Butter in Oatmeal

Does anyone else here add butter to oatmeal? I've never met anyone else who grew up adding butter to oatmeal, but when I was a kid a pot of oatmeal wasn't complete without throwing a stick of butter in it. I'm from Colorado, but I've never heard of anyone from another state doing this either.

Where I live people add oatmeal to the butter. No wonder muricans and everyone else complains about eating it, if they eat it plain. jesus christ are people stupid?? Tastes like fucking boiled cardboard.

everyone in the south does it

I tried it once, it does nothing.

Just add a bit of salt if you want a salty taste.

If you want "smooth and creamy" texture, then incrementally add milk (any) AFTER they've been cooked in water. 125 ml or at least half a cup will do it; pour a little, stir, pour some more, stir, etc.

I'm from New York and I add butter to oatmeal.

Adding butter to oatmeal makes the oatmeal taste like butter. Adding milk does not make oatmeal taste like butter.

What does butter taste like?

cow titty fat

No, I just add fruit and nuts. Much better for you.

No offense but I don't eat liberal ass oatmeal.

I add a small bit of butter.
Some whole milk.
A bit of maple syrup.
Raisins.
Then I smooth out the top, and ice the surface with apple sauce, which I top with cinnamon.

i too eat my oatmeal with bacon

I used to always est my oatmeal with a pat of butter after it was fully cooked.

As I got older though I have grown to love it with milk/cream and sliced banana. I really love the hot/cold and texture differences between the hot oatmeal and the cold milk.

Butter, and a nip of scotch.

I cook it in milk so it doesn't taste like moldy cardboard, add just a little butter and cinnamon. Perfect

If I'm skipping lunch, some apples, bananas and honey too.

I have to get oatmeal now.

Oatmeal is a blessing. Anyone should know how to make it personally tasty.

Tons of people add butter to oatmeal.

Sorry, but you are not a special snowflake.

>stick
Uh no, maybe a pat of butter. Butter/cream/milk, it's all related dairy that adds a little richness. Butter also goes with the Tbsp of brown sugar nicely.

Most of the time my oatmeal is microwave cooked on half power, about 6 minutes. I use a dash of sea salt, and 50% water/50% milk. I might top it with nuts, cream, brown sugar, honey, dates/bananas/apple. Might get some cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, or allspice. I never mix in, but keep a little crust of toppings kind of like the opposite of fruit on the bottom yogurt, getting a little flavor into each bite down with the spoon.

Of course I do. Butter, honey, and raisins be where it's at.

Butter if using milk, cream if using nothing but water.

I prefer making it simply with just water and salt for the base and then loading up with swirls of cream, jam, or various syrups and fruit on top so I can control the flavor of every bite.

On its own, butter doesn't have much flavor. Maybe a bit of sweetness, if you're using sweet cream butter.

I've never used butter, but always used milk. Sometimes I throw in eggs, or honey.

I've never met someone who doesn't put butter in their oatmeal.

Add a little butter, salt, cream, and fruit

what are you a fucking arab? KYS

I add this is while it cooks. Splash of cream when it's done. Sweet enough doesn't even need sugar.

Sugar, cinnamon, some frozen blueberries and a nice knob of butter

my russian ex told me it was traditional where she was from