-realist research agenda and show that the assumption of test bias is central to advancing that agenda. Industrial/organizational and occupational psychologists should critically analyze and re-evaluate the science employed in Rushton's racial-realist research and also should better understand the ethical and social implications of accepting his reports of research findings on test bias and White–Black IQ differences as established scientific facts.
""

This position can only come from ignorance. Even if you were shown evidence it wouldn't affect your ideas.

It's the very simple fact that none of the ""statistics"" control for confounding variables and if you had even taken a high school statistics class you'd know how easy it is to lie with statistics. I believe statistics when they are analyzed properly by statisticians, which you are not.
Not to mention that there is no good measure of intelligence. That's like saying, "statistically, people in Sweden are the nicest people in the world. Science, boom."

And I'm done with this thread.

On race and IQ

asm.sagepub.com/content/12/3/303.abstract

""
Valid assessment with diverse populations requires tools that are not influenced by cultural elements. This study investigated the relationships between culture, information processing efficiency, and general cognitive capacities in samples of Caucasian and Mexican American college students. Consistent with the neural efficiency hypothesis, pupillary responses (indexing mental effort) and detection accuracy scores on a visual backward-masking task were both significantly related to the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised (WAIS-R) Full Scale scores. These measures of information processing efficiency were similar in the two groups. However, they were related only to Caucasian American, but not to a comparable sample of Mexican American, students’ WAIS-R scores. Therefore, the differential validity in prediction suggests that the WAIS-R test may contain cultural influences that reduce the validity of the WAIS-R as a measure of cognitive ability for Mexican American students. Information processing and psychophysiological approaches may be helpful in developing culture-fair cognitive ability measures.
""

On the existence of race

americananthro.org/ConnectWithAAA/Content.aspx?ItemNumber=2583

""
As a result of public confusion about the meaning of "race," claims as to major biological differences among "races" continue to be advanced. Stemming from past AAA actions designed to address public misconceptions on race and intelligence, the need was apparent for a clear AAA statement on the biology and politics of race that would be educational and informational. Rather than wait for each spurious claim to be raised, the AAA Executive Board determined that the Association should prepare a statement for approval by the Association and elicit member input.
""

>his IQ test like every single other imaginable metric that has ever been applied showed that blacks do badly and therefore it's racist
is this a joke

also how on earth is pic related (which is how raven's matrices test looks like) biased? how far can the cognitive dissonance go?

also this is not evidence
this is a poor attempt to refute one piece of evidence out of a mountain
and this is a very common theme
you never see studies that actually show equal intelligence just desperate refutations of studies that show the contrary

Veeky Forums is racist for 2 reasons.

1) it's the go to board for anyone who wants to reinforce their beliefs with "science". Post some dodgy cherrypicked stats and circlejerk to your heart's content.

2) The "home" posters of this board probably are racist due to dunning krueger syndrome. Passed calc III? That somehow makes you an expert on race relations.

On genetics and race

psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=buy.optionToBuy&id=2005-00117-007

""
Environmental and genetic explanations have been given for Black-White racial differences in intelligence and other traits. In science, viable, alternative hypotheses are ideally given equal Bayesian prior weights; but this has not been true in the study of racial differences. This article advocates testing environmental and genetic hypotheses of racial differences as competing hypotheses. Two methods are described: (a) fitting means within structural equation models and (b) predicting means of interracial children. These methods have limitations that call for improved research designs of racial differences. One improvement capitalizes on biotechnology. Genetic admixture estimates--the percentage of genes of European origin that a Black individual possesses (independent of genes related to skin coloration)--can represent genetic influences. The study of interracial children can be improved by increasing sample size and by choosing family members who are most informative for a research question. Eventually, individual-admixture estimates will be replaced by molecular genetic tests of alleles of those genes that influence traits
""

Lol of course this is the first thing you bring up.

>Not to mention that there is no good measure of intelligence.
pick any metric you like
IQ, school performance, SAT, successin technological fields, aversion from criminality, etc.
the results are always the same
I prefer IQ because it seems unbiased and provides easily accessible hard numbers

Bump

just because there's no hard line doesn't mean that there is no difference between populations

try me
show me some hard evidence
there is none in this thread so far

>Racism: Blacks are bad because their skin is black
>Not Racism: These blacks are bad because they do these bad things [1][2][3][4]

Learn the difference already

>there ia none in this thread so far
Are you blind?

have you actually read the pastas he's posting? or did you just assume they made sense?

what they're all trying to do is discredit the statistics instead of coming up with some hard evidence to actually support their position because it doesn't exist

How long do you think it would take all races to "level out" in terms of economic and social standing? Segregation was legally ended only about 50 years ago? Ones economic holding has a lot of I fluency in SAT grade, school performance, etc. Especially in Southern states where a lot more black people were shit poor.

