What are your favorite cucumber dishes? I love the taste, but they only really seem to work in certain applications

What are your favorite cucumber dishes? I love the taste, but they only really seem to work in certain applications.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarator
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okroshka
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i just eat them like a banana. No reason to beat around the bush.

On another note, from the yogurt thread got me looking in to ayran, and I've heard cucumber can be added, but I'm still not sure how.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarator

That's how. Just make sure you use live-culture yogurt.

There's also a bunch of balkan salads that include cucumbers

Water and cucumber blended into a thick but fucking refreshing half liter of water.

Greek salad, gazpacho

Like a levantine okroshka. I like it.

These, called Feldgurke in Austria, are way better than the ones you posted.

>he doesnt grow his own cucumbers

Reminds me of a pickling cucumber. If it is, I agree.

cut up a cucumber a tomato and half a red onion.... add salt olive oil and a few pieces of a basil leaf. Eat it with good crusty bread..

Polish cucumber salad, aka mizeria. Cut cucumbers into thin slices. Salt, wait for 20 minutes, drain whilst pressing surplus water out. Make dressing with sour cream, lemon juice, lots of dill and a pinch of sugar and some ground black pepper. Delicious.

Bang bang chicken

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okroshka
kefir based is based.
really popular here in russia, esp during summer.

Disgusting shit. Back to 2ch, bydlo.

Veeky Forums is the only helpful board here.

When they asked me why I killed him, I muttered softly "he said my okroshka tasted like horse piss."

Cucumber salad with sesame oil is the obvious one.

But I like to make cucumber noodles and have them with any kind of thin noodles, a light tomato sauce, and black rice vinegar.

Cucumber sandwiches are nice as well.

Balkaner here.
We usually grate the cucumbers, salt them and drain the excess fluid they release. Then we add plain yogurt, but not too much, shouldn't be liquid. My grandma also adds someminced garlic and mint inside. It's refreshing as fuck, ultimate summer salad.

i normally use them in ceviche, not sure if that's one of the certain applications you're already thinking of or not

With lemon juice and vinegar

Same, but with fresh crunchy garlic as well. Good.

Grab a good pickle, blender with sour cream and dill. Best dip for unflavored potato chips.

Use it in a good sandwich.

Ham, watercress, thinly sliced cucumber, dijon mustard, mayo on a nice bread roll or baguette.

I prefer a honey and pumpkin seed one that my local supermarket sells.