Does Veeky Forums like Biscuits and gravy?

Does Veeky Forums like Biscuits and gravy?

Comfiest Sunday morning breakfast in existence imho.

Obviously

are there people out there who don't like biscuits and gravy?

Haven't had it in a while. I love it with some eggs and hashbrowns.

trash food.

fuck off

What even is that? What are those chunks?

Sausage

It really is delicious. But if you don't consume that much fat very often you can end up exploding liquid out your ass for a few hours. After eating healthy for a while it shocked my system recently.

I much prefer a breakfast burrito / tacos for a savory morning meal

never had it but would love to try it out

What does it taste like?

I think you might need to see your doctor

I like biscuits and gravy, but OP should split those open and put that gravy on there openfaced.

heaven

A rich, creamy gravy with strong flavors from the sausage you choose to use.

Brown crumbled sausage in a pan (don't use non-stick here, you want some to stick) on a high enough heat to where it starts to brown and not just pale up. Once the sausage is cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.

In the same pan, add a couple tbsp of butter and swirl it over the leftover sausage bits until it starts to foam (you want it about medium heat for this part). Sift in a couple spoonfuls of flour and mix it well with the butter and sausage bits. Keep stirring until the flour has absorbed most of the butter and sausage fat in the pan and you begin to get a nutty aroma from the flour (it's important not to burn it on too high a heat, but you definitely want a little color on it).

This is where you'll stir a lot. Slowly begin adding in milk and stirring constantly. Use your best judgment here, it'll be similar if you've ever had experience thickening gravies. Just remember, it'll thicken as you heat it and it reduces a little, and it'll also thicken as it cools, so don't be too scared to add a little more milk than you think you might need.

Cook until it's thickened well, and then re-add the sausage you set aside earlier. Stir it in and serve immediately over biscuits, thick slices of toast, or even hashbrowns. Add some eggs and maybe some sliced tomato and you're set.

this post made me hungry and it's good advice too. there weren't even any memes

Oh yeah, salt and pepper to taste. You can usually go light on salt, at least in the USA as our common breakfast sausage has a lot. But I enjoy going really heavy on black pepper.

Apologies on the lack of memeing. Have an image for funsies.

Are they sweet or savory? In my language 'biscuits' are always sweet. For example my favorite biscuit are a kind of shortbread with eggs.
Are these just leavened savory shortbread?

I don't like biscuits and gravy or egg dishes, but I make biscuits and grave and eggs benedict all the time

The trick to creamy, smooth gravy is to use room temperature milk.

I like BnG

I don't remove the sausage. I make the gravy with the sausage in the pan.

Biscuits and gravy are awesome.

savory, murkastronk biscuits are always savory, unless topped with honey or jam

I believe in the UK they refer to these biscuits as scones. They're a flaky and buttery, not like shortbread at all. We call your biscuits cookies.

I don't even want to know what kind of degenerate would eat that pile of vomit.

t. someone who has never had biscuits and gravy

hipster faggot detected

I never really was a fan of biscuits and gravy despite living in the south. I don't like the taste of the gravy at all unfortunately.

American biscuits are like flakey, cylindrical savoury scones. The outside has a crust and the inside is soft and fluffy.

Those biscuits are sad and the gravy looks like it needs a lot more pepper, but I'd otherwise question anyone who would pass it up.

Looks perfect to me.

Biscuits are exactly how I like them, and the gravy looks thick and rich with lot's of flavor.

But I also like heavily peppered white gravy.

Biscuits and gravy is a delicious dish, but holy fuck I cannot think of more unhealthy food for the life of me. Any other shitty Midwestern slop at least has some protein from the frozen/canned meat in it.

I thought scones were just a british afternoon tea thing, you're telling me americans eat them with sauce?

Buts it's grey, WTF?

My favorite breakfast is just en endless plate of biscuits and gravy from big boys breakfast bar. Their gravy is dank af.

Breakfast gravy in the US is made with milk and a roux- that's why it's white.

this local restaurant (minneapolis) does this one with sweet potato biscuits and chorizo sausage and its GOOOOOOOODDDD

I'm so hungry now, why did I come here.

>be me
>visit cousin in England
>got to an "pub"
>order biscuits and gravy
>get this

I like red eye gravy on my biscuits and grits

>an pub
>an
Retardation.

me too. Less dishes to clean and it has the same result. Ive made B+G so many god damn times I only dirty my saucier and my silicone spoonula. Oh, and the big bowl I make the biscuits in. Who the fuck wants to do dishes in the morning?

Began detected

Vegan*

in england we call those cookies.

You seem nice

and this is how everyone makes sausage gravy.

while this method is AAAIIGGHHTT, i'ts not the best way. There is a big secret to making it better than this. You figure it yourself, but if you like it this way, just remember that it can be a lot better.

pic unrelated.

Its grey because the MF'er knows the secret.

Scrapple is the undisputed king of all breakfast foods, but I do love biscuits and gravy. Here's more great breakfast stuff:

>omelettes
>goetta
>blood pudding
>corned beef hash
>quiche
>poached eggs
>hollandaise on anything
>grits

>biscuits and gravy
>no protein
where did this come from

His ass.

I love biscuits and gravy but man it's got a shit load of calories.

I'd like to try this with Cheddar Bay Biscuits

You do know it has sausage in it right its not just white gravy.

>has some protein from the frozen/canned meat in it
Do you not see the fucking sausage you retard.

I won't argue with you. Biscuits should be as golden and crusty as that outside, but they should be a bit thicker, soft and flaky in the inside. And, like you, I think the white gravy needs a fair amount of pepper. But as I said, you'd still be a fool to pass that up.

*Belgian

To my horror, yes.

Fuck yea I like bisc and gravy, I only have it when my mother cooks it for me when I go home. Love it.

Get fucked faggot

Should people that don't like biscuits and gravy be sterilized? euthanized?