>Ones economic holding has a lot of I fluency in SAT grade, school performance, etc.
this is true and a very valid point
the most aflluent blacks score slightly better than the poorest whites but way behind similarly rich whites
in fact the race gap is very consistent at all income levels

pic related is 1995 but the picture hasn't changed and has been consistent for decades

if socioeconomic factors are the main reason then why has the racial gap been stagnant for decades?

>Except you never have the evidence and when pressured you resort to buzzwords.

Wait, why are you talking about social justice warriors?

>posting copypasta from a self-declared racist board isn't racist

1 - Source needed

2 - This is exactly what the other guy was talking about. There are tons of confounding variables when you're talking about something like an SAT score.

>These blacks
Exactly therefore saying "blacks are criminals" is racist because not all blacks are criminals. Lumping in a black churchgoer with a gangbanger is plain stupid.

I would say the only other factors is social expectation from peers and confirming to stereotypes due to psychology etc. But there's no way to quantify that.

>1 - Source needed
this isn't even controversial but an accepted fact
here's one mainstream source for you:
insidehighered.com/news/2015/10/27/study-finds-race-growing-explanatory-factor-sat-scores-california

>There are tons of confounding variables when you're talking about something like an SAT score.
then why is it so consistent?
and why does the SAT curve align perfectly with what you'd expect from IQ scores? are the confounding factors exactly the same in both cases?

>disregarding facts by name calling

If Hitler says "2+2=4" does 2+2≠4?

>here's one mainstream source for you:
>insidehighered.com/news/2015/10/27/study-finds-race-growing-explanatory-factor-sat-scores-california
Did you read your own article? Because it doesn't agree with your conclusions.

>then why is it so consistent?
If the same confounding variables are present consistently, then the same results will appear consistently.

>and why does the SAT curve align perfectly with what you'd expect from IQ scores? are the confounding factors exactly the same in both cases?
They could be. mentioned one which can certainly play a role: social expectations

First of all anyone could have cooked up that Excel job, second of all the SAT is one test in one country, not the be all end all of education and thirdly doing badly at something doesn't mean you can't do it. african american culture doesn't put much stock in education, it is more likely that black parents don't push their kids hard enough. In these tests even in this one Asian kids always come out on top, yet whites are responsible for most technological innovation, therefore school results are more indicative of how aggressive one's parents are.

This is such terrible science, advocating a single hypothesis without discounting or even discussing any others. Unless you can actually prove that blacks do worse in school because they are actually dumber and no other reason then your hypothesis will be valid.

>mfw he took the b8
kek it's pretty funny actually

SJW's get triggered from racists, and /pol/ gets triggered from being called racist

>This is such terrible science, advocating a single hypothesis without discounting or even discussing any others
This
Someone posted an abstract that said "In science, viable, alternative hypotheses are ideally given equal Bayesian prior weights; but this has not been true in the study of racial differences."

Also, I'm reading through the study, and there's a section titled "Alternative Explanations of the 'Test Score Gap'" You should read it if you're interested in proper scientific practice

I see a lot of parallels between /pol/ and /x/. they have a belief, they get some data and they skim it only for what backs up their belief. All other possible explanations are totally ignored.

For example the stereotype that blacks are better at running. They get some USA Olympic medal data and see most are black, great that backs up their beliefs so that's the explanation. Likewise /x/ would see a picture of a UFO, and just assume it's aliens because that's what they want to believe. It's just one hypothesis guys. it so happens that there are other reasons why blacks would appear to be better at running, accessible sport with high reward, circular reasoning of everyone says blacks are batter at it so blacks end up doing it more which reinforces the belief. To prove my hypothesis I will be a proper scientist and disprove the other as follows. Most black countries are actually no good at running. Haiti, Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, despite being very populous and completely black countries they are all nobodies at the Olympics. So that's the racist theory out of the window. I haven't proved my hypothesis but I easily disproved one which is how science actually works.

>Did you read your own article? Because it doesn't agree with your conclusions.
it agrees that the racial gap is huge, and has been largely consistent for the last 20 years and there's no indication of it going away any time soon

>If the same confounding variables are present consistently, then the same results will appear consistently.
>They could be. mentioned one which can certainly play a role: social expectations
this is pure ad hoc conjecture to try and discredit stats you don't like and you know it

>SAT is one test in one country,
that lines up with all other data we have

>In these tests even in this one Asian kids always come out on top
of course
Asians are slightly more intelligent than whites (IQ 106-108 average compared to white 100 and black 85-87)

>yet whites are responsible for most technological innovation
I'd like some sources on that m8

>advocating a single hypothesis without discounting or even discussing any others
many others are considered
none of them make sense
they're usually based on invisible and unmeasurable "social factors" that have been unchanged since WW1 apparently, do not account for how Asian IQ in China is virtually the same as in America or European IQ in Europe identical to white IQ in America despite school results varying greatly between countries, the fact that black children with white adopted parents score 85 on average and white children with black parents 100, the fact that IQ seems mostly inherited, etc.

there is no logical theory, backed by actual positive evidence that makes useful predictions or explanations that doesn't account for a genetic racial IQ gap

Not cool bro the brainlets need something to talk about too