Best Fruit

Are figs God's gift?

Dried figs are cancer. But fresh are pretty nice.

Yes, I'll have to agree on that.

I've been snacking on dried turkish figs and walnuts for the last week. Yes, they are a gift from God.

You must have had mission figs

Whaaat? Where'd you get your dried figs? I get some from time to time at Costco and they've always been quality. Great on their own as a snack, or just amazing in oatmeal with a little brown sugar and butter.

Don't get me wrong, fresh is good too, but I can't usually get them in my town.

How big do they get? I want to stick my dick in one

I've tried that, felt good. Just like the inside of a warm cunt.

Some turkish dude who imports them from god knows where.

Fresh figs are tasteless shit.

Dry figs are the only option

yes..nothing comes close.. also when i got to italy i always confuse the words for fig and for pussy so i always get tons of laughs along with my pussy.

>Fresh figs are tasteless shit.

Says the guy who doesn't have a fig tree in his yard.

You lucky fucking bastard.

I've never had a fresh fig.

I love Jennie's dried figs.

Nutrifigs are nasty.

Muricans, you have invented the seedless watermelon, why don't you invent seedless fig, too, so I can actually enjoy what I'm eating?

the seed is the fruit you fucking pleb.

Dried figs taste like prunes to me

FIGSAVAGE
I
G
A
V
A
G
E

I demand fig accessibility for those who meet their daily seed quota through sucking cock. any more than that is just outrageously excessive.

what the fuck are you talking about, son? The seeds are worst part. How do people enjoy this?

My parents friends used to have a fig tree and I remember those figs being sweet and juicy.
Saw some Brown Turkey figs at Publix and thought hell yeah. They turned out to be bland and bitter. Not ripe, or is that not the good kind of fig?

>The seeds are the best part.
FTFY

>fresh figs are favorite fruit
>can never find them fresh, only dried

use water to activate them

>Fresh figs are tasteless shit.
I feel so sad for the person who thinks this. Figs are really my favourite fruit by a large margin.

You folks need to find a proper cultivar (from Greece or Turkey ideally) and plant it in your garden.

>The seeds are the best part.
Le mao

>Go to the market
>Buy figs
>Waste money on seeds and unedible skin

Best part is when you don't eat figs

No, dates are gifts from Allah swt though

figs are ok. they're pretty bland. i like the green varieties better as they're a little more tangy, but they're just kind of sweet and that's it?

Are you entirely sure you're not confusing figs with an avocado? I can see how (you) could make that mistake.

Dates are damned amazing, but it's so easy to eat over 9000 of them in one go and then have to pay the piper.

Passion fruit is the fuking best

well you're in Florida so you already have garbage tastes

>and plant it in your garden

Make sure you wrap it up with burlap in the Winter if you live in a cold climate. I made the mistake of not doing that three Winters ago and the cold killed the fuck out of it. Fortunately it started growing back again from the roots.

This if two years of growth after that happened and I'm still not getting any decent figs yet. Maybe next year.

Jesus hated a fig tree, so idk

Black mission figs are delicious dried. Very plump and moist. All other dried figs are shit though.

>tfw fig tree has been pretty barren this year

As in the fleshy interior is the flower and the "seeds" are the fruit.

That's what happens when you let Jesus into your garden.

or not give it enough water (massive amounts of water)

They wont fruit without fig wasps or am I mistaken?

Fig trees only bear fruit thanks to something called a fig wasp. The wasps are born inside the figs, and when the females hatch, they crawl out to find a new fig in which they can lay their own eggs.

>Look this up
>It's real
Okay fuck this I'm out

That's why Vegans don't eat em

If you like wasp larva then yes

>Are you entirely sure you're not confusing figs with an avocado?

Yes, I am. Avocado is actually good compared to figs. At least there is some flesh to eat and not just seeds. When will people realise that figs are just a shitty fruit and stop eating it? Denying it would mean that you suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

Christ no wonder my aunts house would have the occasional wasp nest. Nah, I'm good.

They stay pretty small so you should be just fine

I wish I didn't know about the dissolved wasp thing.

baring technicalities about which part is the seed, what kind of shit tier trash figs are you buying where seeds are unappetising?
And you know the skin is actually edible, if they're of any considerable quality, right?

>baring technicalities about which part is the seed, what kind of shit tier trash figs are you buying where seeds are unappetising?

All figs are shit tier trash, senpai. And I don't buy figs. My father does, and no matter what figs would ever get, it always tasted like shit.

>And you know the skin is actually edible

Considering the fruit it covers, it would be shitty, too. Why even bother eating it?

Does he tell you to close your eyes and lays two ripe figs in your mouth user?
Are they warm?

but seriously, either your dad can't buy good figs to save his life or he's trying to poison you for shits and giggles, figs are supposed to taste like moist fruity honey

This must be why my tongue burns/numbs after eating a pound or so...

The forbidden fruit was a fig and after they had knowledge they used it to weave an apron like the masons wear.

BEST

>tfw I get tons of figs every year
>just make fig preserves
>there's still jars filled with the stuff from last year
Help I can't eat all of this...

yes.

the hell are those??

G-d's gift

This is from 2011 I think. Hopefully I will get some like this next year.

Thats only in smyrna type figs, common figs do not rely on the wasp to bear fruit as they are parthenocarpic

>
>or not give it enough water (massive amounts of water)
I checked today and noticed some unripe figs at the top of the tree. Crossing my fingers that I get something.

Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches