Thinking about taking an IQ test. What should I expect in the test?

And how much does a decent one cost?

A waste of your time and money

Too much.

The only point to get an IQ test is to circlejerk about how well you did some some test. I recommend you do something better with your time and money.

I'm just interested in seeing what my iq is. Not gonna brag about it.

You do realize IQ means absolutely nothing right?

I will tell you right now, I assign the number 122 to you. Congratulations, you have your number now. You may continue existing as before.

Thinking about taking an IQ test. What should I expect in the test?
>cost
sub-80

>what should I expect
At best: a sense of superiority over the common man, which is highly likely to result in laziness and a lack of career progress, which you subsequently brush off by declaring yourself above such "menial" or "arbitrary" pursuits.

At worst: confirming your mediocre or - at the absolute worst - below mediocre mental capability.

>You do realize IQ means absolutely nothing right?
You do realize that only people with average/below average IQ:s say stupid shit like this, right? IQ (the g factor) has since long been scientifically proven to correlate well with a persons cognitive ability. The US army grades your ASVAB IQ-section with stanine scores for a good reason.

>not going to brag about it

I think you mean:

>Score well: mention it whenever possible, even with the most tenuous connection.

>Score poorly: pretend it never happened, even when asked.

>Score poorly: ragespam about how meaningless iq is evrytime iq is mentioned.
ftfy

>What should I expect in the test?

A double digit score.

>scientifically proven
>proven
lol

For one, IQ is part of the field of psychology, which is not a science as it fails the replication requirement more than 50% of the time.

For two, you can only prove equations. Science provides evidence for claims, but it never proves them.

>psychology as a whole fails to replicate studies 50% of the time
>therefore everything is psych isn't legit
I hope you realize how retarded you sound.

Stefbot: Social science is not a science!
Subscriberbot: Yes, but don't you promote IQ tests as being scientific?
Stefbot: IQ are scientific
Subscriberbot: But aren't IQ tests developed by social scientists
Stefbot: Let me deflect that question by asking about your use of language, political beliefs or personal life.

> Social science is not a science!
when will this meme die

when it starts being a science and stops being a megaphone for political narratives.

> social scientists : we use IQ becuse of pattern recognition
> anti-social scientists : we can't know nuthin
lol

there is no political narratives. all science branches inevitably intersect with politics except for maths. i don't know why you're nitpicking specifically on social sciences but you make no sense

Yes there are political narratives. There is even in legit sciences like climate science when oil companies pay for studies debunking AGW. Just in social "sciences" we have political activists who want to prove their ideologies right. And that is 90%+ of social "scientists".

not only is that a straw man, it's not even close to anything anyone has ever said ever

empiricists and philosophers don't say "we can't know", they just reject self-serving presumption and confirmation bias because they're irrational and unfounded.

You keep chuckling to yourself but you non-sequitur reductio ad absurdum isn't funny.

It's like claiming
>Pro social scientists: Pizza pies are peanut sky lala bread

It doesn't make any sense, even as a straw man.

>all science branches inevitably intersect with politics except for maths
He's not speaking about personal politics but socio-legal political interests.
Most sciences do not intersect with that at all.

Also a science isn't a science until it can provide scientific results and laws.

Well if you throw away every scientific branch that mixed with politics than you will throw away every one of them except for maths. If you draw the line where social politics begin, then you're just nitpicking.

> strawman
> no i reject what you say
> no it doesn't meet my arbitrary standards of true
> no i won't bother offering anything instead
> no i'm not even ready to accept an alternative answer
> where did i say "we can't know nuthing" ???
lol

Projecting + False dilemma = More straw man fallacies

You're the idiot that multiples fallacies when they get caught using them.

> no i reject what you say
> no it doesn't meet my arbitrary standards of true
seriously you do use the false dilemma fallacy way too much
calm down on the trolling

> if i list some argumentative fallacies that i don't even understand the meanings of, maybe this time it will look like i had some context in my post.
Your semantic word play leads up the same thing as always. But don't worry, you just belong to the group of retards who simply accepted "we cant know nuthin" as their definitive answer. So settle in.

learn what the words you use mean before typing them up for fucks sake. its embarrassing.

You use more projection when people call you out on projection.
You have no idea what I think because I have only spent time mocking you for being arrogant.

But you do use fallacies and every time you get called out on them, you look them up, don't understand them, ignore what fallacies are, and then go on using more.

You even denied the existence of formal fallacies yesterday.

You don't wish to learn, so you reject epistemology and deduction.
If we know fallacies are wrong, then we can't use them in argumentation.
Your attempts to falsely accuse me of using fallacies wrongly is also teetering on ad hominem nonsense.

You can't use formal fallacies and form logical arguments.
You also have to admit that you don't know what you don't know.
That doesn't mean you can't know anything, it means you have to accept you don't know everything.
Do you even understand that?

That's not a counter argument nor a refutation.
And stop same fagging.
I reiterate:

You can't use formal fallacies and form logical arguments.
You also have to admit that you don't know what you don't know.
That doesn't mean you can't know anything, it means you have to accept you don't know everything.
Do you even understand that?

Also:
You don't wish to learn, so you reject epistemology and deduction.
If we know fallacies are wrong, then we can't use them in argumentation.
Your attempts to falsely accuse me of using fallacies wrongly is also teetering on ad hominem nonsense.